|Date of event||Sun Feb 25 2024|
|Location of event||Osaka City|
|Official website||Osaka Marathon Official Website|
|Date of event||Sun Feb 25 2024|
|Date & Time||
* At the time of registration, identity verification will be conducted using a photo identification document specified by the event organizing body. Accordingly, a person other than the runner cannot register on behalf of the runner. Registration must be done by the runner in person.
* If you do not bring a photo identification document specified by the event organizing body, your registration will not be accepted.
Sunday, February 25, 2024
9:05／The wheelchair race starts.
9:15／Marathon Wave 1 starts. The subsequent waves start sequentially.
11:05／ Challenge Run finishes.
11:15／The wheelchair race finishes.
16:15／The marathon finishes.
The Osaka Marathon course, starting in front of the Osaka Prefectural Government Building and finishing within Osaka Castle Park
[A course certified by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and the World Athletics (WA) / the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS)]
Challenge Run: Starting at Osaka Prefectural Office and finishing near Osaka City Hall. (Unofficial course)
The race will be conducted in accordance with the latest rules and regulations of the WA, the JAAF, and this event.
Since the Osaka Marathon is a Label Road Race certified by the WA, the WA Road Race Label Regulations also apply. Doping control tests will be conducted in accordance with the WA Rules.
The wheelchair racing follows the rules and regulations of the World Para Athletics (WPA) and this event.
|Line-up at the Start||
To relieve congestion and runners safety, a wave (corralsafety) start will be used.
A wave-start schedule and waiting blocks will be set up according to the certified time on the record certificate (personal best time) submitted at the time of application, regardless of having JAAF membership or not. Those who have not specified a certified time on the record certificate or an estimated finish time will start from the rearmost block of the last wave. Please note that if you start from a point forward of the set wave, you will be disqualified.
[Priority order for wave starts and waiting blocks]
(1) Invited athletes / Elite runners
(2) Those who have a personal best time (gross time or net time) (The time must be recorded at a confirmable race held within the After April 1, 2019. If it is found to be a false report, the entry will be canceled.)
(3) Those who reported an estimated finish time
(4) Those who reported neither a personal best time nor an estimated finish time
The awards will be granted based on the gross time as follows:
|Doping Control||Doping control tests will be conducted in accordance with the latest WA Anti-Doping Rules, the World Anti-Doping Code, and the Japan Anti-Doping Code. For doping control tests carried out before or after the race, a sample of urine and/or blood will be collected. People nominated should take the test as instructed.|
Athletes who have to use prohibited substances/methods included on the Prohibited List for the purpose of treating a disease must file an application for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE). For details, please refer to the websites below.
▼JAAF Medical Committee
▼Japan Anti-Doping Agency (JADA)
JAAF members are prohibited from participating in the race dressed in costume. Costume-clad runners are not allowed to start from Block A regardless of having JAAF membership or not. Costumes and behavior that cause discomfort to other runners or people along the route are prohibited.
|Entry Office||JTB ｓports station|