CHIBA AQUALINE MARATHON 2022
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 06 Nov 2022〜06 Nov 2022
- Event venue
- Chiba, Kisarazu
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Participation application period
25 Mar 2022 12:00 ～ 09 May 2022 17:00
This site accepts individual entry for International Division ONLY.
Entry from this site is Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022.
International Runner category accepts entries of 300 runners on a first-come-first-served basis.
The entry can be made without regard to the place of residence.
For safety purpose of Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022, the requirements for runners may be changed after your entry.
You will receive an e-mail notice with the updated requirements around July 15, 2022.
If you still fulfill and agree with the requirements, you are allowed to pay the entry participation fee (credit card only). If you have successfully paid the entry fee, your right to run in Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022 is ensured under the rules and conditions of Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Sunday, November 6, 2022
9:45 a.m. Wheelchair half-marathon events start
(shortened substitute course starts at 10:25 a.m.)
9:50 a.m. Marathon and Half-marathon events start
(shortened substitute course starts at 10:30 a.m.)
10:55 a.m. Wheelchair half-marathon event finish
1:10 p.m. Half-marathon event finish
4:00 p.m. Marathon event finish
Note: If the executive committee determines that the bridge section of the Tokyo Bay Aqualine is unusable due to strong winds or other adverse weather conditions, the shortened substitute course will be used for all events.
- Events, Maximum Numbers of Entrants and Time Limits
- 1. Marathon(42.195 km)/ 12,000 people(included overseas entry) /
6 hours 10 minutes(from the starting signal)
2. Half-marathon(21.0975 km) / Wheelchair half-marathon(21.0975 km)
/ 5,000 people for both events combined
(About 10 people for the wheelchair half-marathon)
3 hours 20 minutes(from the starting signal)
Wheelchair half-marathon(21.0975 km)
1 hours 10 minutes(from the starting signal)
Note: There will be a team competition in the full marathon event.
・The team competition is for people who enter as a group of three to six members, and those who are recommended as Team Spirit (Municipal Competition) entries.
・Participants entering the team competition must provide a team name.
・Rankings will be based on the average net times of the top three participants on each team.
・The first, second and third place winners will be awarded. (Please refer to Section “Awards”.)
- 1. Marathon
[Starting point]:In front of Shiohama Park (Kisarazu City)
(Passage points: Kisarazu-Kaneda IC, Umihotaru PA, Mitsui Outlet Park Kisarazu Shopping
Center, Sodegaura City Hall, Sodegaura Park, Hotaruno, Kiyomidai)
[Finishing point]: Former Kisarazu City Hall
2. Half-marathon,Wheelchair half-marathon
[Starting point]: In front of Shiohama Park (Kisarazu City)
(Passage points: Kisarazu-Kaneda IC, Umihotaru PA, Mitsui Outlet Park Kisarazu Shopping Center)
[Finishing point]: Ushigome Coast
Note: If the executive committee determines that the bridge section of the Tokyo Bay Aqualine is unusable due to strong winds or other adverse weather conditions, the event courses will be shortened to challenge runs. These will take place on local roads, with the marathon switching to a 31.4-kilometer course and the half-marathon and wheelchair half-marathon switching to a 10.3-kilometer course.
- 1.Those born on or before April 1, 2004 who can finish the race within the time limit.
2.Wheelchair half-marathon participation is limited to people in wheelchairs designed for racing. People who have no disabilities are not permitted to apply.
3. Competitors who want to enter the marathon or half-marathon but cannot run the race alone due to a disability may have a companion (caregiver) run with them. You must arrange your own companion. Please note that guide dogs will not be allowed.
Note: Please be sure to read “COVID-19 Countermeasures” in Section 18 before registering.
- Participation Fee
- 1. Marathon: 16,500JPY
2. Half-marathon: 13,500JPY
3. Wheelchair half-marathon: 13,500 JPY
- Charity Programs
- We will conduct charity initiatives to support various medical activities and to promote para-sports and other sports activities in Chiba Prefecture.
1. How to Participate
Select “wish to participate in charity programs” when applying. An additional ¥500 will be required in addition to the entry fee.
Note: All members must take part if a pair or team decides to participate in the charity program
2)Cheer Up bracket (first 100 entries)
Participants who select the Cheer Up bracket when applying and donate ¥50,000 or more in addition to the entry fee will be ensured entry to the race.
2. Donation recipients
These three organizations
a. Japanese Red Cross Society, Chiba Branch
b. Japanese Para-Sports Association
c. Chiba Educational Promotion Foundation (Chiba Sports Promotion Fund)
1. All donations will be evenly distributed to the above three organizations.
2. Cheer Up bracket participants with a certification from the organizations above will receive preferential treatment under the tax system.
Please assent to the above details when applying.
- (1) Marathon
1. Awards will be given to 1st-8th place male and 1st-8th place female finishers
2. Awards will be given to 1st-3rd place male and 1st-3th place female finishers by age group
3. Awards will be given to 1st-3th place finishers in the Team Competition
4. Awards will be given to 1st-3rd place finishers in the Team Spirit (Municipal Competition) bracket
1. Awards will be given to 1st-3th place male and 1st-3th place female finishers
2. Awards will be given to 1st-3th place male and 1st-3th place female finishers by age group
(3) Wheelchair half-marathon
Awards will be given to 1st-3rd place male and 1st-3rd place female finishers
- Competition Rules and Points to Note
- 1. All races will be conducted according to 2022 Japan Association of Athletics Federations’ rules of competition and the competition rules of this event
2. The organizers may decide to cancel the marathon or alter the routes in the event of high winds, accidents, natural disasters, infectious diseases, etc.
3. Checkpoint closure times, first aid stations and water stations will be arranged to ensure the safety of participants
4. Competitors must follow the instructions of judges and other event staff members during the race
- Checkpoint Restrictions
- Checkpoints will be shut down at scheduled times if required due to traffic, security and event operations. Additionally, runners who are particularly far behind will be asked to stop competing, even in places other than checkpoints.
Checkpoint / Location/ Distance / Marathon and half marathon / Wheelchair marathon /If marathon courses are shortened(for wheelchairs)
Starting Line (in front of Shiohama Park) /0.0km / 10:17 / 09:45 / 10:57(10:25)
1. Aqua-Line entrance intersection /8.3km / 11:24 / 10:12
2. Umihotaru Parking Area / 13.9km / 12:09 / 10:30
3. Aqua-Line bridge section / 16.5km / 12:30 / 10:39
4. Aqua-Line exit intersection / 19.1km / 12:51 / 10:47 / 12:06(10:52)
Half-marathon finish line (Ushigome Coast) / 21.0975km / 13:10 / 10:55 / 12:22(11:05)
5. Sodegaura underpass exit / 23.8km / 13:28 / 12:44
6. Sodegaura High School / 25.6km / 13:43 / 12:58
7. Past Tokaichiba intersection / 32.0km / 14:35 / 13:51
8. The intersection past Kimitsu Gakuen / 36.6km / 15:13 / 14:28
9. JA Kisarazu main store / 39.4km / 15:36 / 14:51
Marathon finish line (Former Kisarazu City Hall) / 42.195km / 16:00 / 15:20
Note: Checkpoint locations may be subject to change.
- Aid Stations
- Aid stations will be set up as follows to provide first aid measures in case of injuries, illness or other mishaps.
Aid station / Location / Distance
Start line/ Kisarazu Chamber of Commerce Hall /0.0km
1. Near Iwane Elementary School entrance intersection / 4.1km
2. Aqua-Line entrance / 8.3km
3. Umihotaru Parking Area / 13.8km
4. Aqua-Line exit / 19.2km
5. Mitsui Outlet Park Kisarazu parking lot 11 / 21.0km
6. Sodegaura City Hall / 23.9km
7. Sodegaura High School / 25.6km
8. Sodegaura Social Welfare Center / 27.8km
9. Nakago Post Office / 30.8km
10. Past Tokaichiba Intersection / 32.0km
11. Before Hotaruno Community Hall / 34.7km
12. Kimitsu Gakuen / 36.6km
13. JA Kisarazu main store / 39.4km
Half-marathon finish line aid station and trainers’ booth / Ushigome Coast / 21.0975km
Marathon finish line aid station HQ and trainers’ booth / Former Kisarazu City Hall / 42.195km
1. There will be mobile AED and basic life support teams along the routes, as well as doctors who are runners.
2. Aid station locations may be subject to change.
- COVID-19 Countermeasures
- The event will be held in accordance with the separately stipulated Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022 Outline of Countermeasures against COVID-19.
The COVID-19 pandemic countermeasures—including the decision to allow runners who live in foreign countries to compete—is subject to change based on the status of the pandemic (hereinafter referred to as “COVID-19”), government policies, etc.
- Health Management
- ・Participants must record their health status and temperature daily from Sunday, October 30 to Sunday, November 6, 2022, enter the results in the health check app the organizing committee has designated or on the health check form, and then submit this data at the reception desk in accordance with staff instructions.
・Participants are responsible for managing their own health and undergoing a health checkup beforehand from a physician.
・The organizers bear no responsibility whatsoever other than for first-aid measures in case of injuries, illness or other mishaps.
・The courses feature diverse types of terrain, so please train sufficiently to participate in the race. Particular stamina is needed to handle the hills past the 33 km mark. Please check the course topography chart at the bottom of the course map.
- International Exchange
- This marathon is held in conjunction with a marathon held in Taiwan. We may select a few runners who will have completed the Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022 to be sent to participate in the marathon in Taiwan.
Note: Following the 2018 Marathon, we sent three runners to the Taoyuan Half-marathon, two to the Taipei Marathon, and three to the Kaohsiung International Marathon.
- Handling of Personal Information
- (1)The organizers recognize the importance of safeguarding personal information, comply with the law regarding protection of personal information and related laws, and handle personal information in accordance with their personal information protection guidelines. The personal information provided is used to improve services provided to people entering the marathon, provide information about participation, notify people about their records and relevant information, and provide services from sponsors and cooperating and affiliated organizations.
Additionally, the organizers or contractors of the organizer may contact people to confirm the details of their applications.
(2)Television, newspaper, magazine, Internet and other publication rights and portrait rights pertaining to images, photos, articles and the names, ages, addresses (names of countries, prefectures, and municipalities) and such of marathon entries belong to the organizers.
(3) You must cooperate with the organizer’s COVID-19 countermeasures, including supplying your personal information for transmission to public health centers and medical institutions.
Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022 Foreign Runner Bracket Office
【Chiba Aqualine Marathon Application Terms and Points to Note Regarding Applications(Please make sure to read)】
Participants must agree to the following terms when applying:
(1) International Runner category accepts entries of 300 runners on a first-come-first-served basis. The entry can be made without regard to the place of residence.
For safety purpose of Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022, the requirements for runners may be changed after your entry. You will receive an e-mail notice with the updated requirements around July 15, 2022. If you still fulfill and agree with the requirements,you are allowed to pay the entry fee (credit card only). If you have successfully paid the entry fee, your right to run in Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022 is ensured under the rules and conditions of Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022.
(2) Cancellations or refunds based on personal circumstances are not permitted after payment has been made.
(3) Participation will be revoked in cases of misrepresentation of such things as the participant’s age, gender and/or records or participation by anyone other than the applicants themselves (fraudulent participation).
(4) If the event is canceled due to adverse weather conditions, a natural disaster or other circumstances beyond the organizer’s control, the amount and availability of paid entry fees refunded will be determined based on the expenses incurred up to the decision to cancel, etc.
(5) Excess or duplicate payments will not be refunded.
(6) The organizers will handle all personal information gathered from participants in compliance with the laws protecting personal information.
(7) Please be aware that duplicate applications submitted by the same person for the marathon and half-marathon—as well as for individual and pair or team competition entries—will result in rejection of said applications.
(8) Please notify individual contacts in case of changes to registration content during the signup period.
(9) Applications cannot be canceled during the signup period.
(10) Changes to application and/or registration content, the number of participants in team competition entries or cancellations will not be permitted after the signup period concludes.
The office may contact participants via the email addresses or phone numbers they provided about issues related to application or registration contents.
(11) Please be advised that the organizing committee office is unable to take questions regarding the status of applications or lottery results by phone.
(12) The marathon does not permit runner substitutions or the transfer of rights. You will be disqualified if such conduct is confirmed.
The organizers will provide no compensation or refunds whatsoever in such instances.
(13) The organizers bear no responsibility whatsoever for applications delayed due to faulty Internet connections.
(14) You may be unable to apply due to the device, OS or browser software you use.
(15) The following information are required to provide when applying:
Name, gender, date of birth, nationality, address (mailing address), phone number (daytime contact number), email address, previous participation experience in the application category (event name, record and so on), target time, companion runner if any (and reason you need one if there is one), and emergency contact information (name, relationship, phone numbers)
(1) The organizer assumes no responsibility for any of the following:
1) Illness (including COVID-19 and the like), injury, accident and the like not attributable to the organizer
2) Loss of or damage to goods and the like not attributable to the organizer
3) Late arrival due to public transportation, road conditions, etc.
(2) A baggage storage area will be provided. Bags stored for half-marathon participants will be transported to the half-marathon finish line location at Ushigome Coast and returned there.
(3) Wearing items with or displaying designs, trademarks or such that signify company or product names for the purposes of advertising is not permitted at the marathon venue (including routes).
(4) The organizers may subcontract sales of photos and such to approved organizations.
(5) Participating in the marathon in costumes that endanger health or that the organizers deem the equivalent of such is not permitted.
(6) Receipts will not be issued for entry fees and other payments. Bank transfer slips will serve as substitutes for receipts.
(7) In addition to the preceding, please follow the organizers’ instructions with regard to matters pertaining to the marathon.
(8) Please check the official Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2022 website regularly for the latest information on the race (including COVID-19 countermeasures).