[Cancellation] Overseas Advance 【Limited Entry】 Fukuoka Marathon 2020
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 08 Nov 2020〜08 Nov 2020
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Banner for the event
**"Fukuoka Marathon 2020" has been canceled.**
Entrants of Overseas Advance application(Inbound entry) are able to participate without lottery, however the application is accepted by first come, first served who have completed the application. Please be advised that it is not able to complete the application if it is fully booked.
*Overseas runners who live in Japan are not accepted on this entry website.please apply through the link below;
*Japanese nationality is not accepted on this entry website.Please apply on Japanese website.
* Because it is treated the same and apply outside the country, full marathon entry fee will be 15,000 yen. Full Marathon is only event you can apply from here.
*Non-Japanese living outside of Japan
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date & Time
- November 8, 2020 (Sun) *Races will take place rain or shine.
Wheelchair Race starts - 08:10 a.m.
Full Marathon / Fun Run starts - 08:20 a.m.
Full Marathon Finish - 03:20 p.m.
- Competition rules
- All races are administered in accordance with the 2020 Rules of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and the regulations for this competition.
- Event/Capacity/Time Limited
- 【Full Marathon】
Entrants: 12,000 People
*The above number of people includes local advance applications for residents of Fukuoka City or Itoshima City.
Time Limit: 7 hours
- Participation Fee
- Full Marathon : JPY 15,000
- Those born before April 1st, 2002 (excluding high school students)
i) Registered athletes: Athletes registered with JAAF as of fiscal 2020.
ii) General: Those not registered with JAAF.
Categories i) and ii) are both open to men and women capable of completing the race within 6 hours 45 minutes including athletes from Japan and overseas who have been recommended by Fukuoka Marathon.
*Abour escort runners
1) In the marathon and fun run, those with disabilities (persons who have a certificate of the physically handicapped or nursing notebook) and who have difficulty running alone can have one accompanying runner and a guard runner. (It is not possible to run with a dog.)
2) Participation in wheelchairs is not possible for marathon and fun run.
3) Escort runners for marathon may change at 20 km.
- One-way course
Start: Tenjin area (Tenjin Intersection, Watanabe-dori), Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City
Finish: Itoshima City Koryu Plaza Shima-kan (Former Shima Public Building, Itoshima City Hall)
- Starting blocks
- 1. In order to ensure a safe and smooth start to the marathon, standby blocks will be set according to the estimated time and actual time (in case that estimated time is less than 3 hours).
2. Please declare certain your record and also note that the organizer may refer the records. If there is a defect, the rear block will be assigned.
3. Participants of group entries, the starting position will be assigned by each runner's declared record.
- For traffic, security and competition management, set up the following checkpoints. Even before the cut-off, if the organizer judges that it is not possible to reach by the next gate closing time or it is impossible to continue the competition, the competition Instructs cancellation.
If the competition is cancelled, please board the accommodation bus according to the instructions of the attendant.
①Momochi Central Park/5.3km/9：25AM
②Before Odo Nishi intersection/9.9km/10：09AM
③After Imajuku Station intersection/14.3km/10：52AM
④Ito Campus, Kyushu University/19.8km/11：44AM
⑤Imazu Sports Park/25.0km/12：33PM
⑥Kitazaki Elementary School/29.8km/1：20PM
⑦Showa Bus Nishinoura Depot/32.9km/1：50PM
⑧Before Imuta intersection/ 36.9km/2：28PM
⑨Before Yoshida junction/40.1km/2：59PM
1. Overall: 1st – 8th place for both men and women separately
2. By age group: 1st – 3rd place for both men and women separately (24 years and under, 25 – 29 years (divided into 5-year age groups up until 74 years), 75 years and above)
*There is no award ceremony for 2. Certificates will be sent to winners at a later date.
- Runners check -In
November 6th (Fri) 12:00PM - 08:00PM
November 7th (Sat) 10:00AM - 08:00PM
*It will not be possible to register on the day of the event (November 8th).
Fukuoka city hall west side Fureai park(to be determined)
- Participation prize
- T-shirt(T-shirt size chart)
Size XS S M L XL XXL
Height (approx.) 160cm 165cm 170cm 175cm 180cm 185cm
Chest size (approx.) 84cm 88cm 92cm 96cm 100cm 104cm
（JASPO standards) ※Entrants who fail to specify a T-shirt size in their application will be assigned an S size if female and M size if male.
- Application Notes [Health & Medical Information]
- 【10 Recommendations for the Safety of Citizen Marathon Runners】
●When participating in the event, please exercise due consideration for your training and physical condition, and participate at your own risk.
●The organizer will only provide emergency care for accidents, injuries and illnesses during consultation.
●Marathon is a dangerous sport if you are not prepared. Please prepare carefully at your own risk, referring to the ten safety rules of citizen runners.
1.Get plenty of nourishment and sleep as a matter of routine.
3.Get a medical check-up every year.
4.If you have a lifestyle disease, consult your physician.
5.Train in a well-planned manner.
6.Wear running apparel suitable for the temperature and humidity, and replenish your body's fluids at appropriate intervals.
7.Immediately stop running in the event of discomfort in the chest area, chest pains, cold sweat, dizziness, etc.
8.Promptly attend to any pain or cramp in the feet, legs, knees, back, etc.
9.Have the courage to quit if you are worried about your ability to finish the race or about your physical condition.
10.Learn how to perform CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
- Application Notes [Runner's stop]
- In the event of an emergency during the marathon, such as an accident or fire, emergency vehicles may be given access to anywhere along the course. In such cases, races will be temporarily halted on the instructions of staff.
- Application Notes [Costume]
- 1. Entrants competing in the registered athletes category are not permitted to run in fancy dress.
2. Those competing in events other than those in the registered category are not permitted to wear fancy dress costumes of a kind that are unsuitable for sporting events, such as those that contravene laws or go against public order and standards of decency, or those that compromise the safety or comfort of other runners and spectators. (Please check on the event official website for prohibited cases.)
If any of these are applicable to a participant, the event organizer will not allow the participant to join the race or prevent the participant from continuing the race, even after the start of the event.
3. Except for those displayed by the organizer, it is not possible to acquire or display a design or trademark, which means a company name or product name, for advertisement purposes and participate.
- 1. The organizers are aware of the importance of personal information, and will handle all personal information based on policies on protecting personal information drawn up by the organizers in adherence to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws.
* Your name will be shown on the event program and number card.
* Your information (e.g. name, age, time record, and etc.) will be opened to the public by the internet.
2. The right to likeness and copyrights to content regarding the event such as video footage, photographs, articles, records, location information, any entrants' likeness and details (name, age, location (country, prefecture, or town name) are all attributed to the event organizer (including secondary use). Additionally, with the authorization of the event organizer, some photographs and other material may be used by third parties such as the press, magazine, and network media inside and outside of the country.
- 1. The organizers will provide only first-aid treatment for accidents or injuries during the race and will compensate for them, if any. The organizers are not held liable for any further medical care or compensation.
2. Parking is not available at the venue, so please use public transportation. The organizers will not be responsible for entrants arriving late due to public transport or road traffic conditions on the day of the marathon.
3. The event will be conducted in compliance with all related laws and regulations of Japan.
4. For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.
5. Guidelines are subject to change. Announcements will be posted on the Fukuoka Marathon website.
- Shuttle Bus
- Shuttle buses are available to transport marathon entrants from the finish location to JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station (free of charge), or to Tenjin/Hakata Stations (charged). Also, shuttle buses to transport supporters from around JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station to the finish location are available (free of charge).
Parking is not available at the venue. Please refrain from coming to the venue in a private vehicle or chartered bus.
Further details will be provided on the Marathon website at a later date.
*Paid shuttle bus information will be announced you by e-mail or entry website.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Fukuoka Marathon 2020 Overseas Entry Help Desk|
|Application address||JTB SPORTS STATION|
|Business hours||09:30-17:30 (GMT +9) weekdays ONLY|
【Notes on application】
*Please read the below and apply only after having consented to the terms therein.
1. Where earthquakes, flooding, snow, an accident, an incident or pandemic etc, or any reasons not imputable to the race organizer and the organizer decides to suspend the race, admission fees are not returned.
2. The provision of false information (age, gender, address, etc.), duplicate race entry, or participation in the marathon by a different person to the registered entrant is not permitted. Any applications found to contain false or misleading information after submission will be canceled and no refunds will be made.
Duplicate applications cannot be made for individual, group, and multiple race entries. If one of group participant is disqualified, all of group members will be also disqualified.
3. No event changes or cancellations due to personal circumstances are possible after your application is received.
4. Accidental overpayments, double payments or cancelation cannot be refunded.
5. In cases of application after application period no refund will be offered.
6. The event organizers take no responsibility for any late applications and payment caused by Internet connectivity/device malfunctions etc.
7. The event organizers or entry desk will not accept any contact regarding entry result and/or entry status incruded the past event.
8. Entry results will be notified by e-mail and also updated on My Page.
9. Delivery will not be tracked in the case of failed due to incorrect e-mail addresses provided by applicants.
10. Entrants who is under 20 years old must obtain the permission of their parents or guardians before applying.
11. The organizer will not issue receipts. Please check statement of your credit card or invoice.