[Cancellation] 【Accommodation-only plan】2020 Hakodate Marathon
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 05 Jul 2020〜05 Jul 2020
- Event venue
- Hokkaido Chiyogadai Park Athletic Stadium,Hakodate,Hokkaido
- Event type
- The number of capacity
*If or are displayed, it might be a case of not able to participate to apply your family and friends.
How about travel arrangements for accommodation and transportation?
Travel arrangements, availability from here.
Participation application acceptance period
25 Feb 2020 21:00 ～ 28 Apr 2020 14:00
Preparation for countermeasures against the spread of the new corona virus have been undertaken for 2020 Hakodate Marathon scheduled for July 5th. However, a case of transmission was discovered domestically where the route of infection is unknown, raising concerns for the spread of the disease. The race has been cancelled due to emergency declaration was extended in the whole country and taking into consideration the health and safety of runners, volunteers and roadside supporters.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in the cancellation of the event along with the following measures to be taken regarding the runners scheduled to participate.
As for the procedure of the refund for "Accommodation", it will be announced around Monday, May 11.
↓ About cancellation fee, please refer the URL below. ↓
Registration will be closed on a first-come-first-served basis, so we recommend you the early payment.
For the tournament entry, please go to the following site.
The event information
- Date and time
- Sunday, July 5, 2020
Half Marathon starts at 9:00 a.m.
Full Marathon starts at 9:10 a.m.
- (1) Saturday, July 4
Participation memento pick-up: 1:00 p.m.–8:00p.m.
(in front of the main entrance to Athletic Stadium)
(2) Sunday, July 5
Baggage check-in: 6:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Runners line up: from 8:00 a.m.
Opening ceremony: from 8:45 a.m.
Race start: 9:00 a.m.
Participation memento pick-up: 10:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
(In front of the main entrance of Athletic Stadium)
Issuing runner’s certificate: from 10:10 a.m.
Award ceremony: from 10:40 a.m. (half marathon)
from 12:30 p.m. (full marathon)
Race finish: 2:40 p.m.
- ○Half marathon（21.0975km）
- The course starts and finishes at Chiyogadai Park Athletic Stadium and is certified by Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF), World Athletics (WA) and Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS).
- Race rules
- Based on the 2020 JAAF regulations and the regulations of this race.
- Participants must be males or females aged over 18, as of July 5, 2020.
They must generally be able to run a half marathon within three hours or a full marathon within five and a half hours and pass through the designated checkpoints within the allotted time.
We ask that minors (those under 20) participate with the consent of their guardians.
- Race Procedure
- (1) Starting order
1) The half marathon starts at 9:00 a.m. and the full marathon starts at 9:10 a.m.
2) For both races, the first row consists of invited athletes and runners registered with industrial or student associations. Behind them are JAAF registered runners followed by general runners. General runners have a letter attached to their number cards, based on their race predicted times. The letters (A→B→C→D→E→F→G) correspond to blocks (marked with placards).
*General runners are assigned to block G if they do not indicate their predicted race time on the registration form.
*Please be sure to indicate your predicted race time correctly because it is not possible to change your starting position after the registration.
*Please note that the runners who are late for the starting line-up have to start from block G.
1) Checkpoints will be closed at the following times. Runners arriving after these times are not allowed to continue the race.
1st: 5km (Half, Full) 9:54 a.m.
2nd: 8.3km (Half, Full) 10:19 a.m.
3rd: 13.7km (Full) 11:00 a.m.
4th: 10km (Half), 19.3km (Full) 11:40 a.m.
5th: 15km (Half), 24.3km (Full) 12:18 p.m.
6th: 19.1km (Half), 29.4km (Full) 12:56 p.m.
7th: 33.5km (Full) 1:28 p.m.
8th: 37.3km (Full) 1:58 p.m.
9th: 39.9km (Full) 2:21 p.m.
Finish: 21.0975km (Half), 42.195km (Full) 2:40 p.m.
2) Race officials may instruct any runners behind “DNF Notifiers” to finish the race at locations other than checkpoints (DNF Notifiers are running at a pace that will reach the checkpoint by the designated time).
(3) Other procedures
1) Full marathon runners should keep to the left and half marathon runners should keep to the right on the course in order to alleviate congestion at the junction.
2) Distance indicators are set every 1km.
3) Lap times are measured every 5km.
*Runner’s certificate indicates the gross finish time (gun timing) and lap time. Net finish time (chip timing) is also indicated as an unofficial record.
4) Pacemakers run at the pace of 3.5-hour, 4-hour, 4.5-hour and 5-hour for full
- Maximum capacity
- ○Half marathon: 4,000 runners (first come, first served)
○Full marathon: 4,000 runners (first come, first served)
- Participation fee
- ○Half marathon: 5,000JPY
○Full marathon: 9,000JPY
*The registration fee will not be refunded under any circumstances, including in the event of nonparticipation due to personal reasons or withdrawal after registration.
- Participation Memento, Finisher’s Memento
- (1) Participation Memento: All runners who participate the marathon will receive a memento.
(The memento will be decided in early February. Please check the official website.)
(2) Finisher’s Memento: Runners who complete the race within the allotted time will receive an original finisher's towel. Full marathon runners who complete the race will also receive a finisher’s medal.
- (1) Awards will be presented in front of the main stand in Athletic Stadium to each runner who finishes between first and third places in both marathons in either male or female categories.
(2) Runners who finish in the first, second and third places in each age division of each gender category (aged under 29, 30～34, 35～39, 40～44. 45～49, 50～54, 55～59, 60～64, 65～69, over 70) will be awarded a certificate and a medal at a later date (These will be sent to the runner’s home address). In this case, net finish time (chip time) will be indicated.
(3) The Hakodate Marathon is a partnership race of RUN as ONE - Tokyo Marathon 2021 (semi-elite, domestic).
The top 50 runners who clear the designated time and are a registered with JAAF Hokkaido will be recommended as semi-elite runners for the Tokyo Marathon 2021.
[Full Marathon] Male: within 2 hrs 55 mins, Female: within 3 hrs 40 mins
[Half Marathon] Male: within 1 hrs 21 mins, Female: within 1 hrs 45 mins
(4) Hakodate Marathon is MCC (Marathon Challenge Cup) event.
MCC is the project that supports all runners who will challenge to participate full marathons.
Runners who join MCC events will receive following rewards:
1) The runner who won the 1st place in full marathon with new record will earn a prize (maximum 1 million yen, depending on the record).
Male: 2 hrs 18 mins 27 sec
Female: 2 hrs 46 mins 37 sec
2) Male runners who meet sub-3-hour and female runners who meet sub-3.5-hour will receive “MCC special record certificate”.
3) Runners who complete a full marathon for the first time will receive “MCC special record certificate”
4) Personal Best Record Certificates are issued
*For more detail, check the MCC official web site; https://www.marathon-cc.com
- Number cards
- JTB Sports Station users must issue "Number card voucher" from "My page" at JTB Sports Station website and bring it to the following place, you can pick up your number card there.
Place: The information desk for foreigners in front of the venue
Time : Saturday, July 4th, 2020 13:00～20:00
Sunday, July 5th, 2020 06:30～08:30
*The runner's chip is attached to the number card, so please do not remove it.
- Entry Number
- Select the entry number that is appropriate for you (as of July 5) from the below;
Invited, registered with industrial or student associations
【Full marathon】*Online registration only
Invited, registered with industrial or student associations
- (1) Please do not participate if you have been deemed unfit on a physical exam.
(2) We are unable to accommodate runners who are wheelchair users.
(3) Please use public transportation to come to the stadium. There is no parking space available.
(4) There is a baggage drop area for your belongings at the stadium.
Personal belongings that fit in a designated bag (70cm X 50cm) can be left at the baggage drop area with your number card. Please note that we will not be responsible for your valuables. You can use paid service for bigger baggage (¥500 per baggage).
(5) There are many rest rooms set up in and around the stadium and along the course.
(6) There are 16 aid stations for full marathon (food supply is available at 7 of them) and 8 stations for half marathon (food supply is available at 4 of them) including water supply at starting and finishing points.
(7) Hakodate Marathon Omotenashi Festival will be held near the stadium. Runners are welcome to enjoy free food and beverages after the race.
(8) Please check the website below for race records.
http://www.lap.co.jp (planned to be updated by July 8)
(A hard copy of the record times of all participants will not be published.)
(9) Runners who have become ill or who are injured during the race may be transported to a hospital by ambulance if deemed appropriate by the medical staff or marathon officials. Such individuals will be charged for treatment at the hospital. If you do not have medical insurance, medical fees may be quite expensive. You are recommended to purchase travel accident insurance that will cover medical costs in Japan. Runners who are transported to the hospital and runners who receive an intravenous drip at aid stations will be considered as DNF and will not be allowed to continue the race.
The outfit must be suitable for running. Clothes that cover your face, that are offensive to others, or that pose a risk to others are prohibited. If the outfit is considered to be inappropriate for the event at the discretion of the organizers, the runner may be disqualified prior to or during the race.
- The organizers recognize the importance of personal information, comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws of Japan. Laws regarding the protection of personal information and associated acts of parliament are strictly adhered to. Personal information is handled according to the organizers’ personal information protection policy. Participants’ personal information will be used in the following ways, with the aim of improving service.
1) Sending things like number cards, participation memento coupons, related information, and information about next year’s race.
2) Publishing things like participants’ names and ages in the race program, on the website, in newspapers etc.
3) Providing services from race sponsors, supporters, and related organizations.
4) Announcing record times for the race.
5) Providing names, genders, dates of birth, and race records to the Tokyo Marathon Foundation.
Additionally, participants may be contacted by the marathon office or entry center to confirm details of their registration. If you do not want to provide your personal information to others, please contact the marathon office.
Event secretariat information
【Inquiries about the race (Sorry, in Japanese only)】
The Hakodate Marathon Committee Office
Sports Promotion Section, Hakodate City Board of Education, 4-13 Shinonome-cho, Hakodate City 040-0036
Tel: 0138-21-3576 Fax: 0138-27-7217 (Office Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 Weekdays)
【Inquiries about entries (Sorry, in Japanese only)】
Hakodate Marathon Entry Center
Lap System, 236-1-102, Kochi, Hiratsuka City, Kanagawa 254-0903
Tel: 0463-35-6691 Fax: 0463-35-6640 (Office Hours: 9:00 - 17:00 Weekdays)
《Inquiries about accommodation》
JTB Event Operation Centerin Sapporo coｒporate business division
8F Urban Net Sapporo bldg., 1-2 North1 West6, Chuo-ku, Sapporo City 060-0001
Tel: 011-221-4800 Fax: 011-222-5102 Email: email@example.com
(Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:00 Weekdays)
【Official Website (Sorry, in Japanese only)】
Search for “Hakodate Marathon” or go to https://hakodate-marathon.jp/
*The current updates about the race in 2020 will be uploaded regularly.
We ask those who join the event to accept the following rules before the registration.
1. Participants must make sure that they are not suffering from any cardiovascular diseases or illnesses, be mindful of their health, and undertake adequate training in preparation for the race.
2. Participants must not ask the organizers to assume responsibility, under any circumstances, for any injuries, illnesses, accidents, thefts, or losses that occur during the race.
3. Participants must follow the instructions of the organizers during the race, if the race is suspended at the organizer’s judgement that there are obstacles to continue the race or if runners are temporarily stopped due to traffic conditions. Participants must also follow any other instructions regarding safety management and event administration given by the organizers.
4. Participants must not reject receiving first-aid treatment if they are injured or become unwell during the race. Additionally, participants must not ask organizers to assume responsibility for the method or process of first aid.
5. Participants must consent to the fact that their registration fee will not be refunded, under any circumstances, including in the case of withdrawal or non-participation after registration or cancellation due to earthquake, storms, floods, incidents, accidents or sickness.
6. Participants must not falsely report their age or gender or compete in place of any other participants (illegal appearance). In such cases, the participation will be cancelled.
7. Participants must agree that their personal information (ie: name, age, gender, record time, and images) that are appeared in films, photographs, articles, and records of the race, may be broadcasted, published, or used in newspapers, on television, on the website, or in leaflets. (The organizers have the rights to publish and use of the information.)