Takahashi Naoko Cup / Gifu Half Marathon 2020
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 26 Apr 2020〜26 Apr 2020
- Event venue
- GifuCity Gifu Memorial Center [Event venue information]
- Event type
- The number of capacity
*If or are displayed, it might be a case of not able to participate to apply your family and friends.
Participation application acceptance period
24 Oct 2019 12:00 ～ 30 Nov 2019 12:00
Application period is extended until November 30th!!
This event is first come, first served basis.
Half marathon: Saturday, November 30, 2019 12:00 p.m.
※ ELIGIBILITY ※
This page is intended to be used by foreign entrants who live overseas and within Japan and Japanese who live overseas.
※ HOW WE CONTACT YOU ※
We contact overseas runners by "e-mail" only.
No documents will be sent to runners by postal.
Please check your email frequently to make sure you are receiving updates by us.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- April 26, 2020(Sunday)
9:00 Starting time of half marathon for Wave-1
9:10 Starting time of half marathon for Wave-2
12:05 Cut-off time of half marathon）
- Marathon Course
- 1) Half marathon:
(Start)Gifu Memorial Center Nagaragawa Stadium
>> Kinka-bashi Street >> Gifu Station >> Kinka-bashi Street >> Kawaramachi area >> Left bank road of Nagara River >> Chidori bridge >> Left bank road of Nagara River >> Nagara-gawa Promenade >> North side entrance of Kinka bridge >>
(Finish)Gifu Memorial Center Nagaragawa Stadium
* The courses are authorized by the IAAF(International Association of Athletics Federation), the AIMS(Association of International Marthons and Distance Races) and the JAAF (Japan Association of Athletics Federation), and are under the supervision of marathon runner, Ms. Naoko Takahashi.
- Competition Rules
- The race will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federations) and the JAAF (Japan Association of Athletics Federations), and the race organizer.
This race has received IAAF Road-Race Label designation, and IAAF Label Road Race Regulations will apply to this race as well as IAAF Advertising Regulations. Testing for doping will be carried out in accordance with IAAF regulations.
- Time Limit
- Half marathon: 3 hours and 5 minutes
*1 The running time limits will be based on the first starting-gun time.
*2 For reasons of traffic control, security, and event operation, the cut-off time will be enforced. Even if it is before the cut-off time, runners will be asked to leave the race when they are largely left behind the latest group.
- Half marathon
First Division: For entrants registered with the JAAF,
Second Division: For general participants
Runners must be 18 years old or older on the day of the race.
It is expected that all runners be able to finish the half marathon within 2 hours and 50 minutes.
*In the case of runners who are registered with the JAAF and participate in the 2nd division race, their running time will not be officiated.
- Entry Fee
- Half : 8,500 yen
- How to apply
- 1) How to apply:
Internet (Registrations are accepted in the order of the application dates.)
2) Application Period: Commences 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 24, 2019
* Closing date for applications:
Half marathon (Wednesday) November 13, 2019 12:00
3) Cessation of registration acceptance: Internet: Registrations are accepted in the order of the application dates.
Applications will stop being accepted when the maximum number of entrants has been reached.
- Receipt of Running Number Cards
- Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Deai Dome
- 1)The organizers acknowledge the importance of personal information and will comply with Japanese laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information to handle personal information.This information will be used for the examination for the race, composition and making of a program, recording and release of the results, management of the official website and the event, race and necessary contacts. In addition, The information will be published on the media such as TV, radio, newspaper, magazine and internet.
2)This race will be broadcast on TV and the Internet.
3) The movie, picture, article, personal information related to the race will be posted on the advertisement such as race programs and posters, and media such as TV, radio, newspaper, magazine, and the Internet for the purpose of the management and promotion by event organizers or the third party that they approved.
- Medical matters
- ●Doping Control
Doping control will be conducted under either IAAF Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations or the Japan Anti-Doping Code. The organizer will collect either a blood sample, urine sample or both, in order to conduct a doping test before or after the race. Runners eligible for testing must undergo this test according to the instructions and procedures explained to them by their Doping Control Officer (DCO). This applies also to runners who are not registered with the JAAF. If runners are selected for a doping test, they are required to provide an identification card with a photo. Please bring any of the following suitable forms of identification with you on the race day: a student ID card, a company ID card, a driver’s license or a photocopy of your passport. Your identification card should have a clear headshot photograph.
Runners who have to take prohibited substances or methods described on the International Standards Prohibited List for medical reasons must apply for a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption). For further information, visit the JAAF website (http://www.jaaf.or.jp/medical/index.html), or the Japan Anti-Doping Agency website (http://www.playtruejapan.org/).
- 1) In case of cancellation by the reasons not attributable to the organizers, entrée fees and other charges will not be refunded.
2) The medical check will not be carried out by the event organizers. Runners are responsible to make every effort to ensure their physical condition before participating.
3) In case of illness or accident, the organizer will apply a first aid treatment on the runner, but will not take any responsibility after that.
4) The race will be conducted in accordance with every related domestic law.
5) The goal of the event is to contribute to a better society through sport, and all the people concerned the event including volunteers and event organizers will join the charity.
6) Related events will be held at the Gifu Memorial Center Grass Square, and the San-san Deck on April 25 and 26.
-April 25, 2020-
Running Meeting with Ms. Naoko Takahashi & Live Event(12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
*Running with Ms. Naoko Takahashi and guests, interviews and talk show, etc.
-April 26, 2020-
Farewell Talk & Live Event(12:20 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
Charity auction(1:30 p.m.～)
-April 25 and 26, 2020-
Marathon EXPO – Rakuichi-Rakuza
Participants can enjoy events, exhibitions and booths introducing the food, tourist attractions and traditions of Gifu prefecture.
- Size chart of the commemorative T-shirt [Unisex(for adults)]
- ※Please use this as a rough guide.
Height[in cm] 160cm[157～162]
Weight[in kg] 53kg[50～56]
Chest measurement[in cm] 84cm[82～86]
Weight[in kg] 59kg[56～62]
Chest measurement[in cm] 88cm[86～90]
Height[in cm] 170cm[167～172]
Weight[in kg] 65kg[62～68]
Chest measurement[in cm] 92cm[90～94]
Height[in cm] 175cm[172～177]
Weight[in kg] 71.5kg[68～75]
Chest measurement[in cm] 96cm[94～98]
Height[in cm] 180cm[177～182]
Chest measurement[in cm] 100cm[98～102]
Event secretariat information
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F, MPR Honmachi Bldg., 3-1-8, Minami-Kyuhoji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan|
|Business hours||Office Hours 9:30-17:30 weekdays only|
JTB Sports Station
9F, MPR Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 28th to Jan. 3th)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
1. Once you have submitted your entry form, it is considered that you have read, understood and accepted the race outline and all of the rules and regulations. Any cancellations and changes of division after entry due to personal circumstances will not be accepted for any reason. No refunds of payments will be given.
2. Each applicant is allowed only a single entry for one of the three divisions, and changing the race entered will not be possible after acceptance of the application. Applicants making a false claim, such as with regards to age or gender, or acting on behalf of another applicant running in the race, will be immediately disqualified. If you or another member of the organization you represent is discovered to have intentionally made a falsehood in your registration, your entry will immediately be cancelled for this year’s race, and you may not be allowed to race in any events held in the future.
3. Transfer of rights to participate in the race is strictly prohibited. If the organizer discovers a misconduct of these acts, your entry will be immediately forfeit and the organizer will not be held liable for any damages incurred.
4. Runners who are registered with the JAAF and participate in the second division (half marathon for general participants), will not receive officiated running times.
5. Applicants who are members of JAAF are requested to state which body they belong to in their application.
6.Minors (under the age of 20) must have the written consent of a guardian to enter the race.
7. Special number cards will be provided for the exclusive use of escort runners accompanying the visually-impaired. Please inform the administration office at the time of application if you are intending to be an escort or to be escorted.
8. Detailed race information will be sent to accepted applicants in the middle of April. Other miscellaneous items, such as the runner’s number card, will be handed out at the time of your entry. Runners should attach their number card to their chests. Those who are registered with JAAF, and heart support runners are requested to attach their number cards to both their chest and back.
9. Streets and roads in the vicinity of the race venue will be very crowded on the day of the race, so it is highly recommended that people use public transportation or shuttle buses. A space in the parking lot will be given only to those who reserved such at the time of entry.
10. Race organizers are not responsible for lateness due to delays of public transportation or traffic conditions.
Please make sure you train well for the marathon and participants are required to monitor their health condition and receive a physical check-up prior to the race. In the case that you feel any abnormal physical conditions, make sure to consult a doctor before entry.
12. As for injuries, illnesses, loss or accidents that occur during the race, first-aid will be given by the organizer. However, the race organizer will not be held responsible afterwards unless the accident resulted from an intentional act or is determined to have been caused by the gross negligence of the event organizer.
13. The organizer will carry accident insurance, which will cover the following; 2 million yen will be paid out for injuries or residual disability incurred during the race; 1,500 yen per day will be paid out to those who are hospitalized; 1,000 yen per day will be paid out to those who visit hospital as an out-patient.
14. Personal belongings can be kept at a designated area, but the race organizer will not be held liable for stolen or missing belongings in case of theft.
15. For reasons of safety, the starting order is based on the time specified in the application at the time of registration. In order to ensure the safe administration of the races, no false declarations will be tolerated. In accordance with the instructions of the race officials, runners must start running from their designated block. Those who arrive late at the starting point must start from the last available block. To ensure the safety of runners and the race schedule, interruptions will not be allowed.
16. In the case of an emergency, such as accidents or fire, emergency vehicles must be allowed to pass ahead of runners. Please follow the instructions of the police, ambulance, fire fighters, or race officials.
17. Banners or placards with claims, declarations or advertisements are prohibited. Regarding costumes, runners should abide by the rules laid out by the event organizer. Any conduct in violation of the official rules and instructions may lead to disqualification and a forfeit of the entry fee.
18. For runners who are registered with JAAF and desire to receive an official certificate of their running time, a certificate will be issued for a fee of 500 yen per certificate. Please apply on the day of the race. The certificate will be sent to the runner at a later time.
19. Please carry home all personal trash.
20. No refund of a payment will be given in the case of a scaling-down or cancellation of the race, caused by an earthquake, storm with wind and flood damage, snow, fire, a disturbance or an accident, or illness.
21. No refund of a payment will be given in the case of a cancellation of the race due to an event that happened beyond the reasonable control of the organizer.
22. Chunichi Shimbun reserves the right to use information provided by entrants for its news reports relating to the marathon.
23. The publicity rights and portrait rights to post videos, photographs, articles, or recordings and other information related to the race including applicants’ names, ages and addresses (country, prefecture, or city) to all TV, newspaper, magazine, or the Internet, shall belong to the organizer.
24. In general, photographs taken during the event can be sold (not only by the organizer but also by subcontractors).
25. The organizer will observe the laws concerning the Protection of Personal Information Act and will deal responsibly with all information concerning participants.
26. The race will be held in accordance with all stated rules, regulations and agreed on items.
Regarding personal information:
The organizer recognizes the importance of personal information, and will therefore observe the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws dealing with personal data. In order to improve service to participants, personal data will be used by the organizer or its subcontractors for the following: invitations to participate, notification of running-time records, invitations to participate in future events, announcement of running-time records and place rankings, and notifications from related organizations regarding future events. The organizer or its subcontractors may contact participants to confirm their application for entry into the race.