WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON 2020
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 23 Feb 2020〜23 Feb 2020
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
*If or are displayed, it might be a case of not able to participate to apply your family and friends.
Participation application acceptance period
23 Jul 2019 10:00 ～ 19 Feb 2020 16:30
Banner for the event
【Announcement of “WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON 2020” cancellation】
Thank you for your registration “WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON 2020”.
Although HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON Executive committee discussed carefully due to new reports of the New Corona virus in Japan today, but we has decided to cancel this event.
Then we will contact you regarding future correspond.
HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON Executive committee
Entries for WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON 2020 in English or Chinese(traditional) is exclusive only for "Those residing outside Japan" or "Foreign nationals residing in Japan having difficulty applying in Japanese language environment". Any entries by Japanese nationals residing in Japan through JTB Sports Station are NOT valid and entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE on this occasion. Entries by Japanese nationals residing in Japan must be through WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON Japanese-language entry site (RUNNET).
1 How to apply
Please apply online at the JTB Sports Station.
From 10:00 a.m. July 23 (Tuesday) to 5:00 p.m. Sep 24, 2019 (Tuesday) (*Japan Standard Time)
First-come, first-served basis
3 Entry fee payment
After completing your application at the JTB Sports Station site, you must confirm that entry fee payment has been completed according to the instructions.
Even if you have completed your application, if payment of the entry fee is not received by the designated due date, your participation will not be confirmed and your application will be invalidated.
4 Determining who will participate
Entry will be confirmed upon completion of payment of the entry fee.
Please note that entry applications will be closed when the maximum allowable number of entrants is reached.
Disabled applicants (holders of disability cards) should complete the required parts of the application.
【NOTE】Application though JTB Station
Please read and confirm the following terms and conditions before entry.
For Japanese nationals residing in Japan.
For foreign nationals or Japanese nationals NOT residing in Japan.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Dade & Times
- Sunday February 23, 2020
The event starts at 9:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. Marathon ends (JST)
- HIMEJI CITY, HYOGO ATHLETICS ASSOCIATION
- Full Marathon (42.195km)
- 300 people
- Entry Fee
- Entry fee 13,000 JPY
Transaction charge 500 JPY
Total 13,500 JPY / person
- Eligibility Requirements
- Runner was born on before 1 April 2001
Those residing outside Japan or foreign nationals residing in Japan having difficulty applying in Japanese language environment.
* Persons, including those athletes from Japan and overseas nominated by this event, capable of completing the course within 5 hours 50 minuites.
* Persons with disabilities (persons with documentation certifying their disability) who would have difficulty running alone may run with one escort.
(A change of escort partway through the event will not be permitted. Moreover, participants may not run with guide dogs).
* As the course includes narrow passage and places with changes in level, participation in a wheelchair is not possible.
- Time limit
- 6 hours
* The time limit will be based on the starter gun
- The course starts at Otemae Street and finishes in Himeji Castle Sannomaru Square (course recognized by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations)
- Competition Rules
- The race will be conducted in accordance with the 2019 rules and regulations of the JAAF and of this competition.
- Runner Check-In
- 10:00 am - 8:00 pm (JST) Saturday February 22, 2020
@ Egret Himeji (68-290 Honmachi, Himeji city)
* Bib voucher and runner's guide will be uploaded on My page of JTB Sports Station website before about 2 weeks on the event day.
* Runners must check-in ONLY on February 22. Note that check-in is NOT available on the day of the event.
* At the time of check-in, government-issued picture ID (e.g. passport or diver's license) is required, and no proxy is permitted.
* The runner should come to the reception desk.
* Escorts do not need to accompany participants at the time of registration.
- Cutoff Times at Each Checkpoint (CP)
- * For smooth circulation of general traffic and event management purposes, containment barriers will be set up partway through the course (as laid out below), and closing times will be determined. Participants cannot continue in the race after the barriers have been closed. Furthermore, the race will be terminated if participants have fallen a long way behind, even if they are not at a containment barrier.
Check Point / Distance / Cut-off Time
1. Yokozeki Park / 6.9km / 10：08
2. OkishioMinami community plant center / 9.7km/ 10:31
3. kochi primary school / 15.8km / 11：23
4. Hitsukura Shrine / 21.0km / 12：06
5. Yokozeki park / 26.8km / 12：54
6. Kawanishi-dai daiichi park / 29.8km / 13：19
7. Yumesakidai dainana park / 35.6km / 14：07
8. Yasumuro primary school / 38.2km / 14：29
9. Tsujii junction / 39.6km / 14：40
Finish Himeji castle / 42.195km / 15：00 (GMT +9)
- Starting lineup
- Blocks in the starting lineup will be assigned based on the time reported when applying, irrespective of stats of registration (where no time has been reported, participants will be assigned to the last block).
*Please be standing by after the lineup starts.
- 1) Overall: 1st – 8th places for men and women
2) Age groups: 1st – 3rd places for men and women
(29 years and under, 30 – 39 years, 40 – 49 years, 50 – 59 years, 60 – 69 years, 70 years and over)
* Prizes will be awarded on the basis of gross time.
* Recipients of 1) overall prizes will be excluded from 2) prizes for each age group.
* There will be no prize giving ceremony held for recipients of 2) prizes for each age group. Certificates will be sent at a later date.
- About stopping runners
- In case of an emergency such as accident or fire occurring during the event, emergency vehicles may travel along the course. In such an instance, runners will be required to stop running following directions by staff.
- Complete certificate
- The organizer will issue completion certificate on the day.
*Only those who completed the run within the time limit
- Finisher's Award
- Finisher's medals and towels are given to all participants who completed the race
A commemorative gift as a lifetime runner will be given to finishers over 70 years old.
- Personal Information
- The organizers acknowledge the importance of personal information and will comply with Japanese laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information, General Date Protection Regulation; GDPR and will handle personal information based on the organizers’ personal information protection policy.
This information will be used for such purposes as drawings, entry information, notices of records achieved, notification of related information, provision of services from Kobe Marathon sponsors, supporters, co-organizers and related organizations, first-aid treatment and coordination with medical institutions and for the announcement of records (including rankings) with the aim of improving service to entrants in this event.
*Note that the organizers or WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON Runner Call Center may use your personal information to contact you and confirm information related to your application.
- 1) Please make every effort to ensure your physical condition before participating, e.g. by carrying out thorough training and undergoing a medical check.
2) The area around Himeji Castle, Otemae Street, and the area around Himeji Station North Square are zones in which smoking is forbidden on the street, and in which beautification activities have been intensified. Smoking on the street within this area (except in places where ashtrays have been provided) will incur a penalty of ￥1,000. Furthermore, throwing away empty cans or other garbage on the street may incur a fine of up to ￥20,000.
3) Sakuramonbashi and Otemon form part of the course, so no-one except runners and event personnel can pass through this route.
4) Unused clothing etc. created at the event may be sending to disaster stricken areas and welfare facilities in and outside Japan.
5)This event strictly obeys all relevant national laws, and is carried out in accordance not only with the terms of the application agreement, but also with the terms of the event.
- Commemorative Gifts (T-shirt)
- XS (height 157-163cm chest 81-87cm waist 67-73cm)
S (height 162-168cm chest 85-91cm waist 71-77cm)
M (height 167-173cm chest 89-95cm waist 75-81cm)
L(height 172-178cm chest 93-99cm waist 79-85cm)
XL (height 177-183cm chest 97-103cm waist 83-89cm)
Changing size is not accepted.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||World Heritage Himeji Castle Marathon|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,Chuo-ku, Osaka,Japan|
|Business hours||9:30 - 17:30 (Office Closed: Weekends and National Holidays)|
World Heritage Himeji Castle Marathon Executive Committee Secretariat
JTB Sports Station
9F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,541-0058,Japan
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Weekends and National Holidays
1) Minors (under 20) must obtain guardian's permission to apply. to participate.
2) Runners who apply through the Japanese entry website and JTB Sports Station at the same time, apply for more than one event on the Japanese entry website, or declare false statements will be disqualified at the selection process.
3) Any inquiry concerning the application cannot be accepted.
4）The organizer shall not be responsible for late applications due to problems with Internet devices or connections.
Application may not be possible via certain devices, operating systems, or browser software.
5) Once application accepted, any changes cannot be accepted, and participation fee is non-refundable.
6) Even in case of excessive or multiple remittance, the organizer will not refund it.
7) The organizers will not be able to confirm for delivery failure of the mails containing the selection results and other information due to problems with the mail address supplied at the time of registration. Moreover, mails may be rejected or diverted to the spam folder according to applicant's mailbox settings or security software settings, but the organizers shall not be responsible for any losses which may be incurred in such cases.
8）Only the person whose name on the application can participate in the race. No proxy is allowed.
Proxy caught on joininng the event will be disquialified and participation fee is non-refundable.
Besides, those disqualified applicants and proxies will be kept out of the future events.
9 ）In case of cancellation or scaling down due to earthquake, wind or flood damage, stormy weather, snowfall, incidents, accidents, epidemic disease, terrorism, bomb scare or any other reasons not attributable to the organizers, entrée fees and other charges will not be refunded.
10）The organizers will not be responsible for entrants arriving late due to public transport or road traffic conditions on the day of the marathon.
11）Clothes which covers runner's face or numbercard or may endanger or discomfort to others are prohibited.
12) Clothes with designs or trademarks which reminds people of the specific company or products for the purpose of advertising cannot be worn at this event.
13) In case of illness or accident, the organizer will apply nothing but a first aid on the runner, and will not take any responsibility for it.
14) Participant's personal data such as name, age, gender, place of residence (not more than the name of country, prefecture, state, ward, city, town), record, and image may be broadcasted or publishded, and all rights for aforesaid are reserved by the organizer.
15) Photos taken during the race will be sold by the authority of the organizer.
16）Please make sure to follow the instruction of the organizers regarding to the event.
Even if you do not obey the instruction of the organizers regarding to the event and do wrong, the organizers judge you with disqualification. the organizers do not refund a participation fee. You will be kept out of the future events.