Kyoto Marathon 2020
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 16 Feb 2020〜16 Feb 2020
- Event venue
- Kyoto City
- Event type
- The number of capacity
we will inform you that the number of limited entries for the Kyoto Marathon 2020 has reached the capacity on September 11 (Wed).
Thank you very much for your application
Kyotomarathon【Countdown campaign with everyone on Instagram】
Official HP of Kyoto Marathon 2020, which will be released soon, will hold the campaign to post pictures uploaded by people on Instagram. The procedure is quite easy: You just need to upload a picture with the hashtag [#みんなで京都マラソン], that means "Kyotomarathon together" !
Let’s post pictures of your training, favorite items or photos related to running to put enthusiasm into the event with everyone!
【How to post】
1. Register the membership of Instagram
2. Upload pictures related to running with hashtag [#みんなで京都マラソン].
*Please note that the period of pictures being uploaded is up to the event organizer and cannot be requested.
*If the hashtag is not correct or mistyped, the picture will not be posted.
Please read through and agree to the application guidelines before you apply for the campaign.
#Kyoto Marathon 2020
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date & Times
- Sunday, February 16, 2020 (rain or shine)
9:00 am Marathon starts
3:00 pm Marathon ends
- Runner Check-In
- February 14, 2020（Friday） 11:30 am - 8:00 pm (last entry)
February 15, 2020（Saturday）10:30 am - 7:00 pm (last entry)
Place: Miyako-Messe (Kyoto International Exhibition Hall)
9-1, Okazaki Seishoji-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City
11 minutes walk from Higashiyama Station on the Kyoto Municipal Subway Tozai Line
※Each runner must show up in person for check-in during the two days prior to the day of the event to receive a race bib, etc. Please note that no check-ins will be accepted on the day of the event or at any time other than the periods specified above.
※A form of ID for identity verification (original) is required to receive a race bib. Runners must register in person (no proxies allowed).
※Any participant with a disability who intends to run with an escort runner is required to bring an official document certifying their physical disability and must be accompanied by the escort runner when checking in.
- Events / Participant Limit / Time Limit / Entry Fee
Participant Limit: 2,400 participants
※first-come, first-served entries
・Time limit: 6 hours (Start time is based on signal gun time)
・Entry Fee: JPY17,000 （Entry via Japanese website: JPY15,000）
- The race course will start at TAKEBISHI Stadium Kyoto and finish in front of Heian-jingu Shrine (course is certified by JAAF, IAAF, and AIMS)
Please note that the course includes unpaved riverside paths which may be difficult to run on in rainy weather.
- Closing Times at Each Closing point (CP)
- 8 Checkpoints will be set for the purpose of security of traffic and smooth progress of the event.
Runners who fail to pass the checkpoint are not allowed to continue the race.
Also, besides the checkpoints, they are not allowed to continue the race if they apparently dropped behind from the running group.
*The number of checkpoints is subject to change.
- Competition Rules
- The race will be conducted in accordance with the 2019 rules and regulations of the JAAF and of this competition.
- Participants must:
1) have been born before April 1, 2001
2) Be able to complete the race within 6 hours. (Participation in wheelchairs is not permitted.)
Any disabled runner who finds it difficult to run alone may have an escort runner (guide dogs are not allowed).
- 1) Men and women: First 20 runners (each category)
2) Men and women by age group (5-year increments): First 3 runners (each group)men's and women's
3) Men and women by Miyako top 8: First 8 runners of Kyoto citizen
*There will be no ceremony for runners ranked after 9 of category 1), and all runners of category 2) and 3). The certificate will be sent to them at a later date.
- 1. The runner’s information service “Ouen navi” will be available, which is useful for checking a race record and support for runners.
2. Runners who finish the course will receive their race completion certificates issued on the day of the event as an interim confirmation of course completion
3. At a later date, via our website, certificates of record will be issued to JAAF-registered athletes, and fighting-spirit certificates, which indicate times up to the point of withdrawal, to participants who have not completed the race*
*Those who have run 5 km or more are eligible.
- Donations to the Assistance Program from the Great East Japan Earthquake
- Applicants will have a choice to offer a voluntary donation (in 500 yen increments) upon the registration. The donation amounts entered on application forms cannot be changed.
- Race Bibs with Nicknames
- 1) Each runner’s name or nickname (up to five 2 byte characters*) may be printed on a race bib for a fee of 500 yen. Applications for printing of any designations other than names or nicknames (e.g., company or commercial product names) will not be accepted.
2) To help runners receive more cheers, it is possible to print a runner's name or nickname in Japanese katakana characters upon request (please note that katakana conversion will be left up to the organizers and that changes and other requests may not be accepted.)
- Original My Cup
- Promote the reduction of paper cups by using the Kyoto Marathon 2020 Original My Cup as one of the “DO YOU KYOTO? Marathon” activities.
If you agree with our environmentally friendly activities, please enter the required number at the time of entry.
In addition, the sales of the original My Cup will be used for various environmental-friendly activities of the main concept "DO YOU KYOTO? Marathon".
*You can not cancel after apply.
*The capacity is scheduled for about 150ml.
- Lining Up at the Start
- 1. For smooth and safe start, regardless of JAAF registered, individual or group, starting block will be assigned to runners according to the submitted time. Those who didn’t submit the time will start from the latest block.
[The priority of starting block]
(1) Runners who submitted their personal best in 3 years (The starting block will be assigned according to their records)
(2) Runners who submitted estimated time (The starting block will be assigned after the blocks for (1) is determined)
(3) Runners without any record
2. Before the race starts, all participants are requested to observe a moment of silence to pray that the souls of the many victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake rest in peace.
3. As a protective measure against cold weather before the signal gun goes off, a runners may wear a sweater, jacket or any other garment that they will no longer need. These items of clothing will be collected and reused/recycled.
- Health Management
- In the event of an accident occurring during the race, the organizers will take emergency measures and compensate for damages under the coverage of the organizers’ insurance.
However, the organizers assume no responsibility for any damages that may be incurred thereafter.
Participants are requested to take responsibility for managing their own health and refrain from participating if they are not in good health, it is recommended that participants check their condition beforehand by having a medical checkup.
- Possible Interruptions
- Should any emergency, such as an accident or fire, occur during the race, emergency vehicles may pass through on the course.
In such cases, runners are asked to follow instructions from event staff and may be requested to stop temporarily.
- Costumes Prohibited
- 1. Because the Kyoto Marathon course includes narrow stretches, running in costumes is prohibited in order to ensure safe negotiation of the course by the runners.
2. Runners will not be permitted to wear and/or display any designs, trademarks, etc. that indicate the names of companies or products for advertising purposes at any event venue (including on the course).
- Portrait Rights
- The organizers will retain the rights to broadcast, publish, and post images/photos and video of and articles about the race, the names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture or city/town), and finishing times of applicants, etc. via TV programs, newspapers, magazines, websites, and other media.
The organizers may use third parties to sell photos and other goods related to the event as deemed appropriate.
- The organizers fully recognize the importance of personal information, comply with General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR), the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws of Japan, and handle such information in accordance with the organizers’ policy to protect personal information.
In order to offer better services to the participants, the organizers will use such personal information for the purposes of sending participation guidelines, giving notification of time records and related information, providing services by co-sponsoring, cooperating, and supporting organizations and other related organizations, and announcing race records (rankings, etc.).
1. Runners' personal information, including name, age demographic, affiliation, and time records, will be published online.
2. The organizers or Kyoto Marathon Entry Center may contact applicants to confirm application details.
- In addition to the above, participants are requested to follow the organizers’ instructions on any and all matters concerning the event.
- Commemorative Gifts
- ◎For every participant: Kyoto Marathon 2020 original Multi-way cover
This item can be used in several ways; for example, as a headband or as a neck warmer.
◎ For finishers: Finisher’s towel and medal
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Kyoto Marathon 2020 Entry Desk|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F MPR Honmachi Bldg 3-1-8, Minamikyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,|
|Business hours||Office hours 9：30～17：30|
【Inquiry about the entry】
『Kyoto Marathon 2020 Entry Desk』
9F MPR Honmachi Bldg 3-1-8, Minamikyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3th)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
【Inquiry about the event】
『Kyoto Marathon event headquarters』
Kyoto City Civic Affairs Bureau Sports Promotion Office, 8F Chushin-Oike Bldg 500-1,Honnoji-mae cho,Oike-shita,teramachi-dori, nakagyou-ku, Kyoto Ciry
Office hours: 8:45 AM～5:30 PM on Weekdays
1）Multiple applications by the same person will not be possible.
2）Please note that the only one application is accepted for one person. Duplicate entry will be disqualified and no entry fee will be refunded.
3）The JAAF registration status of athletes will be verified during the application process. Athletes are advised to check their status and enter accurate registration data in their applications.
4）Once an application has been accepted, the contents of the application cannot be changed, the application cannot be cancelled, and entry fees will not be refunded.
5）False statements of age, sex, time records, etc. are strictly prohibited. Proxies and/or assignments of rights are also not permitted. Should any such acts be discovered, the entry/award in question will be cancelled, entry fees and charges will not be refunded, and future applications for the Kyoto Marathon will not be accepted.
6）In the case of the event’s cancellation or scaling down due to earthquake, wind and flood damage, snowfall, submersion of the riverbank, incidents, accidents, epidemic disease, or any other reasons not attributable to the organizers, entry fees and other charges will not be refunded.
7）The organizers assume no responsibility for applications that are delayed due to poor conditions of internet connections.(Online applications may not be successfully processed depending on device, operating system, browser software, etc. used by the applicant.)
8）Neither the Entry Center nor the event secretariat will respond to inquiries by phone about the number of applications accepted.
9）Delivery will not be tracked in the case of failed due to incorrect e-mail addresses provided by applicants.
10）Any overpaid/double-paid fees will not be refunded.
11）No receipt for the entry fee will be issued. For credit card transactions, the card issuer's statement/bill may be used as a certificate of payment.
12）Kyoto Marathon 2020 will be held in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in Japan.
13) We will provide anonymous information regarding symptoms and other conditions of rescued people on the day of the event to the research organizations in order to help future medical relief system.
14) In addition to other agreements above, please make sure to follow the instruction of event organizer about the race.
◆Please make sure to read through the guideline on the official HP.