[Cancellation] Kagoshima Marathon 2020
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 01 Mar 2020〜01 Mar 2020
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Application period extend until October 20th!!
This entry page is exclusive only for runners residing outside Japan.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date and Time
- Sunday, March 1, 2020 *Races will take place rain or shine.
8:30 am Marathon / Fun Run starts
10:15 am Fun run finishes
3:30 pm Marathon finishes
- Runner check-in
- Friday, February 28 1:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 29 10:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Check-in Venue
- Central Public Hall (5-9 Yamashita-cho, Kagoshima-city)
- All races are administered in accordance with the 2019 Rules of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and the regulations for this competition.
Start at Dolphin Port, return at Aira-city Shigetomi, and finish at Kagoshima city hall.
*Course is officially accepted by JAAF
Start at Dolphin Port and finish at Yamakataya Dept. Store
- Capacity/ Time limit / Fee
- [Marathon (42.195 km )]
10,000 people/ 7 hours / 10,000 JPY
[Fun run (8.9 km)]
2,500 people / 1 hour and 45 minutes / 3,000 JPY
- T-shirt size
- Size Height(approx.) Chest size(approx.)
SS 160cm 84cm
S 165cm 88cm
M 170cm 92cm
L 175cm 96cm
O 180cm 100cm
XO 185cm 104cm
* If you don't choose the T-shirt size, it will be M size for a man, S size for a woman.
* The change of T-shirt size cannot be accepted after the entry.
* Besides T-shirt, participants who entered the race will receive a towel. Finishers will receive a finishers' medal as well. (For full marathon runners)
Those who are 18 years of age and above on the day of the marathon (excluding high school students)
(1) General section: Those not registered with JAAF
(2) Registered section: Athletes registered with JAAF
*The marathon is open to those capable of completing the race within 6 hours and 40 minutes.
Those of junior high school age and above
Participation in wheelchairs is not permitted for both races.
Any visually disabled runner (with an official document certifying their physical disability) who finds it difficult to run alone may have an escort runner (guide dogs or wheelchairs are not allowed) and a guard runner.
- Checkpoint / Distance/Time
- During the race, if a contestant's progress is extremely delayed, race officials may disqualify him/her from the race in terms of the traffic control, security, and event operations.
1st Kamoike Athletic Stadium/4.5km/9:33
2nd Bronze statue of Takamori Saigo/9.4km/10:15
3rd Shimizu Elementary School East/11.4km/10:34
4th Ryugamizu Station( first half)/17.3km/11:30
5th Shigetomi (Ahead the return off point)/26.1km/12:53
6th Shirahama Shrine/29.1km/13:22
7th Ryuugamizu Station (Return Path)/33.9km/14:08
9th Nagata Junior High School/41.7km/15:22
1st Kamoike Athletic Stadium/4.5km/9:33
- 1. Marathon (overall): 1st – 8th place for both men and women separately
2. Marathon (by age group): 1st – 3rd place for both men and women separately
(24 years and under, 25 – 29 years divided into 5-year age groups up until 74 years, 75 years and above)
*The award ceremony for (2) will not be held and a certificate will be sent at a later date.
*Some extra awards will also be prepared.
- Start Line
In order to ensure a safe and smooth start to the marathon, standby blocks will be set according to the times athletes declare when registering irrespective of whether they are registered with JAAF.
*Those who do not declare a time will start from the blocks at the rear of the line.
*Make sure to declare a time according to your actual running skill.
Fun Run will start following Marathon.
*There will be no signal gun and measuring record for Fun Run.
- The organizer recognizes the importance of personal information and treats them by complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations as well as based on its personal information protection policy.
The personal information will, for the purpose of improving the service for the participants in the competition, be used for the guidance of the competition, notification of records and information related to the competition, provision of services from the sponsoing, partnering or related organizations of the competition, announcement of the record (including ranking etc.), questionnaire, etc.
* There are cases where participants are contacted by the organizer or Kagoshima Marathon Entry Center with regards to the contents of their application.
- Entrants competing in the registered athletes category are not permitted to run in costume.
Those competing in events other than the registered category are permitted to wear costumes, but these must not be of a kind that are unsuitable for sporting events, such as those that contravene laws or go against public order and standards of decency, or those that compromise the safety or comfort of other runners and spectators. Running with a buggy or a pet is prohibited too. Please note that event organizer may instruct a runner to stop running based on their judge on the race day.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Kagoshima marathon committee|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F, MPR Honmachi Bldg., 3-1-8, Minami-Kyuhoji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka,541-0058, Japan|
|Business hours||Office Hours: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm Office Closed: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays|
1. In the case where the competition is cancelled due to the cuase for which the organizer cannot be responsible such as an earthquake, storm, flood, bad weather, snow, incidents, accidents, or epidemics, participation fee as well as commission fee will not be refunded.
2. Please make sure to be in your best health condition upon participating the competition by, for example, executing an adequate amount of tranings and going through a medical examination.
3. In the competition venue, including its course, one is prohibitted to wear nor display things which have an effect of an advertisement such as desing or trademark that suggests a name of company, product name, etc. for the purpose of advertisement.
4. Please take public transportations to come to the venue as it has no parking lot.
5. If there is an emergency issue such as an accident or fire during the competition, emergency vehicles may run on any part of the course. In such situation, participants will be asked to halt their performance by following the staff’s instruction.
6. The video recordings, photographs, articles, record of individual achievement, etc. of the competition may be used as an advertisement material for the competition’s programs and posters, as well as for TVs, radios, news papers, magazines, websites, etc., for the purpose of, for example, the management and advertisement of the competition, by the organizer or a third party that is approved by the organizer.
7. Apart from the points mentioned above, with regards to the issues related to the competition, please follow the instructions of the organizer.
8. We don't issue receipt for the participation fee. Please refer to your credit card company's details.