Application Only Plan【Overseas Advance】 Fukuoka Marathon 2019
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 10 Nov 2019〜10 Nov 2019
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Participation application acceptance period
15 Apr 2019 10:00 ～ 02 Aug 2019 23:59
Entrants of Overseas Advance application(Inbound entry) are able to participate without lottery, however the application is accepted by first come, first served who have completed the application. Please be advised that it is not able to complete the application if it is fully booked.
*Overseas runners who live in Japan are not accepted on this entry website.
*Japanese nationality is not accepted on this entry website.Please apply on Japanese website.
* Because it is treated the same and apply outside the country, full marathon entry fee will be 15,000 yen. Full Marathon is only event you can apply from here.
*Non-Japanese living outside of Japan
*Overseas Entry is accept only an individual entry.
It is not accept group entry including family or friends.
Each applicants need a JSS ID to apply Fukuoka Marathon.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- November 10, 2019 (Sun) ※Races will take place rain or shine.
08:20 – Marathon starts
- Competition rules
- All races are administered in accordance with the 2019 Rules of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and the regulations for this competition.
- Event/Capacity/Time Limited
- Event: Full Marathon
Capacity: 12000 people
*The above number of people includes ｌocal advance applications for residents of Fukuoka City or Itoshima City.
Time Limit: 7 hours
- Entry Fee
- Full Marathon : JPY 15,000
- Entrants was born on or before April 1, 2001 (excluding high school students)
i) Registered athletes: Athletes registered with JAAF as of fiscal 2019.
ii) General: Those not registered with JAAF.
Categories i) and ii) are both open to men and women capable of completing the race within 6 hours 45 minutes including athletes from Japan and overseas who have been recommended by Fukuoka Marathon.
- Start: Tenjin area (Tenjin Intersection, Watanabe-dori), Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City
Finish: Itoshima City Koryu Plaza Shima-kan (Former Shima Public Building, Itoshima City Hall)
- Planned Checkpoints
- *Multiple checkpoints are set throughout the course due to limitations in traffic control, security concerns and event operation. Entrants who fail to pass a checkpoint before the cut-off time will be disqualified. Entrants will be directed to board a rescue vehicle by a member of staff in the event of disqualification.
*The organizers may disqualify entrants even before the cut-off time if the organizers deem that the entrants cannot pass a checkpoint before the cut-off time, or that they cannot continue the race.
①Momochi Central Park/5.3km/9：25
②Before Odo Nishi intersection/9.9km/10：09
③After Imajuku Station intersection/14.3km/10：52
④Ito Campus, Kyushu University/19.8km/11：44
⑤Imazu Sports Park/25.0km/12：33
⑥Kitazaki Elementary School/29.8km/13：20
⑦Showa Bus Nishinoura Depot/32.9km/13：50
⑧Before Imuta intersection/36.9km/14：28
⑨Before Yoshida junction/40.1km/14：59
- Starting blocks
- （1）In order to ensure a safe and smooth start to the marathon, standby blocks will be set according to the times athletes declare when registering irrespective of whether they are registered with JAAF. Those who do not declare a time will start from the blocks at the rear of the line.
（2）You are required to answer "Past Record","The name of the event" and "Year" which you have received,if your Estimate time is less than 3 hours.
*Please declare certain your record,please also note the organizer may refer the records.
（3）The start line for the fun run will be set behind the last blocks for the marathon.
- （1）Marathon (overall): 1st – 8th place for both men and women separately
（2）Marathon (by age group): 1st – 3rd place for both men and women separately (24 years and under, 25 – 29 years (divided into 5-year age groups up until 74 years), 75 years and above)
※There is no award ceremony for (2). Certificates will be sent to winners at a later date
(3)Finishers certificate(with time records) will be given to all finishers on the day of the event.
- Runner's check -In
November 8th, Fri 12:00 p.m.-08:00 p.m.
November 9th, Sat 10:00 a.m.-08:00 p.m.
*It will not be possible to register on the day of the event(November 10th).
Fukuoka city hall west side Fureai park
- Participation prize
- T-shirt(size chart)
Chest size (approx.)84cm/88cm/92cm/96cm/100cm/104cm
（JASPO standards) ※Entrants who fail to specify a T-shirt size in their application will be assigned an S size if female and M size if male. It will not be possible to change size after application.
- 【Note for application 】Rules concerning fancy dress
- (1)Entrants competing in the registered athletes category are not permitted to run in fancy dress.
(2)Those competing in events other than those in the registered category are not permitted to wear fancy dress costumes of a kind that are unsuitable for sporting events, such as those that contravene laws or go against public order and standards of decency, or those that compromise the safety or comfort of other runners and spectators.
(3)Entrants are not permitted to run with a baby stroller and escort runners who are not registerd. Also excluding any pets.
If entrants will not protect the above rules, organizers may asist them to stop competitive.
- Application Notes（Health& Medical Information）
- ■All participants are expected to be trained and prepared for the race and will be held responsible for their own health and ability to run the race.
■The organizer will hold first aid when runners get injured or get sick, and will only give compensation to runners under the compensation insurance coverage by the organizer.
■Please be well prepared for marathons. We recommend you to follow 「10 Recommendations for the Safety of Citizen Marathon Runners」and get yourself well prepared for marathons. Let’s run safely!
【10 Recommendations for the Safety of Citizen Marathon Runners】
Prepared by the Guidelines Examination Committee of the Japanese Society of Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine, and the Medical Committee of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations.
1.Get plenty of nourishment and sleep as a matter of routine.
3.Get a medical check-up every year.
4.If you have a lifestyle disease, consult your physician.
5.Train in a well-planned manner.
6.Wear running apparel suitable for the temperature and humidity, and replenish your body's fluids at appropriate intervals.
7.Immediately stop running in the event of discomfort in the chest area, chest pains, cold sweat, dizziness, etc.
8.Promptly attend to any pain or cramp in the feet, legs, knees, back, etc.
9.Have the courage to quit if you are worried about your ability to finish the race or about your physical condition.
10.Learn how to perform CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).).
- Application Notes（Runner's stop）
- In the event of an emergency during the marathon, such as an accident or fire, emergency vehicles may be given access to anywhere along the course. In such cases, races will be temporarily halted on the instructions of staff.
- The organizers are aware of the importance of personal information, and will handle all personal information based on policies on protecting personal information drawn up by the organizers in adherence to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws.
Personal information is used for the purpose of improving services for marathon entrants, such as the provision of race guides, notifications of records, notification of related information, provision of services from marathon sponsors, supporters and related organizations, the publication of records (rankings etc.), and surveys.
※In some cases, the organizers or Fukuoka Marathon Overseas Entry Help Desk will contact applicants to confirm their application details.
- Shuttle Bus
- Shuttle buses are available to transport marathon entrants from the finish location to JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station (free of charge), or to Tenjin/Hakata Stations (charged). Also, shuttle buses to transport supporters from around JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station to the finish location are available (free of charge).
Parking is not available at the venue. Please refrain from coming to the venue in a private vehicle or chartered bus.
Further details will be provided on the Marathon website at a later date.
- （1）The organizers will provide only first-aid treatment for accidents or injuries during the race and will compensate for them, if any, within the coverage of the insurance for which they have contracted. The organizers are not held liable for any further medical care or compensation.
（2）Parking is not available at the venue, so please use public transportation. The organizers will not be responsible for entrants arriving late due to public transport or road traffic conditions on the day of the marathon.
（3）The event will be conducted in compliance with all related laws and regulations of Japan.
（4）For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.
（5）Guidelines are subject to change. Announcements will be posted on the Fukuoka Marathon website.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Fukuoka Marathon 2019 Overseas Entry Help Desk|
|Application address||JTB SPORTS STATION|
|Business hours||09:30-17:30 (GMT +9) weekdays ONLY|
【Notes on application】
*Please read the below and apply only after having consented to the terms therein.
1.Where earthquakes, flooding, snow, an accident, an incident or pandemic etc, or any reasons not imputable to the race organizer and the organizer decides to suspend the race, admission fees are not returned.
2.The provision of false information (age, gender, address, etc.), or participation in the marathon by a different person to the registered entrant is not permitted. Any applications found to contain false or misleading information after submission will be canceled and no refunds will be made.
3.No event changes or cancellations due to personal circumstances are possible after your application is received.
4.Accidental overpayments, double payments or cancelation cannot be refunded.
5.In cases of application after application period no refund will be offered.
6.The event organizers take no responsibility for any late applications and payment caused by Internet connectivity/device malfunctions etc.
7.Entrants who is under 20 years old must obtain the permission of their parents or guardians before applying.
8.The organizer will not issue receipts. Please check statement of your credit card or invoice.