Summary of the event
Banner for the event
[NOTE]:Application via JTB Sports Station
Please confirm the entry qualifications from the following URL before applying
Selection method:First come, First served basis
If this is the first time you are using JTB sports station,you need to complete the process of new membership registration in advance.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
Course characteristics/Kobe, the birthplace of marathon in Japan.
The course winds its way through the streets of exotic Kobe whose urban sophistication is balanced by the natural beauty of the sparkling Seto Inland Sea in front and verdant Rokko Mountain Range behind. The runners' spirits will be lifted by the hearty cheering and constant encouragement from the crowds lining the course.
Entries in the Kobe Marathon in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean should use the website JTB Sports Station, owned and operated by JTB Japan Corp.
Entries in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean in the Kobe Marathon are limited to entries for foreign nationals in Japan and foreign nationals or Japanese nationals resident overseas.
This site is not for Japanese nationals residing in Japan. Any entry attempted by a Japanese national residing in Japan on this site will be invalid. Please note that if payment has been made for a Japanese national residing in Japan, no refund can be provided.
Japanese nationals residing in Japan should apply through the Kobe Marathon Japanese-language entry site (RUNNET).
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Marathon (42.195 km)
- Date & Time
- Sunday, November 17, 2019
Start at 9:00am / Closed at 4:00pm
*Runners will start in waves. Starting times for each wave will be set and announced at a later date.
- Start: Kobe City Hall
Turnaround point: West of Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge (Nishi-Maiko, Tarumi-ku)
Finish: Port Island (Civic Square Vicinity)
(Course certified by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations and the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (IAAF/AIMS))
- Starting Block
- For the purpose of safe and smooth starting, stand-by blocks are assigned according to the declared time on the registration.
The record(time, name of the marathon, year) must be accurate as the Kobe Marathon Committee may check and confirm it.
*The event organizer may require runners to submit the certificate if necessary.
*False declaration will not be accepted.
- Competition Rules
- The race is conducted in accordance with the FY2019 rules and regulations set forth by the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF), and the rules and regulations set forth for this event. The race has also been designated as a Bronze Label event by the IAAF, and thus will be conducted in accordance with the IAAF Label Road Races Regulations. Doping tests will also be carried out in accordance with IAAF rules and regulations.
- Type of Entry / Category / Maximum Number of Entrants / Time Limit / Entry Fee
- <Type of Entry>
<Maximum Number of Entrants>
6 hours and 30 minutes *1 *2
*1. Time limit is based on the first signal gun time.
*2. Cut-off times are set at each checkpoint due to the limited duration of traffic control, security, and event operation. The cut-off times will be announced when the wave start details are decided. Runners who are proceeding at an extremely slow pace will be asked to stop the race even outside of checkpoints.
<Entry Fee (per person)>
1)No charity goods (Additional charge: None)
(includes administrative fee and a ¥200 donation to charity)*3
2)With charity number card (Additional charge: 1,000 JPY)
3)With charity number card and original merchandise (Additional charge: 3,000 JPY)
■Please note that the organizers may reject applications for charity number cards with content containing company names, product names, or other material deemed inappropriate.
*3. Charity proceeds will be utilized by the Kobe Marathon Friendship Bank.
*4. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Applications shall be made via JTB Sports Station and are finalized upon payment of entry fees. Please note that entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstance after they have been processed (with the exception of applications made by entrants of foreign nationality residing in Japan who were not selected in the placement lottery).
*5. Please note that changes to your name or information cannot be made after your application is finalized, with the exception of circumstances such as marriage or change of address.
*6. Please note that the entrant cannot be changed after your application is finalized.
Athletes born on or before April 1, 2001
General runners: Those not registered with the Japan Association of Athletics Federations.
*Runners (including those from Japan and abroad recommended by the organizers) should be capable of completing the race within 6 hours and 30 minutes.
※Please be aware that duplicated application to the marathon and half marathon by the same person and duplicated application in individual entry will be disqualified.
*Clothing and costumes considered contrary to public morals and inappropriate for sporting events is prohibited.
※The wheelchair runner can not be apply.
**Those with disabilities (holders of disability cards) who would have difficulty competing alone may designate one escort runner. (Runners may not be accompanied by a seeing-eye dog.)
- Entry Application
- [NOTE] Application via JTB Sports Station
===Please confirm the entry method from the following URL before applying.===
Applications for the Kobe Marathon done in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean shall be submitted via JTB Sports Station, a website owned and operated by JTB Japan Corporation.
Applications for the Kobe Marathon done in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean shall be only for entrants of foreign nationality residing in Japan and entrants of Japanese or other nationalities living abroad.
JTB Sports Station is not intended for use by entrants of Japanese nationality residing in Japan; any applications submitted by entrants of Japanese nationality residing in Japan will be considered invalid. Please note that any application fees paid will not be refunded. We kindly ask that applications by entrants of Japanese nationality residing in Japan be submitted via Runnet, the Japanese-language application website for the Kobe Marathon.
(1)How to apply
Please apply online at: http://kobe-marathon.net/2019/english
*Registration on the JTB Sports Station website is required before applying; please agree to the terms and conditions of registration and submit your application.
(2)When to apply
From Thursday, 04 April, 2019 (from 12:00am) to Wednesday, 31 July, 2019 (by 11:59pm Japan Standard Time) *Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
(3)Entry fee payment
After submitting your application via the JTB Sports Station website, entry fees must be paid in accordance with specified methods in order for your application to be finalized. If payment of entry fees is not completed before the payment deadline, your application not be finalized and considered invalid.
(4) Selection of entrants
Applications are finalized upon payment of entry fees.
Applications will no longer be accepted if the number of applicants reaches the maximum capacity.
(5) Note for disabled applicants
Disabled applicants (holders of disability cards) should complete the required parts of the application.
- Runner Check-in
- [Check-in Dates & Time]
Friday, 15 November, 2019: 1:00pm – 8:00pm (latest time for admission) (planned)
Saturday, 16 November, 2019: 10:00am – 7:00pm (latest time for admission) (planned)
Location: Kobe International Exhibition Hall
**Please be sure to check in on one of the two days listed above.
*Note that runner check-in will be closed on the actual marathon day (November 17). Entrants may not check in outside the times stated above.
*Escort runners should also check in at the above times.
*At the time of check-in, the entrant's identity will be confirmed (the entrant must present in person).
*Check-in will be refused if the entrant fails to show identification documents.
*Those with disabilities must bring their disability card.
- 1) Overall: The top eight men and the top eight women runners .
2) Kobe Marathon Japan Top 8: The top eight men and top eight women residing in Japan (any nationality).
3) By age group: The top eight men and the top eight women runners for each five-year.
*Excluding overall winners, and those eligible for the Kobe Marathon Japan Top 8 award.
4) Continuous Prizewinner: Runners who have won prizes 3 years in a row since the 7th Kobe Marathon.
*The combination of 1), 2) ,3) do not matter.
5) Kobe Marathon Final Sprint Challenge: Awards will be presented to the man and woman whose record of 7.195km from 35km point to the finish point is the fastest among Japan top 8 runners in Kobe marathon 2019.
- Finisher's Certificate
- Finisher's Certificate will be uploaded on Mypage of JTB Sports Station approximately at the end of December.
- Doping Control
- Doping tests will be conducted under the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) anti-doping regulations or Japan anti-doping regulations. Doping tests taken before or after the event will be based on urine or blood sample collection (or both). Applicable runners must take the tests in accordance with instructions.
*Runners not registered JAAF also must obey the regulations. They are required to show their ID with their photo if they become subjects to the tests in the event. The ID is supposed to be a student ID, an employee ID, a driver's license, or a copy of a passport. All ID cards have to have a clear face photo.
- TUE Applications
- Runners who must use, for the treatment of an illness, a prohibited substance or method listed under the Prohibited List International Standard must apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE).
For details, please visit the JAAF Medical Association website: http://www.jaaf.or.jp/medical/index.html, or the Japan Anti-Doping Agency (JADA) website: http://www.playtruejapan.org/. (Japanese only)
- Personal Information
- The organizers recognize the importance of entrants' personal information,General Data Protection Regulation; GDPR and will handle it in accordance with laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information based on the organizers' personal information protection policy. Any personal information submitted will be used to provide drawing results, participation guidelines, notices of records achieved and related information, services from Kobe Marathon sponsors, supporters, co-organizers and related organizations, and for the announcement of records (including rankings) with the aim of improving service to entrants in this event.
*Please note that the organizers or the Kobe Marathon Runner Call Center may use your personal information to contact you and confirm information related to your application.
- Participation Prizes
- T-shirt(T-shirt size chart)
Size Height(approx) ／ Chest measurement(approx)
S 165cm ／88cm
M 170cm ／92cm
L 175cm ／96cm
XL 180cm ／100cm
2XL 185cm ／104cm
Size Height(approx) ／Chest measurement(approx)
S 155cm ／80cm
M 160cm ／83cm
L 165cm ／86cm
XL 170cm ／89cm
*If no T-shirt size is specified at application, both men and women will receive a size M.
*Men may not select women’s T-shirts and women may not select men’s T-shirts.
*Please note that women’s T-shirts are made with a snug-fitting design. Please select your size accordingly.
*Please note that circumstances may prevent some applicants from getting the size they want.
*T-shirt size cannot be changed after registration.
- (1) Please note that the Kobe Marathon Runner Call Center or secretariat cannot respond to questions or inquiries about the status of an application or results of the drawing.
(2) When applying via the Internet, the computer terminal, operating system, or browser used by the applicant may prevent the applicant from being able to file his or her application.
(3) Receipts for entry fees
Receipts will not be issued. Entrants are asked to substitute the credit card company's account or billing statement for an official receipt
(4) The passage of emergency vehicles including ambulances may impede the progress of runners. In such cases, no record adjustments can be made to compensate for the time lost.
(5) The organizers may permit the commissioned sale of photographs and other approved products.
(6) Minors must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian for entering.
(7) For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.
(8) These guidelines are for Kobe Marathon 2019.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Kobe Marathon Entry Center|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F, Hommachi MPR Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,|
|Business hours||Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd)|
Kobe Marathon Committee
JTB Sports Station
9F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,
Office Hours: 9:30AM - 5:30PM
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
Terms of Kobe Marathon application
All applicants must agree to the following terms:
1.Please note that any applicant submitting more than one application will have their selection revoked. Any applicant found to have committed such an act will be disqualified and any funds they have transferred as surplus or duplicated payment will not be returned.
2.False declaration of name, age, gender, nationality, domicile, records or any other matter is not allowed. Also, use of a substitute for any event or transference of entry rights are not allowed. Any individual found to have committed such an act will be disqualified and the organizers will not be required to make any compensation or return any funds.
3.After an application has been made, no change, amendment, or cancellation can be made to the content of the registration for personal reasons. The secretariat will contact the applicant via the applicant’s email address or telephone number only if there is a need to confirm the content of an application.
4.The organizers bear no responsibility for late applications resulting from problems with the Internet.
5.Entry fees will not be refunded in the event the Kobe Marathon is cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers (earthquake, wind or flood damage, snowfall, some sort of incident, accident, or disease, etc.)
6.The organizers will not be responsible for entrants’ tardiness due to public transport or road traffic conditions on marathon day.
7.In the event of illness, loss, or other incident, the organizers accept no responsibility other than to take emergency measures.
8.At the event, including on the course, entrants are prohibited from wearing or displaying logos or trademarks representing a company or product name.
9.Entrants are deemed to acknowledge that the organizers may report, publish and use during the event personal information such as videos, photos, articles, records, applicants’ names, ages, addresses (name of country, name of prefecture or equivalent administrative unit, or name of city, ward, town, or village) and images in such media as television, newspapers, magazines, the Internet, pamphlets, etc.
10.The organizers will handle the personal information of the entrants in accordance with laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information.
11.This event shall be implemented in compliance with all the relevant laws of Japan.
12.The organizers shall stage this event in compliance with the event stipulations as well as the terms of application.