【Accommodation-only plan】2019 Hakodate Marathon
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 07 Jul 2019〜07 Jul 2019
- Event venue
- Hokkaido Hokkaido Hakodate Chiyogadai Park Athletic Stadium
- Event type
- The number of capacity
*If or are displayed, it might be a case of not able to participate to apply your family and friends.
How about travel arrangements for accommodation and transportation?
Travel arrangements, availability from here.
Participation application acceptance period
25 Feb 2019 21:00 ～ 31 Mar 2019 23:59
About cancellation fee, please refer the URL below.
Registration will be closed on a first-come-first-served basis, so we recommend you the early payment.
The event information
- Date and time
- Sunday, July 7, 2019
Half Marathon starts at 9:00 a.m.
Full Marathon starts at 9:10 a.m.
- (1) Saturday, July 6
Participation memento pick-up: 1:00 p.m.–8:00p.m.
(in front of the main entrance to Athletic Stadium)
(2) Sunday, July 7
Baggage check-in: 6:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Runners line up: from 8:00 a.m.
Opening ceremony: from 8:40 a.m.
Race start: 9:00 a.m.
Participation memento pick-up: 10:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
(In front of the main entrance of Athletic Stadium)
Issuing runner’s certificate: from 10:10 a.m.
Award ceremony: from 10:40 a.m. (half marathon)
from 12:30 p.m. (full marathon)
Race finish: 2:40 p.m.
- ○Half marathon（21.0975km）
- The course starts and finishes at Hakodate Chiyogadai Park Athletic Stadium and is certified by Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) / Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS).
- Race rules
- Based on the 2019 JAAF regulations and the regulations of this race.
- Participants must be males or females aged over 18, as of July 7, 2019.
They must generally be able to run a half marathon within three hours or a full marathon within five and a half hours from the starting gun and pass through the designated checkpoints within the allotted time.
We ask that minors (those under 20) participate with the consent of their guardians.
- Race Procedure
- (1) Starting order
1) The half marathon starts at 9:00 a.m. and the full marathon starts at 9:10 a.m.
2) For both races, the first row will consist of invited athletes and runners registered with industrial or student associations. Behind them there will be JAAF registered runners followed by general runners.
General runners will have a letter attached to their number cards, based on their race predicted times. The letters (A→B→C→D→E→F→G) correspond to blocks (marked with placards).
*General runners will be assigned to block G if they have not recorded a predicted race time.
*Please be sure to record your predicted race time correctly because it is not possible to change your starting position after the registration.
1) Checkpoints will close at the following times. Runners arriving after these times will not be allowed to continue the race.
1st: 5km (Half, Full) 9:54 a.m.
2nd: 8.3km (Half, Full) 10:19 a.m.
3rd: 13.7km (Full) 11:00 a.m.
4th: 10km (Half), 19.3km (Full) 11:40 a.m.
5th: 15km (Half), 24.3km (Full) 12:18 p.m.
6th: 19.1km (Half), 29.4km (Full) 12:56 p.m.
7th: 33.5km (Full) 1:28 p.m.
8th: 37.3km (Full) 1:58 p.m.
9th: 39.9km (Full) 2:21 p.m.
Finish: 21.0975km (Half), 42.195km (Full) 2:40 p.m.
Race officials will order any runners behind “DNF Notifiers” to finish the race at locations other than checkpoints
(DNF Notifiers are running at a pace that will reach the checkpoint by the designated time).
(3) Other procedure
1) Full marathon runners should keep to the left and half runners should keep to the right on the course in order to alleviate congestion at the junction.
2) Distance displays are set every 1km.
3) Lap times will be measured every 5km.
*Runner’s certificate indicates the gross finish time (gun timing) and lap time. In addition, net finish time (chip timing) will be also indicated as unofficial record.
4) Pacemakers will be running at the pace of 3.5-hour, 4-hour, 4.5-hour and 5-hour for fullmarathon.
- Maximum capacity
- ○Half marathon: 4,000 runners (first come, first served)
○Full marathon: 4,000 runners (first come, first served)
- Participation fee
- ○Half marathon:¥5,000
*The participation fee will not be refunded under any circumstances, including in the event of nonparticipation due to personal circumstances or withdrawal after registration.
- Participation Souvenir
- (1) Participation Award: All runners who joined the marathon will receive mementos. (The memento will be decided in early February. Please check official website.)
(2) Finish Certificate: Runners who finished within the limited time will receive original finisher's towels. Runners who finished full marathon runners will also receive finisher’s medals.
- (1) Awards will be presented in front of the main stand in Athletic Stadium to each runner who finishes between first and third place in both marathons in either the male or female categories.
(2) Runners who finish between first and third place in each age division of each gender category（aged under 29, 30～34, 35～39, 40～44. 45～49, 50～54, 55～59, 60～64, 65～69, over 70） will be awarded certificates and medals at a later date. (These will be sent to the runners’ home addresses)
In this case, net finish time (chip time) will be adopted.
(3) The Hakodate Marathon is a partnership race of RUN as ONE - Tokyo Marathon 2020 (semi-elite).
The top 50 runners who clear the designated time and are a registered with JAAF Hokkaido will be recommended as semi-elite runners for the Tokyo Marathon 2019.
Full: Males within 2 hrs 55 mins, Females within 3 hrs 40 mins
Half: Males within 1 hr 21 mins, Females within 1 hrs 45 mins
(4) Hakodate Marathon is MCC (Marathon Challenge Cup) event.
MCC is the project that supports all runners from those who will run for the first to top runners aiming national record.
Runners who join MCC event will receive following rewards:
1) The runner who won the 1st place in full marathon with new record will earn prize (maximum 1 million yen, depending on the record).
Male: 2 hours 18 minutes 27 seconds
Female: 2 hours 46 minutes 37 seconds
2) Male runners who meet sub-3-hour (sub-3.5-hour for female) will receive “MCC special record certificate”.
3) Runners who finished full marathon for the first time will receive “MCC special record certificate”
4) Personal Best Record Certificates are issued
*For more detail, check the MCC official web site;
- Number cards
- JTB Sports Station users must issue "Number card voucher" from "My page" at JTB Sports Station website and bring it to the information desk for foreigners in front
of the stadium on July 6, you can pick up your number card there.
- Entry Number
- Please chose the entry number which belongs to you (as of July 7) from the below;
Invited, registered with industrial or student associations
【Full marathon】*Only via Online
Invited, registered with industrial or student associations
- You can make accommodation reservations from Monday, February 25, 9 p.m.
via JTB Sports Station（https://jtbsports.jp/）as【Accommodation-only plan】2019 Hakodate Marathon.
- (1) Please do not compete if you have been deemed unfit on a physical exam.
(2) We are unable to accommodate runners who are wheelchair users.
(3) Please use public transportation to come to the stadium, because there is no parking available.
(4) There is a Baggage Drop area for your belongings at the stadium (The indoor track).
Personal belongings that fit in a designated bag (70cm X 50cm) can be left at the Baggage Drop area with your number card. Please note that we will not be responsible for your valuables.
Also you can use paid service for bigger baggage (¥500 per baggage).
(5) There are rest rooms set up in and around the stadium and along the course.
(6) There are 16 aid stations for Full marathon (food supply is available at 7 of them) and 8 stations for Half marathon (food supply is available at 4 of them) including water supply at starting and finishing points.
(7) Hakodate Marathon Omotenashi Festival will be held near the stadium.
Runners are welcome to enjoy free food and beverages after the race.
(8) Please check the website below for race records. (A hard copy of the times of all participants will not be published.)
http://www.lap.co.jp (planned to be updated by July 10)
(9) Runners who have become ill or who are injured during the race may be transported to a hospital by ambulance if deemed appropriate by the medical staff or marathon officials. Such individuals will be charged for treatment at the hospital.
If you do not have medical insurance, medical fees may be quite expensive. It is recommended that you purchase travel accident or other insurance that will cover medical costs in Japan.
Runners who are transported to the hospital and runners who receive an intravenous drip at aid stations will be considered as DNF and will not be allowed to continue the race.
You must be in the proper costume for running. Inappropriate costume like mask concealing the face, unpleasant wear for other runners or audience, and wear that can make the other hurt will not be permitted.
If the organizer decides that a participant performs any of the following actions, the organizer may expel the participant from the competition, or even stop the participant from an ongoing race.
- The organizers recognize the importance of personal information. Laws regarding the protection of personal information and associated acts of parliament are strictly adhered to. Personal information is handled according to the organizers’ personal information protection policy. Participants’ personal information will be used in the following ways, with the aim of improving service.
1) Publishing things like participants’ names and ages in the race program, on the website, in newspapers etc.
2) Providing services from race sponsors, supporters, and related organizations
3) Announcing record times for the race
4) Providing names, genders, dates of birth, and race records to the Tokyo Marathon Foundation
Additionally, applicants may be contacted by the marathon office or entry center to confirm details of their registration. If you do not want to provide your personal information to others, please contact the marathon office.
Event secretariat information
Inquiries about the race (Sorry, in Japanese only)
The Hakodate Marathon Committee Office
Sports Promotion Section, Hakodate City Board of Education, 4-13 Shinonome-cho, Hakodate City 040-0036
Tel: 0138-21-3576 Fax: 0138-27-7217
Inquiries about entries (Sorry, in Japanese only)
Hakodate Marathon Entry Center
Lap System, 236-1-102, Kochi, Hiratsuka City, Kanagawa 254-0903
Tel: 0463-35-6691 Fax: 0463-35-6640
Inquiries about accommodation
JTB Corporation. Hokkaido Division Event Operation Center
8F Urban Net Sapporo bldg., 1-2 North1 West6, Chuo-ku, Sapporo City 060-0001
Tel: 011-221-4800 Fax: 011-222-5102 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website (Sorry, in Japanese only)
Search for “Hakodate Marathon” or go to https://hakodate-marathon.jp/
*The current updates about the race in 2019 will be uploaded regularly.
We ask those who join the event to accept the following registration rules before the application.
1. Participants must make sure that they are not suffering from any cardiovascular diseases or illnesses, be mindful of
their health, and undertake adequate training in preparation for the race.
2. Participants must not ask the organizers to assume responsibility, under any circumstances, for any injuries, illnesses,accidents, thefts, or losses that occur during the race.
3. Participants must obey the instructions of the organizers during the race, if the race is suspended because there is judged to be an obstacle to its continuation or if runners are temporarily stopped due to traffic conditions.
Participants must also follow any other instructions regarding safety management and event administration given by the organizers.
4. Participants must not object to receiving first-aid treatment if they are injured or become unwell during the race.Additionally, participants must not ask organizers to assume responsibility for the method or process of first aid.
5. Participants must consent to the fact that their participation fee will not be refunded, under any circumstances,including in the case of withdrawal or non-participation after registration or cancellation due to earthquake, storms,floods, incidents, accidents or sickness.
6. Participants must not falsely report their age or gender or compete in place of any other participants (illegal appearance). (In such cases, the applicant’s participation will be cancelled.)
7. Participants must consent to personal information, such as their name, age, gender, and likeness that appear in footage photographs, articles, and records of the race, being broadcast, published, or used in newspapers, on television, online,or in leaflets. (The right to publish and use this information lies with the organizers.)