Kochi Ryoma Marathon 2019
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 17 Feb 2019〜17 Feb 2019
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
- Total 10,000 (includes Japanese participants)
*If or are displayed, it might be a case of not able to participate to apply your family and friends.
Participation application acceptance period
14 Sep 2018 00:00 ～ 31 Oct 2018 23:59
Banner for the event
Run one of the most scenic marathon course starting from the heritage area including historic Kochi Castle, Taking in the spectacular views of the Pacific shore and true blue river stream.
The Kochi Ryoma Marathon 2019 is seventh times of event this year and the officials expect to see the record participation with over 10,000 runners.
The variety of locally produced food will be served at the each aid stations to cheer up runners.
Places are limited so please register your interest as soon as possible.
Detailed course map and photos of the point of interest
Any travelers interested in fitness and motivation is welcome to visit Kochi. As our sacred pilgrimage trail is selected as one of the 52 Places to Go in 2015 list, New York Times.
To find out more information for your travel to Kochi
Please click here
Course map is here
It is first come, first served who completed the application. Please be adviced that it is not able to complete the application if it is fully booked.
This is regarding overseas runners currently residing outside and inside Japan, and Japanese residing outside of Japan.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date and Time
- Sunday 17 February 2019 Race will take place rain or shine.
- Check-in dates/times/venue
- ★Saturday 16 February 2019★
13:00 - 18:00 at Kochi Chuo Park, 1-11-27 Obiyamachi, Kochi
★Sunday 17 February 2018★
6：00 - 8：00 at Kochi city Josei Park,8,1 Marunouchi, Kochi
As it might be crowed with many runners on the event day,you will be very appreciated if you can check-in in the previous day.
Entrants will be given a bag for personal belongings during the race at the check-in desk.
- Kochi Ryoma Marathon course certified by JAAF
→Harimaya bashi bridge → Urado ohashi bridge → Katsurahama beach area → Niyodogawa ohashi bridge → Turn around Nii, Tosashi →
Finish: Haruno athletic stadium）
- Competition Rules
- The race will be conducted in accordance with the 2018 rules and regulations of the JAAF and this competition.
- Time limit
- 7 hours
*The running time limits will be based on the first starting-gun time.
*For reasons of traffic control, security, and event operation, the cut-off time will be enforced.
*When runners cannot reach a checkpoint by the cut-off time, they will be asked to leave the race.
*When runners appear to be late for reaching a checkpoint by the cut-off time or be left far behind other runners, they may be asked to leave the race.
On that point, they are asked to follow the instruction of the event staff to get in the accommodation car.
- Limit of the online registration for overseas entrants are 200.
- 1.JAAF registered runner or non-registered runner
2.Male or Female over 18 years old
3.3rd Grade of high school students who were registered Federations in 2018
4.Be able to complete the race within 7 hours (Time Limit)
5.Proxies and/or assignments of rights are not permitted
6.Invited runners or recommended by the committee office
*Wheel chair runners cannot be participated for security reasons.
- Entry fee
- 9,000 JPN (includes insurance)
- Race guide
- 1.In order to ensure a safe and smooth start to the marathon, standby blocks will be set according to the times runners declared.
2.Runners must run the designated course following the instruction of judges and police officers.
3.Participants are requested to take responsibility for managing their own health. It is recommended that participants check their condition beforehand by having a medical checkup.
4.In order to ensure a smooth procedure of the marathon, special drink is prohibited.
5.The race may be stopped depending on the situation such as that emergency vehicles may pass through on the course.
6.After the registration, no entry fee will be refunded.
7.Runner's baggage(only which fit in a designated bag except for valuables) will be transported to finish area from the starting venue by the event organizer.Valuables must belong to runners on their own responsibility.
8.Wearing getas(sandals) is prohibited.
9.Race bib and runner's guide will be uploaded on Mypage about a few weeks ago before the race.
10.The organizer recognizes the importance of personal information and treats them by complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations as well as based on its personal information protection policy.
The personal information will, for the purpose of improving the service for the participants in the competition, be used for the guidance of the competition, notification of records and information related to the competition, provision of services from the sponsoing, partnering or related organizations of the competition, announcement of the record (including ranking etc.), questionnaire, etc.
- Finisher services
- Post-race massages will be offered for runners for free of charge by Kochi Judo acupuncture chiropractors
Free traditional Gamefowl hotpot will be served by students of Kochi prefecture agricultural high school and various event food vendors are outside around the stadium.
- Special award
- All finishers will be entered to win a gift of Kochi's local produce, randomly picked for 150 prizes.
- Limited number of parking spaces are available at the finish area. We recommend you to take shuttle buses to reach the events.
Shuttle buses will operate from the finish area (Haruno park) to the start area
Shuttle buses will operate from the start area (Kochi station) to the finish area (Haruno park)
＊Both shuttle buses only runs for free on the event.
- Cutoff times of each check points
- Check Point Distance Cutoff Time
1st CP 5.0 km 9:55
2st CP 8.6 km 10:27
3st CP 13.2 km 11:09
4st CP 17.0 km 11:45
5st CP 18.9 km 12:04
6st CP 22.0 km 12:38
7st CP 25.8 km 13:17
8st CP 29.6 km 13:56
9st CP 33.8 km 14:40
10th CP 37.5 km 15:19
11st CP 41.2 km 15:58
- Participation gift (T-shirt)
- SS / 157～163 / 81～87 / 67～73
S / 162～168 / 85～91 / 71～77
M / 167～173 / 89～95 / 75～81
L / 172～178 / 93～99 / 79～85
O / 177～183 / 97～103 / 83～89
XO / 182～188 / 101～107 / 87～93
* Please note that you can not change the size after application.
Event secretariat information
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F MPR Honmachi Bldg 3-1-8, Minamikyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,|
|Business hours||9：30～17：30 weekdays only (JST)|
1. Entries are non cancelable/nonrefundable. In the event, any overpaid/double-paid fees also will not be refunded. (in the case of the exceeding the number of entry capacity, fees will be refunded)
2. In an earthquake, storm/flood damage, snowfall, accidents, epidemic disease, or any other reasons, the organizers will assess the situation and make a decision concerning scaling down/cancelling the race accordingly.
Organizers will make a decision concerning whether fee will be refunded or not refunded.
3. All participants should be in excellent health and capable of easily completing the race of their choice.
Participants are requested to take responsibility for their belongings, manage their own health and avoiding accidents during the events.
4. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the race, which decision is at the sole discretion of the race official and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
5. The organizers shall bear no other responsibilty than the provision of first aid in the event of illness, loss, or other accidents during the event.
6.The organizers are not held liable for accidents, loss, injuries and diseases during the event. Runners will not make a claim for damages against the organizers.
7. Runners will be compensated for accidents, injuries and diseases within the coverage of the event insurance.
8. Consents of family members, parents (runners under the age of 20) are required to participate in the event.
9. False statements of age, sex, name, and time records are strictly prohibited.
Should any such acts be discovered, the entry/award in question will be cancelled, entry fees and charges will not be refunded, and future applications for the Kochi Ryoma Marathon 2018 will not be accepted.
10. I understand that during the race or in related activities, I may be photographed, filmed, and/or videotaped. I agree to allow my name, photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate promotional purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and assigns.