WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON 2019
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 24 Feb 2019〜24 Feb 2019
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Participation application period
23 Jul 2018 10:00 ～ 21 Aug 2018 17:00
Banner for the event
Entries for WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON 2019 in English or Chinese(traditional) is exclusive only for "Those residing outside Japan" or "Foreign nationals residing in Japan having difficulty applying in Japanese language environment". Any entries by Japanese nationals residing in Japan through JTB Sports Station are NOT valid and entry fees are NONREFUNDABLE on this occasion. Entries by Japanese nationals residing in Japan must be through WORLD HERITAGE HIMEJI CASTLE MARATHON Japanese-language entry site (RUNNET).
【NOTE】Application though JTB Station
Please read and confirm the following terms and conditions before entry.
Monday, July 23 2018 10:00 a.m. ～ Tuesday, August 21 2018 5:00 p.m.(JST)
It is not until the payment is made before deadline that the application is completed.
For Japanese nationals residing in Japan.
For foreign nationals or Japanese nationals NOT residing in Japan.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Dade & Times
- Sunday February 24, 2019
The event starts at 9:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m. Marathon ends (JST)
- Himeji-shi, Association of Athletics Federations
- Full Marathon (42.195km)
* For smooth circulation of general traffic and event management purposes, containment barriers will be set up partway through the course (as laid out below), and closing times will be determined. Participants cannot continue in the race after the barriers have been closed. Furthermore, the race will be terminated if participants have fallen a long way behind, even if they are not at a containment barrier.
* Participant capacity includes volunteer runners
- Entry Fee
- Entry fee 13,000 JPY
Transaction charge 500 JPY
Total 13,500 JPY / person
- Eligibility Requirements
- Persons born before 1 April 2000
Those residing outside Japan or foreign nationals residing in Japan having difficulty applying in Japanese language environment.
* Persons, including those athletes from Japan and overseas nominated by this event, capable of completing the course within 6 hours.
* Persons with disabilities (persons with documentation certifying their disability) who would have difficulty running alone may run with one escort.
(A change of escort partway through the event will not be permitted. Moreover, participants may not run with guide dogs).
* As the course includes narrow passage and places with changes in level, participation in a wheelchair is not possible.
- Time limit
- 6 hours
* The time limit will be based on the starter gun
- The course starts at Otemae Street and finishes in Himeji Castle Sannomaru Square (course recognized by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations)
- Competition Rules
- The race will be conducted in accordance with the 2018 rules
and regulations of the JAAF and of this competition.
- How to Apply
- Application is available online only from July 23 at 10:00am to August 21 at 5:00pm.
If applicants exceed participant capacity, there will be a lottery selection.
Results of lottery selection: You can check the results of the lottery selection in the late September(planed) on your JTB Sport Station member page(My Page).
After receiving the notification of the application results, please pay the participation fees by the designated date. If payment is not received, the right to participate will be forfeited.
- Runner Check-In
- 10:00 - 20:00 (JST) Saturday February 23, 2019
@ Egret Himeji (68-290 Honmachi, Himeji city)
* At the time of check-in, government-issued picture ID (e.g. passport or diver's license) is required, and no proxy is permitted.
* Runners must check-in ONLY on 2/23 from 10am to 8pm. Note that check-in is NOT available on the day of the event.
* Escorts do not need to accompany participants at the time of registration.
- Starting lineup
- Blocks in the starting lineup will be assigned based on the time reported when applying, irrespective of stats of registration (where no time has been reported, participants will be assigned to the last block).
*Please be standing by after the lineup starts.
- Cutoff Times at Each Checkpoint (CP)
- For reasons of traffic control, security, and event operations, cutoff times will be enforced at each checkpoint. Regardless of the time limit at checkpoints, during the race, if a contestant's progress is extremely delayed, race officials may disqualify him/her from the race.
Check Point / Distance / Cut-off Time
1. Yasumuro primary school / 5.2km / 9：55
2. OkishioMinami community plant center/ 9.7km/ 10:32
3. Kochi primary school / 15.8km / 11：23
4. Hitsukura shrine / 21.0km / 12：06
5. Yokozeki park / 26.8km / 12：54
6. Kawanishi-dai daiichi park / 29.8km / 13：19
7. Yumesakidai dainana park / 35.6km / 14：07
8. Yasumuro primary school / 38.2km / 14：29
9. Tsujii intersection / 39.6km / 14：40
Finish Himeji castle (Himeji castle sannomaru square) / 42.195km / 15：00 (JST)
- 1) Overall: 1st – 8th places for men and women
2) Age groups: 1st – 3rd places for men and women
(29 years and under, 30 – 39 years, 40 – 49 years, 50 – 59 years, 60 – 69 years, 70 years and over)
* Prizes will be awarded on the basis of gross time.
* Recipients of 1) overall prizes will be excluded from 2) prizes for each age group.
* There will be no prize giving ceremony held for recipients of 2) prizes for each age group. Certificates will be sent at a later date.
- About stopping runners
- In case of an emergency such as accident or fire occurring during the event, emergency vehicles may travel along the course. In such an instance, runners will be required to stop running following directions by staff.
- Commemorative Gifts
- Towels and medals are given to all participants who completed the race
※Only given to runners who have finished the maratahon
- The organizers recognize the importance of personal data, and strictly follow the relevant laws and regulations, as well as their own policy on personal data protection, when handling personal data. The data will be used in order to provide a better service to participants: to communicate selection lottery results, participant information, number cards, recordings, and related information; to offer services from sponsors, supporters, and organizations involved with the event; to respond to emergencies during the event; and to announce records (such as rankings).
The organizers or their contractors may get in contact to confirm information necessary for the running of the event.
- 1) Please make every effort to ensure your physical condition before participating, e.g. by carrying out thorough training and undergoing a medical check.
2) The area around Himeji Castle, Otemae Street, and the area around Himeji Station North Square are zones in which smoking is forbidden on the street, and in which beautification activities have been intensified. Smoking on the street within this area (except in places where ashtrays have been provided) will incur a penalty of ￥1,000. Furthermore, throwing away empty cans or other garbage on the street may incur a fine of up to ￥20,000.
3) Sakuramonbashi and Otemon form part of the course, so no-one except runners and event personnel can pass through this route.
4) This event strictly obeys all relevant national laws, and is carried out in accordance not only with the terms of the application agreement, but also with the terms of the event.
- Commemorative Gifts (T-shirt)
- XS (height 157-163cm chest 81-87cm waist 67-73cm)
S (height 162-168cm chest 85-91cm waist 71-77cm)
M (height 167-173cm chest 89-95cm waist 75-81cm)
L(height 172-178cm chest 93-99cm waist 79-85cm)
XL (height 177-183cm chest 97-103cm waist 83-89cm)
Changing size is not accepted.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||World Heritage Himeji Castle Marathon|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,Chuo-ku, Osaka,Japan|
|Business hours||9:30 - 17:30 (Office Closed: Weekends and National Holidays)|
World Heritage Himeji Castle Marathon Executive Committee Secretariat
JTB Sports Station
9F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,541-0058,Japan
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Weekends and National Holidays
1) Minors (under 20) must obtain guardian's permission to apply. to participate.
2) Runners who apply through the Japanese entry website and JTB Sports Station at the same time, apply for more than one event on the Japanese entry website, or declare false statements will be disqualified at the selection process.
3) Any inquiry concerning the application cannot be accepted.
4）The organizer shall not be responsible for late applications due to problems with Internet devices or connections.
Application may not be possible via certain devices, operating systems, or browser software.
5) Once application accepted, any changes cannot be accepted, and participation fee is non-refundable.
6) Even in case of excessive or multiple remittance, the organizer will not refund it.
7) The organizers will not be able to confirm for delivery failure of the mails containing the selection results and other information due to problems with the mail address supplied at the time of registration. Moreover, mails may be rejected or diverted to the spam folder according to applicant's mailbox settings or security software settings, but the organizers shall not be responsible for any losses which may be incurred in such cases.
8）Only the person whose name on the application can participate in the race. No proxy is allowed.
Proxy caught on joininng the event will be disquialified and participation fee is non-refundable.
Besides, those disqualified applicants and proxies will be kept out of the future events.
9 ）In case of cancellation or scaling down due to earthquake, wind or flood damage, stormy weather, snowfall, incidents, accidents, epidemic disease, terrorism, bomb scare or any other reasons not attributable to the organizers, entrée fees and other charges will not be refunded.
10）The organizers will not be responsible for entrants arriving late due to public transport or road traffic conditions on the day of the marathon.
11）Clothes which covers runner's face or numbercard or may endanger or discomfort to others are prohibited.
12) Clothes with designs or trademarks which reminds people of the specific company or products for the purpose of advertising cannot be worn at this event.
13) In case of illness or accident, the organizer will apply nothing but a first aid on the runner, and will not take any responsibility for it.
14) Participant's personal data such as name, age, gender, place of residence (not more than the name of country, prefecture, state, ward, city, town), record, and image may be broadcasted or publishded, and all rights for aforesaid are reserved by the organizer.
15) Photos taken during the race will be sold by the authority of the organizer.
16）Please make sure to follow the instruction of the organizers regarding to the event.