【Overseas Advance Application】FUKUOKA MARATHON 2018
Summary of the event
Banner for the event
① Entrants of Overseas Advance application(Inbound entry) are able to participate without lottery, however the application is accepted by first come, first served who have completed the application. Please be advised that it is not able to complete the application if it is fully booked.
*Overseas runners who live in Japan are not accepted on this entry website.please apply through the link below;
*Japanese nationality is not accepted on this entry website.Please apply on Japanese website.
* Because it is treated the same and apply outside the country, full marathon entry fee will be 12,960 yen. Full Marathon is only event you can apply from here.
* Overseas Entry is accept only an individual entry.
It is not accept group entry including family or friends.
Each applicants need a JSS ID to apply Fukuoka Marathon.
*Non-Japanese living outside of Japan
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date of the Event
- November 11, 2018 (Sun) ※Races will take place rain or shine.
08:15 – Wheelchair Race starts
08:20 – Marathon/Fun Run starts
- All races are administered in accordance with the 2018 Rules of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and the regulations for this competition.
- Category / Entrants / Time Limit
- 【Full Marathon】
*The above number of people includes ｌocal advance applications for residents of Fukuoka City or Itoshima City.
Time Limit: 7 hours
- Registration Fee
- Full Marathon : JPY 12,960
- Athletes born on or before April 1, 2000 (excluding high school students)
i) Registered athletes: Athletes registered with JAAF as of fiscal 2018.
ii) General: Those not registered with JAAF.
Categories i) and ii) are both open to men and women capable of completing the race within 6 hours 45 minutes including athletes from Japan and overseas who have been recommended by Fukuoka Marathon.
- Start: Tenjin area (Tenjin Intersection, Watanabe-dori), Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City
Finish: Itoshima City Koryu Plaza Shima-kan (Former Shima Public Building, Itoshima City Hall)
- Time Checkpoints
- Multiple checkpoints are set throughout the course due to limitations in traffic control, security concerns and event operation. Entrants who fail to pass a checkpoint before the cut-off time will be disqualified. Entrants will be directed to board a rescue vehicle by a member of staff in the event of disqualification.
The organizers may disqualify entrants even before the cut-off time if the organizers deem that the entrants cannot pass a checkpoint before the cut-off time, or that they cannot continue the race.
Checkpoint Distance Cut-off Time
①Momochi Central Park 5.3km 9：25
②Before Odo Nishi intersection 9.9km 10：09
③After Imajuku Station intersection 14.3km 10：52
④Ito Campus, Kyushu University 19.8km 11：44
⑤Imazu Sports Park 25.0km 12：33
⑥Kitazaki Elementary School 29.8km 13：20
⑦Showa Bus Nishinoura Depot 32.9km 13：50
⑧Before Imuta intersection 36.9km 14：28
⑨Before Yoshida junction 40.1km 14：59
Finish 42.195km 15：20
- Start line
- （1）In order to ensure a safe and smooth start to the marathon, standby blocks will be set according to the times athletes declare when registering irrespective of whether they are registered with JAAF. Those who do not declare a time will start from the blocks at the rear of the line.
（2）You are required to answer "Past Record","The name of the event" and "Year" which you have received,if your Estimate time is less than 3 hours.
*Please declare certain your record,please also note the organizer may refer the records.
（3）The start line for the fun run will be set behind the last blocks for the marathon.
- （1）Marathon (overall): 1st – 8th place for both men and women separately
（2）Marathon (by age group): 1st – 3rd place for both men and women separately (24 years and under, 25 – 29 years (divided into 5-year age groups up until 74 years), 75 years and above)
※There is no award ceremony for (2). Certificates will be sent to winners at a later date
(3)Finishers certificate(with time records) will be given to all finishers on the day of the event.
- Bib Number Pickup
- November 9(Fri) & 10(Sat)
FUKUOKA MARATHON EXPO
Date: November 9(Fri) 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Tentative)
Date: November 10(Sat) 10:00 a.m, to 8:00 p.m. (Tentative)
Venue: Fureai Park (Western side of Fukuoka City Hall)
*Check-in will be closed on the day of the marathon.
*During check-in, entrants need to present something confirming their identity,such as an ID card(check-in by proxy is not permitted).
- Participation Awards
- T-shirt(T-shirt size chart) （JASPO standards)
Size SS/ S/ M/ L/ O/ XO
Height (approx.) 160cm/165cm/170cm/175cm/180cm/185cm
Chest size (approx.) 84cm/88cm/ 92cm/96cm/100cm/104cm
T-shirts size can not be changed after entry settled.
- 【Note for application】 Health & Medical Information
- ■All participants are expected to be trained and prepared for the race and will be held responsible for their own health and ability to run the race.
■The organizer will hold first aid when runners get injured or get sick, and will only give compensation to runners under the compensation insurance coverage by the organizer.
■Please be well prepared for marathons. We recommend you to follow 「10 Recommendations for the Safety of Citizen Marathon Runners」and get yourself well prepared for marathons. Let’s run safely!
【10 Recommendations for the Safety of Citizen Marathon Runners】
Prepared by the Guidelines Examination Committee of the Japanese Society of Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine, and the Medical Committee of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations.
1.Get plenty of nourishment and sleep as a matter of routine.
3.Get a medical check-up every year.
4.If you have a lifestyle disease, consult your physician to
5.Train in a well-planned manner.
6.Wear running apparel suitable for the temperature and humidity, and replenish your body's fluids at appropriate intervals.
7.Immediately stop running in the event of discomfort in the chest area, chest pains, cold sweat, dizziness, etc.
8.Promptly attend to any pain or cramp in the feet, legs, knees, back, etc.
9.Have the courage to quit if you are worried about your ability to finish the race or about your physical condition.
10.Learn how to perform CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
- 【Note for application 】Runners stop
- In the event of an emergency during the marathon, such as an accident or fire, emergency vehicles may be given access to anywhere along the course. In such cases, races will be temporarily halted on the instructions of staff.
- 【Note for application 】Rules concerning fancy dress
- The following rules concerning fancy dress are designed to ensure that everyone connected with FUKUOKA MARATHON, not only runners but also spectators and volunteers, can participate in a fun and safe environment. Before applying to compete in events, please make sure that you read and agree to abide by the following rules.
■Entrants competing in the registered athletes category are not permitted to run in fancy dress.
・Please apply for the general category if you wish to run in fancy dress.
・Note that registered athletes who run in the general category will not be eligible to have their times officially recorded.
■Those competing in events other than those in the registered category are not permitted to wear fancy dress costumes of a kind that are unsuitable for sporting events, such as those that contravene laws or go against public order and standards of decency, or those that compromise the safety or comfort of other runners and spectators.
（Examples of prohibited fancy dress costumes）
Costumes with the potential to injure other runners or that pose a risk to the health of the runner in question. Also, the wearing of items that cannot be easily removed.
E.g. Masks covering the entire face, character costumes covering the whole body
E.g. Costumes in which the runner is naked, in underwear or in a similar state
E.g. Clogs or sandals, long wedding dresses or kimonos
Carrying or wearing long or large objects that take up space, or other sharp or pointy objects.
E.g. Blades or rod-shaped objects, banner flags
E.g. Wearing gigantic objects
E.g. Wearing things with a pointy tip, such as suits of armor or helmets
Running while using musical instruments that make a loud noise or emit light, fireworks etc.
E.g. Playing audio devices or instruments such as whistles or guitars
E.g. Using devices such as cameras that emit a strong flash
Running in costumes intended to promote political or religious organizations or soliciting for donations or signatures, or running in costumes intended to promote the sale of products.
E.g. Wearing sashes or items of clothing printed with the names of political parties or religious names
E.g. Wearing items displaying content that promotes specific products
Entrants are prohibited from inviting non-entrants or pets onto the course to run with them. Entrants are also not allowed to run with baby strollers.
E.g. Running while carrying children or pushing a baby stroller
E.g. Inviting family, friends or acquaintances who are not entrants onto the course to run together.
- Handling of personal information
- 1)The organizers will handle all personal information based on policies on protecting personal information drawn up by the organizers in adherence to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws.
2)Personal information is used for the purpose of improving services for marathon entrants, such as the provision of race guides,notification of related information, provision of services from marathon sponsors, supporters and related organizations, the publication of records (rankings etc.), and surveys.
*Your name will be shown on Number card.
*Name,age and record those personal information will be released on the internet.
*In some cases, the organizers or Fukuoka Marathon Overseas Entry Help Desk will contact applicants to confirm their application details.
3)Placement and portrait rights on videos, images, reports, the names, ages, addresses (country,prefecture, city, municipality names), etc. of the participants for TV, newspapers, magazines, internet,etc. belong to the organizer.
The organizers or approved third parties may publish video footage for organizational and promotional purposes.
- Shuttle Bus
- Shuttle buses are available to transport marathon entrants from the finish location to JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station (free of charge), or to Tenjin/Hakata Stations (charged). Also, shuttle buses to transport supporters from around JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station to the finish location are available (free of charge).
Parking is not available at the venue. Please refrain from coming to the venue in a private vehicle or chartered bus.
Further details will be provided on the Marathon website at a later date.
- （1）The organizers will provide only first-aid treatment for accidents or injuries during the race and will compensate for them, if any, within the coverage of the insurance for which they have contracted. The organizers are not held liable for any further medical care or compensation.
（2）Parking is not available at the venue, so please use public transportation. The organizers will not be responsible for entrants arriving late due to public transport or road traffic conditions on the day of the marathon.
（3）The event will be conducted in compliance with all related laws and regulations of Japan.
（4）For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.
（5）Guidelines are subject to change. Announcements will be posted on the Fukuoka Marathon website.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Fukuoka Marathon 2018 Overseas Entry Help Desk|
|Application address||JTB SPORTS STATION|
|Business hours||09:30-17:30 (GMT +9) weekdays ONLY|
Fukuoka Marathon 2018 Overseas Entry Help Desk
JTB SPORTS STATION
9F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,
Chuo-ku,Osaka, Japan 541-0058
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
【Notes on applications】
（1）Entry fees/processing fees will not be refunded if the event is cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers, such as earthquakes, wind or flood damage, storms, snowfall, unforeseen occurrences, mishaps, epidemics, or other similar cases.
(2)The following will result in applications being rejected.
・False declaration of age, gender or address details for local applicants, or entry by a person other than the applicant (fraudulent entry) will not be tolerated.
・Duplicate applications for the same event by the same person (including duplicate applications both to individual and group categories, as well as applications for multiple groups by the same person) will not be refunded.
（3）Changes to or cancellation of race category for personal reasons cannot be made after you register. Please select a category that meets your physical condition.
（4）Overpayment or double payment cannot be returned.
(5)Applications made outside of the application period will be invalid will not qualify for the selection lottery and the processing fee will not be refunded.
(6)The organizers accept no responsibility for delays in applications as a result of postal conditions or defects with internet devices/lines.
(7)Inquiries cannot be made regarding the status of applications or selection results.
（8）No subsequent attempts to contact applicants will be made in the event of notices of non-delivery or letters not being delivered due to problems with registered email addresses or postal addresses.
(9)Minors must seek the consent of guardians before applying.