1st Japan's Northernmost Wakkanai Peace Marathon
Summary of the event
Banner for the event
*Non-Japanese living outside of Japan
*Non-Japanese living in Japan
*Japanese living outside of Japan
*first-come, first-served entries
If this is the first time you are using JTB sports station,you need to complete the process of new membership registration in advance.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Event day
- September 2 (Sunday), 2018 Rain or Shine
- Main venue
- Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park
- Full marathon: Cape Soya (starting point) to Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome (finish line)
2 km, 5 km and 8 km:Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome (starting point and finish line)
- Race list
- ◆Full marathon (42.195 km)
Maximum capacity:1,000 runners *Registration will close once the number of eligible applicants reaches this limit.
Eligibility:Aged 18 or older (excluding high school students)
*Participants must be able to run a full marathon within five-and-a-half hours Participation fee:9,000 yen
Prizes:Top three overall and top six in each division
1. Aged 29 or younger
2. Between the ages of 30 and 39
3. Between the ages of 40 and 49
4. Between the ages of 50 and 59
5. Aged 60 or older
Starting time: 9:05
Maximum capacity: No limit
Eligibility: 5th grade elementary school students or older
Participation fee:Elementary and junior high school students: 1,000 yen High school students or older: 2,000 yen
*Elementary and junior high school students living in the City of Wakkanai can participate free of charge.
Prizes: Top ten in each division
1. 5th and 6th grade elementary school students
2. Junior high school students
Starting time: 9:00
Maximum capacity: No limit
Eligibility:Junior high school students or older Participation fee: Junior high school students: 1,000 yen High school students or older: 3,000 yen
*Junior high school students living in the City of Wakkanai can participate free of charge.
Prizes: Top ten in each division
1.Aged 39 or younger
2.Aged 40 or older
- Participation fees include insurance premiums.
- Participation fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Separate entry fees, etc. will be borne by participants.
- Event schedule
- Day before the event: September 1, Saturday
- General information desk: 13:00–18:00 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
- Opening ceremony and welcome reception on the day before the race: 18:00–19:30
at Wakkanai Synthesis Cultural Center's Small Hall
Race day: September 2, Sunday
- General information desk: 5:00–16:00 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
- Baggage counter: 5:00–16:00 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
- Changing room : 5:00–16:00 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
- Start of transportation of full-marathon runners: 5:45–7:30 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
- Opening ceremony : From 8:00 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park（In front of Stage）
9:00 Full marathon (Japan's Northernmost Point)
8 km race (in front of the Northern Breakwater Dome)
9:05 5 km race (in front of the Northern Breakwater Dome)
9:10 Elementally school student from 3rd grade to 6th grade (2 km) (in front of the Northern Breakwater Dome)
9:15 Elementally school student 1st and 2nd grade / Pairs (2km) (in front of the Northern Breakwater Dome)
- Issue of completion certificates : After reaching the finish line–15:30 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
- Award ceremony : 10:30 : 2 km, 5 km and 8 km *An award ceremony will be held as soon as results are counted.
- Award ceremony( Full marathon) 13:00
- Race finish : 14:30
- Sale of foods, beverages and products: 10:30–16:00 at Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
- Competition rules
- - Competition rules are in accordance with 2018 regulations of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations and competition precaution statements for the event.
Point /Checkpoint closing time
The 1st checkpoint/15 km/11:00
The 2nd checkpoint/Halfway turn-around point/11:50
The 3rd checkpoint/30 km/12:55
The 4th checkpoint/35 km/13:35
- Race procedure
- - In the full-marathon division, checkpoint closing times are set as follows and runners arriving after these times will not be allowed to continue the race.
- Race officials will order any runner, who is unlikely to arrive before the next checkpoint closure after passing through a checkpoint, to stop racing in mid-course.
Please follow race officials' instructions.
- Runners who are behind checkpoint closure times and who are ordered to stop racing are requested to remove number cards and take a bus.
- Race finishes at 14:30.
- Starting order
- - Runners in the full-marathon division are requested to get to the starting line in the following order, following instructions from starters.
1 Guests/invited runners and runners registered with industrial associations
2 JAAF-registered runners
3 General runners (in the order of predicted time)
4 General runners (without predicted time)
- Record measurement
- - Runner's chips are used to measure records.
- You can receive the runner's chip when runners check-in.
- Please return your chip without fail after crossing the finish line.
- - Gross-time records (from start gun firing to finish) will be measured.
- Preliminary Record Reports will be issued for all finishers on the event day.
- After the event, records will be disclosed on the race website.
- Participation award
- - All participants in the full-marathon division who have paid participation fees will receive original T-shirts and towels, and
all participants in the other divisions who have paid participation fees will receive original towels.
- Completion award
- - All full-marathon runners who have run within the time limit will receive original completion medals.
- Opening ceremony and party on the day before the event
- - Date and time: September 1 (Saturday), 18:00–19:30
- Venue: Wakkanai Synthesis Cultural Center's Small Hall
- Participation fee: 3,000 yen
（The fee included for drinks and meals)
(no fee for high school students or younger runners)
- Maximum capacity: 150 participants (Registration will be closed as soon as applications reach this number.)
*Participants need to sign up for the opening ceremony and the party in advance; it is impossible to sign up on the day.
- Transportation of full-marathon runners
- The parking area is limited at the Japan's Northernmost Point due to it being the starting line of the full marathon,please use a free bus to the starting line if you are staying inside the city.
- Please take a free bus to the starting line as designated by the Executive Committee.
- The free bus service to Cape Soya after crossing the finish line will be available.
●Free bus to the starting line
1st bus 5:40 a.m.
2nd bus 7:30 a.m.
●Free bus to Cape Soya after crossing the finish line
1st bus 1:00 p.m.
2nd bus 2:00 p.m.
3rd bus 3:00 p.m.
4th bus 4:00 p.m.
- - As for accidents during the event, the organizers will not be able to compensate for any amount exceeding the limit amount of insurance benefits based on the event accident insurance.
- Water points
- - The 8 water points in total will set up approximately every 5 km for full-marathon runners.(Planned).
-The water point also will set up near the half way turn-around point for 8 km runners.
- The water point will set up at the finish line as well.
*There are no water points along the 2 km, parent-and-child pair and 5 km courses.
- - Please arrange accommodations for yourself. (The Secretariat doesn't arrange them.)
- The organizers will set up a baggage counter and keep baggage by using the predetermined bags to be distributed, but please take responsibility for your valuables.
- The organizers will keep baggage (except valuables) at the full-marathon starting line and take them to the finish line.
- The organizers will take out marathon insurance, but we hope that each of you will also take out your own sports accident insurance, etc.
As for injuries and accidents during the competition, the organizers will give first aid and transport injured persons,
but will not assume further responsibility. Please be sure that you understand this.
- Be sure to have a medical checkup before the race, and please don't join if it is impossible to run.
- If you dress up in costume, please comply with the following precautions when you join the event.
1. Costumes may endanger other runners.
2. Avoid wearing costumes that are highly likely to block the path of other runners.
3. Please understand that the organizers may prevent you from wearing a costume that they judge as inappropriate for the event other than by the rules mentioned above.
*Your participation may be suspended if your costume corresponds to one of the above-mentioned precautions.
In this case, participation fees will not be refunded.
- There is no division for wheel-chair participants in this event.
- Personal Information
- The event organizer values the importance of personal information. Entrants' personal information will be handled in accordance with the relevant laws and statutes concerning protection of personal information, and the privacy policies of the event organizing committee. Personal information will be used for published race times, as well as the improvement of services for all marathon entrants, including balloting, event guidance, registration notification, related event notifications, and other miscellaneous services from the marathon's supporting and related organizations.
*The event organizers may contact you to confirm the details of your registration.
- Ruuner's check in
- 【Date】：September 2 (Sunday), 2018 5：00 a.m. ～ 7：20 a.m.
【Venue】：Wakkanai Port Northern Breakwater Dome Park (finishing point)
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Executive Committee of Wakkanai Peace Marathon|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||9F, Hommachi Cross Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka|
|Business hours||Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 28th to Jan. 3th)|
1.The registered information (such as type of the event) cannot be modified or cancelled for any personal reasons after the registration. And if excessive payment or redundant payment happened, the registration fee will not be refunded.
2.In case of cancellation of the event due to reasons unrelated to the runner (such as earthquake, storm/flood, snow, incident, disease, or any other reasons), the registration fee will not be refunded.
3.Upon participating in the event, always care for your usual health and carry out adequate training, take a medical examination beforehand and confirm that you are free from any health problems such as heart problem, consider your physical condition on the event day, and participate at your own risk.
The organizer will only perform emergency measures for injuries during the competition. The organizer is not responsible for the method and progress of first aid measures.
4.If the organizer decides that it is difficult to continue the competition, please always follow the instructions such as the cancellation of the competition, etc. In addition, please follow safety management and other instructions from the organizer on safety management and event operation.
5.The organizers will not compensate for any accident, loss, illness happened during the race.
6.The compensation for any accident or injury will be executed within the scope of the marathon insurance (agreement fulfillment cost insurance)
7.For under-aged participants the approval from guardians is required to register for the race. Also, the approval of all group members is required for group registration.
8.Lying about your age or gender, or making others run instead of yourself is not allowed. As soon as the lie is revealed, the runner will face instant disqualification with cancellation of all awards and banned from participation in next events. Also, no aid and no refund will
9.The participants’ personal information (name, age, gender, records etc.), photos, videos, reports will be likely published or shown in newspapers, magazines , Internet, TV or other publishing with the purpose of advertising the event. The organizers have rights of use all of the above. Also, participants’full name, number, affiliation information will be published on the website.
10.The handling of personal information concerning applicants for the event is regulated by the guidelines separately stipulated by the organizer.
11.During the race, runners may be stopped to let emergency vehicles go. In this case, the time will not be adjusted.
12.As a rule, runners should run on their own. However, any disabled runner who finds it difficult to run alone may have an escort runner (only one person for free) depending on the degree of handicap. If that is the case, please be sure to make your request at the time of registration for entry. No requests will be accepted after that. The ID cards for escort runners will be issued following the designated procedures.