17th Higashine Cherry Marathon
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 03 Jun 2018〜03 Jun 2018
- Event venue
- Yamagata東根市 JSDF Camp Jinmachi and Jinmachi Fruit Line Course
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Participation application acceptance period
01 Feb 2018 00:00 ～ 31 Mar 2018 23:59
How about travel arrangements for accommodation and transportation?
Travel arrangements, availability from here.
Participation application acceptance period
09 Feb 2018 00:00 ～ 23 Apr 2018 23:59
Banner for the event
Objective: through this marathon, we aim to promote Higashine, Yamagata’s status nationwide as Japan’s foremost producer of Sato-Nishiki cherries.
Residents come together to welcome runners from across the country and invigorate the local economy and promote interaction and exchange that transcends the local region.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
*first-come, first-served entries
*Please note that the application period is Japan Time.
If this is the first time you are using JTB sports station,you need to complete the process of new membership registration in advance.
【Payment by credit card】
If after selecting payment by credit card, you do not enter the correct number or press the“Back”button while processing, your entry will not go through.
After registering, return to the My Page section and confirm that you have registered with“Payment Completely”displayed in the payment pane.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Sunday, June 3, 2018
- JSDF Camp Jinmachi and Jinmachi Fruit Line Course
- Higashine, Yamagata Prefecture.
- Higashine Cherry Marathon Executive Committee
- Capacity & Type
- * The number of capacity is 50 people for each category
1) Half-marathon (Male or Female, age 18-39, 40-59, and over 60)
2) 10km Run (Male or Female, high school-age students to 39, 40-50, and over 60)
3) 5km Run (Male or Female, high school-age students to 39, 40-50, and over 60)
4) 3km Run (Male or Female, elementary school upper grades students, junior high school students)
5) Family (Male or Female, a group of an elementary student from 1st to 3rd grade and a parent (2 people))
- Start Time
- 8:20 -- 5km Run
8:50 -- Half-Marathon
9:10 -- 3km Run
9:20 -- 10km Run
- Entry Fees (tax inclusive)
- General admission: 6,000 JPY
High school students: 4,500 JPY
Elementary and junior high school students: 4,000 JPY
Family: 7,000 JPY
- Those consenting to the terms of the event and able to complete it within the time limit.
- Time limit
- 3km Run -- 30 minutes
5km Run -- 50 minutes
10km Run -- 1.5 hours
Half-Marathon -- 2 hours 50 minutes
12km point -- 01:35:00, Checkpoint 1
15.5km point -- 02:05:00, Checkpoint 2
19.2km point -- 02:35:00, Checkpoint 3
4.5km point -- 00:45:00, Checkpoint 2
8.2km point -- 01:14:00, Checkpoint 3
3.2km point -- 00:30:00, Checkpoint 3
- Participation Awards
- Sato-nishiki cherries, Yamagata Tsuyahime rice balls.
An original T-shirt for all participants.
- Awards and participation prizes
- 1) 1st through 8th place -- certificate and prize (cherries)
1st through 3rd place also receive medals
2) Half-marathon winners (one male, one female) receive invitation to Honolulu Marathon
*Excludes persons previously invited
3) Certificate of completion to those finishing the marathon
*1st pace receives an award on stage, with 2nd through 8th places receiving the award at a separate location
4) Special award (participant from farthest distance, eldest participant)
5) Stepped prize (awarded to places in increments of 100 for each category)
- 1) Toshihiko Seko (Yokohama DeNA running club general manager)*Special guest for 60 year aniversary of city organization
2) Tetsuhiko Kin (professional running coach)
3) Masako Chiba (world track and field medalist)
4) Tsugiharu Ogiwara (sports caster and Nagano Olympic skiier representing Japan)
- 6:30 AM--12:30PM Participation prize exchange
7:30 AM--8:00 AM Opening ceremony
8:20 AM Events start
10:40 AM--11:40 AM Awards ceremony
11:40 AM--12:10 PM Fun events/closing ceremony
12:30 PM All events conclude
- Shuttle Bus
- Shuttle buses bound for the arena from Sakurambo Higashine Station or Higashine Onsen are available. Further information will be released later.
- Special Participation Award（Eyewear）
- 1000 sets (first come, first served) are available. Either private or family, only 1 set is available for each entry.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Higashine cherry marathon Organizing Committee|
[Higashine Cherry Marathon Registration Desk]
JTB Sports Station
7F, MPR Hommachi Bldg, 3-1-8, Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku,
Chuo-ku, Osaka, 541-0058, Japan
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 29th to Jan. 3rd)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
*Please read the below and apply only after having consented to the terms therein.
【Notes on application】
1. Participation is limited to those persons consenting to the meet terms and able to complete the race within the time limit.
2. While the organizer is enrolled in an insurance plan, this does not imply any liability for injury, loss, or damage to participants, with the exception of first aid.
3. In the event that you cancel your registration or do not appear at the race, admission feels will not be returned, and awards not conferred.
4. Changes to or cancellation of race category for personal reasons cannot be made after you register. Please select a category that meets your physical condition. (Attempting to race beyond one’s physical limits is dangerous.)
5．Falsified age, sex, and other applicant details, including running under the name of another party are strictly forbidden. Participation will be revoked.
6. Where earthquakes, flooding, or other abnormal weather conditions cause an accident for reasons not imputable to the race organizer and the organizer decides to suspend the race, admission fees are not returned. In said case, commemorative T-shirts will be mailed to participants at a later date.
7. Overpayment or double payment cannot be returned.
8. Elementary, middle, and high school students should apply with their age as of the new academic year.
9. Participants under age 18 must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian.
10．The rights to likeness and copyrights to content appearing on television and in newspapers, magazines, and online, including but not limited to video, photographs, articles, logs, applicant names, ages, addresses (country, state, and/or city) vest with the race organizer.
11．The race organizer shall strictly comply with laws and statutes on the protection of personal information when handling participant personal data. 12．This event shall strictly comply with all domestic laws and regulations.
【Notes on competition】
1. This event is held per the terms of the Higashine Cherry Marathon and meet regulations.
2. Participants are solely responsible for their own health, such as undergoing a health screening from a physician prior to participation. If you do not feel well on the day of the event, please drop out.
3. The day of the event is slated to have a high temperature, so take ample precautions to stretch in advance and hydrate yourself. Health consultations will be available to those seeking them on the morning of the event.
4. Participants must gather behind the start line 15 minutes before each race by themselves. Note that joining a race after it has started and the attendant car is set at the end line is not allowed.
5. Where the time limits and checkpoint times set for each race are exceeded and race representatives deem the athlete to be unable to continue racing, the athlete may be asked to forfeit. Follow the representatives’ directions and board the requisite bus, etc.
6. With the exclusion of parts of the course, the race runs on the left side of the road.
7. You may be required to give the right of way to emergency vehicles during the race.
8. Avoid wearing clothing or costumes that would disturb others or inhibit safety.
1. Those violating the Higashine Cherry Marathon prohibited terms (entering restricted areas, running unauthorized advertisements, holding rallies, political activities, etc.) will be dealt with in the strictest fashion.
2. Where your address changes after application, you must contact the entry secretariat. Failure to do so may cause your number card to not arrive.
3. Number cards will be sent out in late May through early June. Please bring them to the event. Note that these cards cannot be reissued.
4. Do not remove the time tracking rig installed on the back of the number card. You must return it at the end of the meet. Note that persons who will not be attending the event must place the rig in the included return envelope and return it by mail. If the rig is not returned, you will be charged for its replacement cost.
5. Note that the organize bears no liability for delays caused due to congestion of roads and public transit on the day of the event. We encourage you to arrive early.