Kasumigaura Marathon and International Blind Marathon 2018
Summary of the event
Banner for the event
*Non-Japanese living outside and inside of Japan
*Japanese living outside of Japan
*first-come, first-served entries
Entry period was extended by 13th of February!!
***Please be noted that your name is not shown on the event program if the participants who entry after 5th of January as original due date.***
If this is the first time you are using JTB sports station,you need to complete the process of new membership registration in advance.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date & Time
- Sunday, April 15, 2018
* Rain or Shine!
・10 Mile Run 9:20am
・Full marathon 10:00am
・5km Run 10:30am
- Event Venue
- Tsuchiura City,Ibaraki
- The start/finish lines are located at Kawaguchi Athletic Park area.
Midpoint is ahead of Kasumigaura City Folk Museum and the course goes along the shores of Lake Kasumigaura.
- Official Recognition
- Japan Association of Athletic Federations (JAAF) approved event
International Association of Athletics Federations(IAAF) approved course
International Paralympic Committee (IPC) approved event
*An athlete participating in the IPC Registration Division, needs to have a registered IPC Athletics License and to hold an international class prior to this competition for his/her results to be officially recognized for rankings and records.
- Above high school student (included High school student) on the day of the event for all 3 races.
* Non-Japanese living outside and inside of Japan
* Japanese living outside of Japan
- Competition Rules
- The races will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF), International Paralympic Committee (IPC) and this competition.
- Entry Fee
- Full Marathon / JPY 6,000
10mile Run / JPY 5,500
5km Run / JPY 4,500
200JPY from participation fee will be used for the development of guide dog and funds for water purification of Kasumigaura.
- Participation Awards
- 1. Options
Please select one of these two below upon registration.
A. An original T-shirt (XS, S, M, L, XL) for all participants
B. Local specialties
※Please make sure to receive one of your choice at the event venue as it will not be mailed to you.
2. Finisher's Certificate will be issued on the day of the marathon
Right after the goal, the finisher's certificate showing ranking, gross time, net time, and lap time will be provided to all participants completing the course before the time limit.
Braille service is available for the participants in Visually Impaired Division.
- General Division Top three male and female finishers
・Visually Impaired Division Top three male and female finishers
・IPC Registration Division Top three male and female finishers
- Supplementary Awards
- 1. General Division: Japan Tourism Agency Commissioner Award for the most outstanding runner
2. Visually Impaired Division: Minister of Education Award for the most outstanding runner ← Pending Approval
3. Full marathon/10 Mile Run: Several best runners will be invited to an overseas marathon.
( Sydney )
4. Lucky Award （Angkor Wat）
- Event agreement
- ・Participants shall be responsible for taking full control of your own health care. Please try to be in the best physical conditions possible and get a medical checkup prior to the event.
・Participants who are determined unfit to continue the race by a competition officer may be disqualified.
・Entry fees will not be refunded in the case of event cancellation due to conditions beyond the control of the organizers.
・The organizers will not be responsible for delayed arrival of participants on the day of the race due to public transport or road traffic conditions.
・Wearing or displaying any designs and trademarks representing company/brand names and such for advertising purposes within the event venue or on the courses is prohibited.
・Participants shall comply with instructions by the organizers regarding any event-related matters not covered above.
- Time measurement chip
- The chip is attached directly to the race number card. Please DO NOT try to remove it.
※ Please read the reference enclosed with the race number card for further information.
※ In the case of entry cancelling after completing the registration, please make sure to return the chip by return envelope enclosed with the race number card. (2,000 JPY of actual cost of the chip will be charged for any chips not returned.)
For the purpose of contributing to more efficient operation of the event, personal information may be used by the organizers, or supplied to cooperating/supporting organizations, to deliver the participation guidelines, results notifications, related information and next year’s event notification, to announce race records and for emergency measures and collaboration among medical service facilities, as well as for providing services by event sponsors and cooperating/supporting organizations. The organizers or outsourcing contractors may contact participants to confirm application details.
- Time Limit
- 1. Full Marathon 6 hours (Time Limit:2 hours and 15 minutes at 17km mark)
2. 10mile Run 2 hours (Checkpoint will be placed)（Time Limit: 1 hour and 45 minutes at 14km mark)
3. 5km Run 40 minutes
Participants who miss cut-off times for each checkpoints or the goal will be disqualified from the race. If you receive a stop instruction, please remove your race number card. Choices will be given either to continue along the side of the road obeying all pedestrian laws, or to be picked up by an official bus for the participants.
- Visually Impaired Division
- T-11: No light perception in either eye, up to some light perception but inability to recognize the shape of a hand at any distance or in any direction."
T-12: From ability to recognize the shape of a hand up to visual acuity of 2/60 or a visual field of less than 5 degrees."
T-13: From visual acuity above 2/60 to visual acuity of 6/60 and/or visual field of above 5 degrees and less than 20 degrees."
※ Participants in B3 class who run with a guide runner are not eligible for winning awards.
※ Only IPC registered athletes can apply for the IPC Registration Division.
※ Visually impaired participants who need a guide runner must make a request upon application for entry.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||[Kasumigaura Marathon Registration Desk]|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||7F, Hommachi MPR Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,|
|Business hours||Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30|
[Kasumigaura Marathon Registration Desk]
JTB Sports Station
7F, Hommachi MPR Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 28th to Jan. 3th)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
*Participants shall be responsible for taking full control of your own health care. Please try to be in the best physical conditions possible and get a medical checkup prior to the event.
*Participants who are determined unfit to continue the race by a competition officer may be disqualified.
*Entry fees will not be refunded in the case of event cancellation due to conditions beyond the control of the organizers.
*The organizers will not be responsible for delayed arrival of participants on the day of the race due to public transport or road traffic conditions.
*Wearing or displaying any designs and trademarks representing company/brand names and such for advertising purposes within the event venue or on the courses is prohibited.
*Participants shall comply with instructions by the organizers regarding any event-related matters not covered above.