Kyoto Marathon 2018【JSS Members Special Plan】
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 18 Feb 2018〜18 Feb 2018
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Just a few left
*If or are displayed, it might be a case of not able to participate to apply your family and friends.
Participation application acceptance period
31 Oct 2017 17:00 ～ 26 Nov 2017 17:00
Banner for the event
The entry period has been extend till 5:00 p.m. 26th November, 2017!!!
This is the last chance for running on a fascinating journey through the "City of International Culture and Tourism."
*This plan is indicated for JTB Sports Station members only.
* Guaranteed Entry to the Marathon + Original T-shirts=18,000JPY /person
(The photo is from last year. We will provide you this years model.)
This page is intended to be used by foreign entrants who live overseas and within Japan, and Japanese who live overseas only.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date & Times
- Sunday, February 18, 2018 (rain or shine)
9:00 am Marathon starts
3:00 pm Marathon ends
- Runner Check-In
- February 16, 2018（Friday） 11:30 am - 8:00 pm (last entry)
February 17, 2018（Saturday）10:30 am - 7:00 pm (last entry)
Place: Miyako-Messe (Kyoto International Exhibition Hall)
9-1, Okazaki Seishoji-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City
8 minutes walk from Higashiyama Station on the Kyoto Municipal Subway Tozai Line
※Each runner must show up in person for check-in during the two days prior to the day of the event to receive a race bib, etc. Please note that no check-ins will be accepted on the day of the event or at any time other than the periods specified above.
※A form of ID for identity verification (original) is required to receive a race bib. Runners must register in person (no proxies allowed).
※Any participant with a disability who intends to run with an escort runner is required to bring an official document certifying their physical disability and must be accompanied by the escort runner when checking in.
- Events / Participant Limit / Time Limit / Entry Fee
Participant Limit: 16,000 participants
It's almost full of entry,please hurry up if you would like to participate in.
・Time limit: 6 hours (Start time is based on signal gun time)
・Guaranteed Entry to the full marathon + Original T-shirts=18,000JPY /person
- The race course will start at Nishikyogoku Athletic Park and finish in front of Heian-jingu Shrine (course is certified by JAAF, IAAF, and AIMS)
Please note that the course includes unpaved riverside paths which may be difficult to run on in rainy weather.
- Competition Rules
- The race will be conducted in accordance with the 2017 rules and regulations of the JAAF and of this competition.
- Closing Times at Each Closing point (CP)
- For reasons of traffic control, security, and event operations, the closing time will be enforced at each closing point.
Regardless of the time limit at closing points, during the race, if a contestant's progress is extremely delayed, race officials may disqualify them from the race
- Participants must:
1) have been born before April 1, 1999
2) Be able to complete the race within 6 hours. (Participation in wheelchairs is not permitted.)
Any disabled runner who finds it difficult to run alone may have an escort runner (guide dogs not allowed).
- 1) Men and women: First 20 runners (each category)
2) Men and women by age group (5-year increments): First 3 runners (each group)men's and women's
At the awards ceremony, awards will be presented to the top 8 runners in the categories.) Certificates will be sent to other award-winning runners at a later date.
- 1. Up-to-the-minute reports on the race (Runner Updates) will be available online, which may be used by runners to check their times and for spectators to cheer on the runners.
2. Runners who finish the course will receive their race completion certificates issued on the day of the event as an interim confirmation of course completion
3. At a later date, via our website, certificates of record will be issued to JAAF-registered athletes, and fighting-spirit certificates, which indicate times up to the point of withdrawal, to participants who have not completed the race*
*Those who have run 5 km or more are eligible.
- Donations for reconstructin from the Great East Japan Tohoku Eartbquake
- Applicants will be asked to offer a voluntary donation (in 500 yen increments). Once their participation has been confirmed, they will be requested to pay the sum of the entry fee and the donation. The donation amounts entered on application forms cannot be changed.
- Commemorative Gifts
- ◎For every participant: Kyoto Marathon 2018 original Buff
- Originating in Spain, a “Buff” is a multi-purpose item that may be used as a headband, neck warmer, etc. During summer months, it may be used for sun protection.
◎ For finishers: Finisher’s towel and medal
Additionally,you can get this years model T-shirts with this special plan.
- Lining Up at the Start
- 1. To ensure an orderly safe start, marathon runners with the best full/half marathon time records in the past three years will be allocated first to different waiting zones in order of their time records, regardless of whether they are registered with JAAF. Then runners who report their estimated finish time will be allocated in order of their estimated finish time. Runners who do not report a time record or an estimated finish time will be asked to start from the end of the line. Participants who apply using false best time declarations will be disqualified from both this and all future Kyoto Marathon races.
2. Before the race starts, all participants are requested to observe a moment of silence to pray that the souls of the many victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake rest in peace.
3. As a protective measure against cold weather before the starting gun goes off, a runners may wear a sweater, jacket or any other garment that they will no longer need. These items of clothing will be collected and reused/recycled.
- Health Management
- In the event of an accident occurring during the race, the organizers will take emergency measures and compensate for damages under the coverage of the organizers’ insurance.
However, the organizers assume no responsibility for any damages that may be incurred thereafter.
Participants are requested to take responsibility for managing their own health and refrain from participating if they are not in good health, it is recommended that participants check their condition beforehand by having a medical checkup).
- Possible Interruptions
- Should any emergency, such as an accident or fire, occur during the race, emergency vehicles may pass through on the course.
In such cases, runners are asked to follow instructions from event staff and may be requested to stop temporarily.
- Costumes Prohibited
- 1. Because the Kyoto Marathon course includes narrow stretches, running in costumes is prohibited in order to ensure safe negotiation of the course by the runners.
2. Runners will not be permitted to wear and/or display any designs, trademarks, etc. that indicate the names of companies or products for advertising purposes at any event venue (including on the course).
- Portrait Rights
- The organizers will retain the rights to broadcast, publish, and post images/photos and video of and articles about the race, the names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture or city/town), and finishing times of applicants, etc. via TV programs, newspapers, magazines, websites, and other media.
The organizers may use third parties to sell photos and other goods related to the event as deemed appropriate.
- The organizers fully recognize the importance of personal information, comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws of Japan, and handle such information in accordance with the organizers’ policy to protect personal information.
In order to offer better services to the participants, the organizers will use such personal information for the purposes of sending participation guidelines, giving notification of time records and related information, providing services by co-sponsoring, cooperating, and supporting organizations and other related organizations, and announcing race records (rankings, etc.).
1. Runners' personal information, including name, age demographic, affiliation, and time records, will be published online.
2. The organizers or Kyoto Marathon Entry Center may contact applicants to confirm application details.
- In addition to the above, participants are requested to follow the organizers’ instructions on any and all matters concerning the event.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Kyoto Marathon 2018 Entry Desk|
|Business hours||Office hours 9：30～17：30|
Kyoto Marathon Entry & Hotel Reservation Desk
JTB Sports Station
7F MPR Honmachi Bldg 3-1-8, Minamikyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3th)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
1）Multiple applications by the same person will result in rejection from the lottery.
2）The JAAF registration status of athletes will be verified during the application process. Athletes are advised to check their status and enter accurate registration data in their applications.
3）Once an application has been accepted, the contents of the application cannot be changed, the application cannot be cancelled, and entry fees will not be refunded.
4）False statements of age, sex, time records, etc. are strictly prohibited. Proxies and/or assignments of rights are also not permitted. Should any such acts be discovered, the entry/award in question will be cancelled, entry fees and charges will not be refunded, and future applications for the Kyoto Marathon will not be accepted.
5）In the case of the event’s cancellation or scaling down due to earthquake, wind and flood damage, snowfall, submersion of the riverbank, incidents, accidents, epidemic disease, or any other reasons not attributable to the organizers, entry fees and other charges will not be refunded.
6）The organizers assume no responsibility for applications that are delayed due to poor conditions of postal services or internet connections.
7）Online applications may not be successfully processed depending on device, operating system, browser software, etc. used by the applicant.
8）Neither the Entry Center nor the event secretariat will respond to inquiries by phone about the number of applications accepted or lottery results.
9）Delivery will not be tracked in the case of failed/delayed delivery of lottery results due to incorrect e-mail/postal addresses provided by applicants.
10）Any overpaid/double-paid fees will not be refunded.
11）No receipt for the entry fee will be issued. For credit card transactions, the card issuer's statement/bill may be used as a certificate of payment.
12）Kyoto Marathon 2018 will be held in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in Japan.
13) We will provide anonymous information regarding symptoms and other conditions of rescued people on the day of the event to the research organizations in order to help future medical relief system.