The 9th Biwako Lake Side Marathon 2018
Summary of the event
Banner for the event
This page is intended to be used by foreign entrants who live overseas and within Japan, and Japanese who live overseas only; any applications submitted by entrants of Japanese who lives in Japan will be considered invalid.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date & Time
- (Sunday) February 25, 2018
Half marathon AM 9: 00 start / 12km AM 9: 00 start (planned)
- [Half Marathon] (Unofficial Course)
Otsuko - Nagisa Park - Omi Bridge - Yabaseki Tailed Island - Sazanami Roadway - Kusatsu City Karasuma Peninsula Port Front
- Lake shore road inside the Karasumaru peninsula - Lakeshore green area (Akanoi Yoshikawa area) Return - Kusatsu city Karasuma peninsula port front
Nagisa Park - Omi Bridge - Yabaseki Tailed Island - Sazanami Roadway - Kusatsu City Karasuma Peninsula Port Front
* Courses use sidewalks and administrated roads. (Some roads will be used)
- Eligibility & Fees
1. Half Marathon...Those who are the age of 18 or older on the day of the event (high school students are not allowed)
12km...Those who are the age of 15 or older on the event day (junior high school students are not allowed)
2. Please make sure that the participant is a person who has received medical examination and is proved to be healthy.
(On the day of the event, first aid measures will be taken against accidents etc., but no further responsibility will be assumed)
3. Those who have difficulty running alone can have an escort runner. (Guide dogs are not allowed as an escort)
4. Half marathon should be run in about 2 hours and 30 minutes, 12 km in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
Half Marathon...4,000 yen (insurance included)
12km...3,000 yen (insurance included)
- Half Marathon...1500 persons (First-paid, first-served basis)
12km ...1500 persons (First-paid, first-served basis)
Depending on the number of applications, we will conduct a wave start.
- Course rules
- 1. No help, including escort runner and supplementation of any food and drink, is accepted for the race.
2. Runners must always keep to the left on the racing courses.
3. Except for some sections in which runners need to run on driveways, runners must always run on administrative road. If a runner runs on a driveway despite the availability of the administrative road, they may be disqualified because it is regarded as a dangerous action.
- Cut-off times
- The finish line will be closed when the following time has elapsed since the start:
Half marathon: 2 hours 30 minutes (8 minutes/km)
12km race: 1 hour and 40 minutes (8 minutes/km)
- Closure of Barrier
- When an outstanding delay in progression of the race is expected, the race may be stopped at the chief judge and/or a course judge's decision terms of the competition management.
- Check-in (Reception)
- February 25, 2018 (Sun)
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Check-in desks set up at in front of Otsu Port
5-1-1 Hamaotsu, Otsu-shi, Shiga Prefecture
7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Check-in desks set up in Sunshine Beach (Nagisa Park)
No. 5 Yumihama, Otsu-shi, Shiga Prefecture
- Awards, participation gift and completion certificates
(1) Medals will be given to the top male and female finishers in all race events, and award certificates will be given to the second to eighth place male and female finishers in all race events.
(2) Sun Chlorella Award will be given as a special award.
Participation gift (souvenir) will be given to all participants.
Completion certificates will be given to all finishers.
- (1) The event organizer will provide participants with sports insurance. The event organizer will provide first aid when an accident occurs but accept no responsibility after that.
(2) Finishers will be transferred by bus and steamer.
(3) The use of cars in the courses and lakeside parking lot is prohibited to avoid traffic congestion.
(4) The right to post/place information including videos, photos, articles, names and records of the participants during the race events on media such as TV, newspapers, magazines and the Internet belongs to the event organizer.
(5) The courses are subject to change without notice when a problem has occurred on the courses due to weather and/or a natural disaster.
(6) The race events will be canceled if any weather warning (storm, heavy rain, heavy snow, flood, etc.) has been announced in Shiga Prefecture as of 5:00 am. on the day (25th) of the race or if it is clearly predictable that such a weather warning will be issued in Shiga Prefecture soon because a warning had already been issued in neighboring prefectures or municipalities by that time.
(7) Even if no weather warning has been announced as of 5:00 am. on the day of the race, if any weather warning is announced after that, the race events will be canceled at that point.
(8) If the event organizer finds snow fall or road surface freeze to be dangerous to run, the race events will be discontinued.
(9) Entry fees will not be refunded even if the race events are canceled or discontinued due to a bad road condition resulting from a severe weather, snow fall, or road surface freeze.
- (1) Entry fees will not be refunded when the race events are canceled for a reasons not attributed to the event organizer.
(2) No help, including escort runners and supplementation of any food and drink, is accepted for the race.
(3) Runners must run on the left side of the courses.
(4) With a view to improving the services to event participants, the event organizer uses event participants' personal information for providing race information, race record information and related information, receiving services from sponsors and cooperative organizations, and recording details of the race events.
(5) The event organizer gives all participants marathon insurance. The event organizer will provide first aid to the participants when an accident occurs but accept no responsibility after that.
(6) The event organizer transports participants' baggage from the start point to the finish point.
(7) After the completion of the race events, participants will be transferred to major stations (JR Kusatsu Station and JR Otsu Station), air ports, and ports by bus. Participants who request will be transferred to Prince Hotel Port and Otsu Port by ship of Biwako Kisen. If it is difficult to transfer participants by ship due to unavoidable reasons such as inclement weather, we will use shuttle buses.
(8) The use of cars in the courses and lakeside parking lot is prohibited to avoid a traffic jam.
(9) The courses are subject to change without notice when a problem has occurred on the courses due to weather and/or a terrestrial disaster.
(10) Lake Biwa service roads and walkways are used as courses for the race events. Pay careful attention to running on the courses. (No traffic regulations will be taken.)
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||JTB Sports Station|
|Application address||3-1-8, Minami-Kyuhoji-machi, Chuo-ku|
|Business hours||Office Hours: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm Office Closed: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays|
JTB Sports Station
7F, MPR Honmachi Bldg., 3-1-8, Minami-Kyuhoji-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka,541-0058, Japan
Office Hours: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Office Closed: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays
**Japan Standard Time (GMT+8)** closed from the Dec 30th to Jan 3th
* Participants must agree to the following registration terms.
1. Change of race event, cancellation of registration, transfer of rights, and change of participant's name for participants' own reasons will not be accepted after registration is completed. Entry fees that have been paid excessively or redundantly will not be refunded. Even if one has paid their entry fee within a time limit of payment, the registration may become invalid depending on the date of payment when the number of applicants exceeds the registration capacity. In such cases, entry fees will be refunded in the way determined by the event organizer.
2. Whether the events should be decreased in size, canceled, or discontinued due to an unforeseen situation (for example, earthquake, wind and flood damage, snow fall, icy pavement, incident, and plague), whether entry fees should be refunded or not, what percentage of entry fees should be refunded, and how to inform the participants of such information will be determined by the event organizer accordingly.
3. I have no diseases including heart disease, and intend to take care of my health and have sufficient training for the race events. I accept personal responsibility for injuries, accidents, and loss of belongings during the race events.
4. I will obediently follow the event organizer's instructions on discontinuation of the competition if the condition is determined as inappropriate for continuing the competition by the event organizer during the race events. I will follow the event organizer's instructions on safety management and competition management as well.
5. I have no objection to receiving first-aid treatment if I get injured during the race events. I will not question the responsibility of the event organizer about the method of the first-aid treatment and the course of injury.
6. I will exempt the event organizer from responsibility for accidents, loss and injuries during the race events, and will not claim compensation for damages.
7. I accept that the compensation to be paid for accidents and/or injuries during the race events is within the coverage of the insurance provided by the event organizer.
8. My family members and relatives (and guardian if the participant is a minor) or my team members (if the entry is made as a group) have consented to my participating in the competition.
9. I pledge to declare the truth about my personal information such as my age and gender, and will never have a vicarious runner participate the competition. If such a dishonest act is found out, I will follow the event organizer's such decision as cancellation of my participation to the competition or commendation as well as disqualification for my participation in the next and subsequent race events. I understand that the event organizer assumes no responsibility for aid and refund to participants of such false declaration and vicarious runners.
10. I accept that videos, images, photos, articles, and records that include my personal information, such as my name, age, gender, record, and photos, may be put, placed, and/or used on such media as newspaper, television, magazines, the Internet, and pamphlets. I also understand that the rights to use such personal information belong to the event organizer.
11. Handling of participants' personal information shall be governed by terms of competition described separately.
12. In addition to terms in the above event agreement, participants shall follow the rules for competition determined separately by the event organizer. (If there are any inconsistencies between them, the rules for competition will take priority.)
[Handling of personal information]
The event organizer shall recognize the importance of personal information, observe the laws related to protection of personal information strictly, and handle personal information under the event organizer's personal information protection policy. With a view to improving the services to event participants, the event organizer shall use event participants' personal information for providing race information, race record information, related information, and information on the next competition, receiving services from sponsors and cooperative organizations, and announcing race records (ranking). The event organizer or its outsourcing contractor may contact participants to confirm their registration information and/or conduct an interview for producing a program.