2017 Guide to the 10th Moniwakko Marathon in Iizaka, the Home of Hot Springs
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 05 Nov 2017〜05 Nov 2017
- Event venue
- FukushimaIizaka Parking area at the Moniwa No Yu
- Event type
- The number of capacity
*If or are displayed, it might be a case of not able to participate to apply your family and friends.
Participation application acceptance period
31 May 2017 ～ 20 Sep 2017
Banner for the event
Application deadline is extended!!! till the 20th of September
This event is being held to help boost regional tourism, revitalize the local economy, improve the health of local residents and promote sports.
1.)Collaborating “OMOTENASHI” event “Iizaka onsen food festival”
“Iizaka onsen food festival” will take place for both the 10th Moniwakko Marathon in Iizaka, the Home of Hot Springs participants and the visitor of Iizaka Hot Springs.
**Why don't you to have unforgettable communication with other runners and visitor through this “OMOTENASHI” event.
Event date : the 4th of November : Pre-event festival for the 10th Moniwakko Marathon / the 5th of November: the marathon day
Event venue : “ PARUSE Iizaka Convention hall ”
Acccess : http://www.paruse.jp/Access/Access.html
The fantastic foods and drinks which are made of local ingredient from Iizaka as well as Fukushima prefecture,will be provided at PARUSE Iizaka convention hall.
This grateful “OMOTENASHI” event is designed by NPO Iizaka Supporters Club and cooperated with Tohoku Food Marathon& Festival.
“47 club” is also planning to join cosponsored by FUKUSHIMA-MINPO CO., LTD.
For further information, we are going to inform you at official web site as below;
2.) You may become an owner of “Local Fruits tree”
The ownership of “Fruits tree” is gathering by Farmer in Iizaka where it's called as “the village of Hot Springs and Fruits”, will be offered as a prize of lottery supported by JAL.
**What is “Tree Ownership System of fruit”
The "tree Ownership System of fruit", an annual contract, will become a tree of the owner of the four types of fruit such as peaches, apples, and grapes, pears.
You can experience Hanami (artificial pollination), thinning out for fruit, planting and harvesting.
Of course, you can have all harvested fruits, that's because you are owner of the tree.If it's difficult to come to Garden in harvest time, the fruits will be sent to the owner farmers. The lowest yields in environment-friendly fruit cultivation also with confidence because we guarantee your contract.
For the detail of the "tree Ownership System of fruit", please check the following website
We are planning many other rich and superior lottery prize such as hotel voucher, local Sweets and Specialty,Etc.,please don’t miss participate in this special opportunity!!
00:00 a.m. of Wednesday, May 31 2017 to 11:59 p.m. of Wednesday, September 20 2017
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
Welcome to Iizaka Onsen! For further information, please click here.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date & Time
- Full Marathon starts 9:30 AM on November 5, 2017 (Sunday)
- Parking area at the Moniwa No Yu (Moniwa Hot Spring) in Moniwa, Iizaka-machi, Fukushima City
- Runner's check-in
- <The day before the event>
Date: Starts 5:30 p.m. on November 4 2017 (Saturday)
Location: Paruse Iizaka (provisional)
<On Event day>
To be advised
*Details will be advised in the final information send 2 weeks before the event.
- Start time
- Full Marathon : 09:30 a.m.
Half Marathon : 09:35 a.m.
10 Km Run : 09:40 a.m.
- Full Marathon
10 Km Run
- Entry Fee
- Full Marathon 7,000 JPY
Half Marathon 6,000 JPY
10 Km Run 5,000 JPY (High school student's participation fee is 2,000 yen）
- Time Limit
- Full Marathon/ 6 hours
Half Marathon/ 3 hours
10km Run/ 1 hour 30 minutes
- Entry requirements:
- Participants must meet the age requirements for the relevant category.
Male and female participants must be in good health and able to complete the race within the target times set by the event organizers.
- No. of entrants:
- Full Marathon + Half Marathon: 1,200 people
10km Run: 300 people
- National routes and city roads, with the parking area at the Moniwa no Yu (Moniwa Hot Spring) serving as the start and finish point.
* The approved course of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations is no longer in use.
- Participation Awards: Run completion certificate (walk completion certificate), bath towel, mushroom soup, ¥300 gift coupon.
Lottery Awards: Local products, etc.
Winner Awards: The winners can choose one item from among a selection of prizes, including a commemorative shield, rice, and apples.
- Pre-event festival:
- Date: Starts 5:30 PM on November 4 (Saturday)
Location: Paruse Iizaka (provisional)
Fee: Free of charge (Only for the runner)
Fee: 2,000 JPY Per person (Companion)
Overseas runners will be invited from organizer of Iizaka Marathon Executive Committee.
- Medical support
- Doctors and nurses will be present at the venue and automated external defibrillators (AEDs) will be available.
It will take approximately 20 minutes for an ambulance to arrive at the site.
- Accident insurance:
- Payment for out-patient treatment: ¥2,000 per day; payment for hospitalization: ¥5,000 per day; payment for death or physical injury: ¥3,500,000.
* If you consider the above payments to be insufficient, please take out your own insurance.
- Traffic restrictions
- National Route 399 and the city roads in Moniwa ward will be completely closed to all traffic.
(9:00 AM–5:00 PM)
* The above restrictions will be lifted for the stretch between Masuzawa and the Surikamigawa Dam Management Office on National Route 399 at 11:30 AM.
* Restrictions will also be lifted for city roads in Naka-moniwa ward at 11:30 AM.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Iizaka Marathon Executive Committee|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||7F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,541-0058,Japan|
|Business hours||9:30 - 17:30 (Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd)|
Organizer: Iizaka Marathon Executive Committee
(Office located in the NPO Iizaka Supporters Club)
26 Yuzawa, Iizaka-machi, Fukushima City, 960-0201
Tel.: 024-529-6125 Fax: 024-529-6126
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Contact: Sato)
1. Although emergency first-aid will be provided, event organizers accept no responsibility for any injuries, illnesses, lost items or accidents that may occur. Each participant is responsible for his/her own health. If you feel unwell, please withdraw from the race.
2. You cannot change categories or cancel your entry for personal reasons once you have submitted your application.
3. Overpayments or duplicate payments will not be refunded.
4. The entry fee will not be refunded if the event is cancelled due to reasons outside the control of the event organizers.
5. False declarations (concerning age and gender) and participation by anyone other than the applicant (i.e. fraudulent participation) are prohibited. In a case such as this, the participant will be disqualified from the event.
6. Event footage, photographs, articles and individual course times may be used in media such as newspaper articles, television programs, and online content. The publishing rights to such materials belong to the event organizers.
7. In addition to the above application terms, the organizers will run the event in accordance with the event regulations.
【Handling of personal information】
Recognizing the importance of personal information, the event organizers will handle such information in strict accordance with laws concerning its protection as well as other related laws and ordinances. With the aim of improving services for participants, the event organizers will use the personal information they receive for the following purposes: to notify participants of event details, course times, and other related information; to inform participants of future events and offer services from cooperating, partner, or related organizations; and to announce course times (rankings, etc.). The event organizers or a contracted third-party may also use such information to contact you about the content of your application.