The 35th Niigata City Marathon 2017
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 09 Oct 2017〜09 Oct 2017
- Event venue
- NiigataNiigata http://www.denka-bigswan.com/
- Event type
- The number of capacity
Participation application acceptance period
17 Apr 2017 12:00 ～ 09 Jul 2017 23:59
Banner for the event
By holding the course along the rich waterside, one can feel Niigata, “the city of water," through urban areas symbolic of Niigata City, including Masaya Koji and Bandai Bridge, the Shinano River, and the Sea of Japan. Showing our attractions and charm nationwide, we aim to realize a bright and rich Niigata City, full of sports.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
If this is the first time you are using JTB sports station,you need to complete the process of new membership registration in advance.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Race Name
- The 35th Niigata City Marathon 2017- the 10th year anniversary of becoming an official, cabinet-designated city.
- By holding the course along the rich waterside, one can feel Niigata, “the city of water," through urban areas symbolic of Niigata City, including Masaya Koji and Bandai Bridge, the Shinano River, and the Sea of Japan. Showing our attractions and charm nationwide, we aim to realize a bright and rich Niigata City, full of sports.
- Niigata City Marathon Executive Committee / Niigata City / Niigata City Athletic Field Association
- Date and Time
- 9th October, 2017 Monday/Holiday, (Rain or shine)
8:30 a.m. Marathon and Fun Run Start
3:30 p.m. End
- Race Rules
- JAAF (Japan Association of Athletics Federations) Competition Rules and the Niigata City Marathon 2017 Regulations
- Events, Divisions and Eligibility, Capacity and Time Limits
- [ Full marathon: 42.195km ]
Divisions and Entry Requirements
1.Registered section: Registered with the JAAF and birthdate before 1st April 1999.
2.General section: Birthdate before 1st April 1999.
* requires consent of a guardian for under 20 years of age.
Capacity and Time Limit
Completion within 7 hours
[ Fun Run / 10.6 km ]
Divisions and Requirements
1.Registered section: Registered with the JAAF and birthdate before 1st April 2002.
2.General section: Birthdate before 1st April 2002.
*requires consent of a guardian for under 20 years of age.
Capacity and Time Limit
Completion within 1 hour and 50 minutes
*Persons with disabilities who have difficultly running without support may run with an assistant (running with guide dog is not permitted)
* Wheelchair participation is not permitted.
- (1) Marathon (42.195 kilometers) ※ Planned JAAF official course
START in front of Denka Big Swan Stadium ⇒ Shinano River Right Bank ⇒ Bandai Bridge ⇒ Masaya Koji (turn around) ⇒ Shinano River Left Bank ⇒ Niigata Minato Tunnel (turn around) ⇒ By the sea of Japan ⇒Sekiya bunsuiro (flood control channel) ⇒ along the Shinano River ⇒FINISH at Niigata City Athletic Stadium
(2) Fun Run (10.6 km) ※ Planned JAAF official course up to the 10 km point
START in front of Denka Big Swan Stadium⇒ Shinano Right Bank ⇒ Bandai Bridge ⇒ Shinano River Left Bank ⇒ FINISH at Niigata City Athletic Stadium
- Start Positioning
- Blocks will be divided according to the best times in the past 3 years. The validity period for the best times is from April 1, 2014 to March 31, 2017. Records may be verified by the secretariat, and false declarations are subject to disqualification. Those without a best time within the validity period are to declare the expected time.
※ Block order: ① JAAF Registrants ② Those with the best times (in order of time)
③ Those with expected times (in order of time) ④ Those with incomplete records
- Recording / Measurement
- (1)Recorded at the following points:
[Marathon] 10 points:
Start, 5 km, 10 km, 15 km, 20 km, 25 km, 30 km, 35 km, 40 km, Finish
[Fun Run] 3 points:
Start, 10 km, Finish
(2)Determination of arrival order and time recording are performed with a timing chip. The chip should be securely fastened to the shoelaces or strap with the included twist tie. If the timing chip is forgotten or not attached properly, it cannot record and will result in runner disqualification.
(3)Ranking is determined by gross time (time from the start pistol).
(4)Finisher certificates will be issued to Marathon and Fun Run runners at an issuing location within the track and field stadium post-race.
(5)Finisher certificates will have the official record (gross time), reference record (net time measured from passing the start line) and split times (every 5 km in the marathon and 10 km point in the fun run).
- ①Overall: men and women, 1st to 8th place
②By age: men and women, 1st to 3rd place per group (29 years old or younger, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and older)
(excluding award recipients in ①)
※ For overall awards, a ceremony will be held on the day. By age awards will be sent by mail.
※ In addition, a "skipping prize" will be established according to ranking.
- Check Points · Reminders
- (1) In order to ensure smooth general transportation and the safety of the runners, multiple checkpoints will be established within the course and closing times will be set for each checkpoint. Runners cannot continue the competition after a checkpoint closure. In addition, a referee may instruct the cancellation of the competition, in case of significant delay, even before checkpoint closure.
(2) If an emergency occurs, such as an accident or fire during the competition, there is the possibility that emergency vehicles will pass through the course. In this case, the race will be temporarily stopped according to instructions from the staff.
[List of checkpoint closure times] * Checkpoint and closing time may change.
Nunber/Checkpoints location/Distance from start/Closing time/1㎞p pace
No.1/Meike-Kosaten(Intersection)/3.7㎞/9:22/Full Marathon & Fun Run/14 minutes 03 seconds
No.2/Kamitokoro-Chojiro(Three‐forked road)/5.4㎞/9:37/Full Marathon & Fun Run/8 minutes 49 seconds
No.3/Bandai City/7.5㎞/9:56/Full Marathon & Fun Run/9 minutes 02 seconds
No.4/Irifunebashi/12.8㎞/10:45/Full Marathon/9 minutes 14 seconds
No.5/Power plant/16.5㎞/11:19/Full Marathon/9 minutes 11 seconds
No.6/Yoriihama Hendensho(Substation)/22.3㎞/12:11/Full Marathon/8 minutes 57 second
No.7/National Route 402 (Turn around)/28.1㎞/13:09/Full Marathon/10 minutes 00 second
No.8/Heisei-Ohashi Nishizume/33.0㎞/13:58/Full Maratho/10 minutes 00 second
No.9/Motokawa-Ohashi Nishizume/38.8㎞/14:56/Full Marathon/10 minutes 00 second
- Participation Awards
- TBA (Information will be posted on the official website once decided)
- Completion Awards
- <Full Marathon>
① Finisher towels
② Jumbo rice ball or packed rice
Jumbo rice ball or packed rice
- (1) Baggage of runners will be transported from the starting point to the finishing point by the organizers.
(2) Only items which fit into the baggage bag (length 70 cm × width 50 cm, gusseted 10 cm), given in advance, may be checked in.
(3) Valuables or breakable items, including mobile phones, may not be stored. Organizers shall not be responsible for loss or damage.
(4) Baggage arrival may be delayed due to road conditions.
- Food · Water supply
- (1) The organizers will prepare water / food / sponge points.
(2) Specialized drinks cannot be arranged.
- Medical Station
- (1) Runners in the event must train sufficiently in advance and be in good physical health (having had regular physicals/medical checkups, etc.).
(2) A first-aid station will be set up on the course and will only provide emergency services for injuries during the competition.
- Transportation and Access
- (1) On the event day (October 9th), a pay-parking lot (1,000 yen) will be set up at the start site (Denka Big Swan Stadium). The number of spaces is limited and reservations are required at time of registration (first received, first served). Parking cannot be canceled after entry confirmation.
(2) On the day of the race (October 9th), a free shuttle bus will be in operation.
Before start: Niigata Station South Exit ⇒ Denka Big Swan Stadium
After finish: Niigata City Athletic Stadium ⇒ Niigata Station South Exit ⇒ Denka Big Swan Stadium
(3) Organizers will not be responsible for late arrival due to public transportation or road conditions.
- Inquiries for Accommodation
- JTB Kanto Corp. (JTB) has been appointed as the official travel agent for the Niigata city marathon 2017 and will handle hotel accommodations.
If you need accommodation, please apply from the following URL.
If you would like to make inquiries in English, please change the rightmost language selection button to English.
- Please participate in clothes suitable for the run.
In the stadium and on the course, clothing that is contrary to public order and morals and clothing or portable objects (such as sticks or banners) that may harm other runners are prohibited.
- Notes on application
- (1) Simultaneous applications for multiple events will result in disqualification without refund.
(2) False declarations, including name, age, gender, record, etc., will disqualify the runner from participation in this event and from even applying for future events.
(3) Application contents after submission cannot be changed, modified, or canceled.
(4) Excess payment / redundant deposits will not be refunded.
(5) Substitute appointments or rights assignments are not permitted. This will result in disqualification and organizers will not provide any refund.
(6) The organizers will not be responsible for any delay in application or payment due to postal delays / circumstances or Internet equipment / connection trouble.
(7) In the case of Internet application, applications may not be available depending on the terminal, OS, or browser software.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Niigata City Marathon Executive Committee|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||7F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,|
|Business hours||9:30 - 17:30 (Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd)|
Niigata City Marathon Executive Committee
JTB Sports Station
9F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 541-0058, Japan
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
■ Application Terms
Applicants who wish to participate must agree to the following application terms and apply:
①The organizers shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures upon illness, loss or other accident. Participants agree to receive compensation within the scope of the accident insurance subscribed by the organizers.
②If the event is canceled due to reasons not attributable to the organizers, such as earthquakes, wind and flood damage, snowfall, accidents, disease, refunds will not be provided.
③The organizers are entitled to the right of publication and image rights for television, newspapers, Internet, etc. such as pictures, photos, articles, and rights of disclosure of the applicant's name, age, address (country name, prefecture name, municipality name) etc., during the event, in addition to usage for the purpose of sales or research and development.
④The organizers will comply with laws and regulations for protection of personal information and will carefully handle personal information of participants.
⑤The tournament shall be carried out in compliance with all domestic laws.
⑥Be sure to apply for any minor with consent from the guardian.