7th Kobe Marathon (Kobe Marathon 2017)
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 19 Nov 2017〜19 Nov 2017
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
- Open Event
Participation application acceptance period
06 Apr 2017 10:00 ～ 05 Jul 2017 23:59
Banner for the event
System Maintenance Information
Thank you for choosing JTB Sports Station.
During the maintenance process, our website will be temporarily unavailable during the following hours
We apologize for any inconvenience.
(Tuesday) July 4, 2017 10:00 a.m. ～ 5:00 p.m. (JST)
All service unavailable.
Along with system maintenance, we extended application period of Kobe Marathon 2017 as follows.
『Before the change: Application deadline』
July 4, 2017 (Tuesday) 11:59 p.m. (JST)
『After the change: Application deadline』
July 5, 2017 (Wednesday) 11:59 p.m. (JST)
Since concentration of access is expected on the last day of application, please make an entry as soon as possible.
In addition, it takes time to input necessary information, please make an entry with plenty of time.
We do appreciate your continued patronage.
Entries in the Kobe Marathon in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean should use the website JTB Sports Station, owned and operated by JTB Western Japan Corp.
Entries in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean in the Kobe Marathon are limited to entries for foreign nationals in Japan and foreign nationals or Japanese nationals resident overseas.
This site is not for Japanese nationals residing in Japan. Any entry attempted by a Japanese national residing in Japan on this site will be invalid. Please note that if payment has been made for a Japanese national residing in Japan, no refund can be provided. Japanese nationals residing in Japan are asked to use the Kobe Marathon Japanese-language entry site (RUNNET).
[NOTE]:Application via JTB Sports Station
Please confirm the entry method from the following URL before applying
Selection method:First come, First served basis
Course characteristics/Kobe, the birthplace of marathon in Japan.
The course winds its way through the streets of exotic Kobe whose urban sophistication is balanced by the natural beauty of the sparkling Seto Inland Sea in front and verdant Rokko Mountain Range behind. The runners' spirits will be lifted by the hearty cheering and constant encouragement from the crowds lining the course.
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date & Time
- Sunday, November 19, 2017
Starts at 9:00am / Finishes at 4:00pm
*Runners will start in waves. Starting times for each wave will be set and announced at a later date.
- Marathon (42.195㎞)
*1. Only one application may be submitted per event or entry category.
*2. Time limit is based on the first signal gun time.
*3. Cut-off times are set at each checkpoint due to the limited duration of traffic control, security, and event operation. The cut-off times will be announced when the wave start details are decided. Runners who are proceeding at an extremely slow pace will be asked to stop the race even outside of checkpoints.
*4. Charity proceeds will be utilized by the Kobe Marathon Friendship Bank.
- Start: Kobe City Hall
Turnaround point: West of Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge (Nishi-Maiko, Tarumi-ku)
Finish: Port Island (Civic Square Vicinity)
(Course certified by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations and the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS))
- Competition Rules
- The race is conducted in accordance with the FY2017 rules and regulations set forth by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF), and the rules and regulations set forth for this event.
- Type of Entry / Category / Maximum Number of Entrants / Time Limit / Entry Fee
- <Type of Entry>
<Maximum Number of Entrants>
7 hours *1 *2
*1. Time limit is based on the first signal gun time.
*2. Cut-off times are set at each checkpoint due to the limited duration of traffic control, security, and event operation. The cut-off times will be announced when the wave start details are decided. Runners who are proceeding at an extremely slow pace will be asked to stop the race even outside of checkpoints.
<Entry Fee (per person)>
1)No charity goods (Additional charge: None)
(includes administrative fee and a ¥100 donation to charity)*3
2)With charity number card (Additional charge: 1,000 JPY)
3)With charity number card and original merchandise (Additional charge: 3,000 JPY)
■Please note that the organizers may reject applications for charity number cards with content containing company names, product names, or other material deemed inappropriate.
*3. Charity proceeds will be utilized by the Kobe Marathon Friendship Bank.
*4. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Applications shall be made via JTB Sports Station and are finalized upon payment of entry fees. Please note that entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstance after they have been processed (with the exception of applications made by entrants of foreign nationality residing in Japan who were not selected in the placement lottery).
*5. Please note that changes to your name or information cannot be made after your application is finalized, with the exception of circumstances such as marriage or change of address.
*6. Please note that the entrant cannot be changed after your application is finalized.
[NOTE] Application via JTB Sports Station
===Please confirm the entry method from the following URL before applying.===
Applications for the Kobe Marathon done in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean shall be submitted via JTB Sports Station, a website owned and operated by JTB Western Japan Corporation.
Applications for the Kobe Marathon done in English, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) and Korean shall be only for entrants of foreign nationality residing in Japan and entrants of Japanese or other nationalities living abroad.
JTB Sports Station is not intended for use by entrants of Japanese nationality residing in Japan; any applications submitted by entrants of Japanese nationality residing in Japan will be considered invalid. Please note that any application fees paid will not be refunded. We kindly ask that applications by entrants of Japanese nationality residing in Japan be submitted via Runnet, the Japanese-language application website for the Kobe Marathon.
- Entry Application
- (1)How to apply
Please apply online at: http://kobe-marathon.net/2017/english
*Registration on the JTB Sports Station website is required before applying; please agree to the terms and conditions of registration and submit your application.
(2)When to apply
From Thursday, April 6, 2017 (from 10:00am) to Tuesday, July 4, 2017 (by 11:59pm Japan Standard Time) *Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
(3)Entry fee payment
After submitting your application via the JTB Sports Station website, entry fees must be paid in accordance with specified methods in order for your application to be finalized. If payment of entry fees is not completed before the payment deadline, your application not be finalized and considered invalid.
(4) Selection of entrants
Applications are finalized upon payment of entry fees.
Applications will no longer be accepted if the number of applicants reaches the maximum capacity.
(5) Note for disabled applicants
Disabled applicants (holders of disability cards) should complete the required parts of the application.
- Athletes born on or before April 1, 1999
General runners: Those not registered with the Japan Association of Athletics Federations.
*Runners (including those from Japan and abroad recommended by the organizers) should be capable of completing the race within 6 hours and 30 minutes.
*Clothing and costumes considered contrary to public morals and inappropriate for sporting events is prohibited.
**Those with disabilities (holders of disability cards) who would have difficulty competing alone may designate one escort runner. (Runners may not be accompanied by a seeing-eye dog.)
- Runner Check-in
- [Check-in Dates & Time]
Friday, November 17, 2017: 1:00pm – 8:00pm (latest time for admission) (planned)
Saturday, November 18, 2017: 10:00am – 7:00pm (latest time for admission) (planned)
Location: Kobe International Exhibition Hall
**Please be sure to check in on one of the two days listed above.
*Note that runner check-in will be closed on the actual marathon day (November 19). Entrants may not check in outside the times stated above.
*Escort runners should also check in at the above times.
*At the time of check-in, the entrant's identity will be confirmed (the entrant must present in person).
*Check-in will be refused if the entrant fails to show identification documents.
*Those with disabilities must bring their disability card.
- Awards will be presented to the top eight men and the top eight women runners.
Awards will be presented to the top eight men and the top eight women runners for each five-year age group.
*Excludes award winners from the general group. Certificates will be mailed at a later date.
- Doping Control
- Doping tests will be conducted under the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) anti-doping regulations or Japan anti-doping regulations. Doping tests taken before or after the event will be based on urine or blood sample collection (or both). Applicable runners must take the tests in accordance with instructions.
- TUE Applications
- Runners who must use, for the treatment of an illness, a prohibited substance or method listed under the Prohibited List International Standard must apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE). For details, please visit the Japan Association of Athletics Federation (JAAF) website: http://www.jaaf.or.jp/medical/index.html）, or the Japan Anti-Doping Agency (JADA) website: http://www.playtruejapan.org/.
- Entry & Administration Fees
- <Application method>
Internet (JTB Sports Station)
<Entry fee (administration fee included)>
Application for Charity Merchandise*1
No charity merchandise
Additional fees: \0
(1) Charity number card
Additional fees: \1,000
(2) Charity number card and original merchandise
Additional fees: \3,000
*1. Please note that the organizers may reject applications for charity number cards with content containing company names, product names, or other material deemed inappropriate.
- Personal Information
- The organizers recognize the importance of entrants' personal information and will handle it in accordance with laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information based on the organizers' personal information protection policy. Any personal information submitted will be used to provide drawing results, participation guidelines, notices of records achieved and related information, services from Kobe Marathon sponsors, supporters, co-organizers and related organizations, and for the announcement of records (including rankings) with the aim of improving service to entrants in this event.
*Please note that the organizers or the Kobe Marathon Runner Call Center may use your personal information to contact you and confirm information related to your application.
- Participation Prizes
- Participants will receive commemorative T-shirts. For sizes, please refer to the chart below (JASPO standard).
T-shirt(T-shirt size chart)
Size Height(approx) Chest measurement(approx)
S 165cm 88cm
M 170cm 92cm
L 175cm 96cm
XL 180cm 100cm
XXL 185cm 104cm
Size Height(approx) Chest measurement(approx)
S 155cm 80cm
M 160cm 83cm
L 165cm 86cm
XL 170cm 89cm
*If no T-shirt size is specified at application, both men and women will receive a size M.
*Men may not select a women’s T-shirt and women may not select a men’s T-shirt.
*Please note that women’s T-shirts are made with a snug-fitting design. Please select your size accordingly.
*Please note that circumstances may prevent some applicants from getting the size they want.
*T-shirt size cannot be changed after registration.
- Charity Merchandise
- Entrants may also order the charity merchandise listed below at the time of application.
Charity proceeds will be utilized by the Kobe Marathon Friendship Bank.
(1) \1,000: Charity number card
(2) \3,000: Charity number card and original merchandise
Entrants may also order the charity merchandise listed below at the time of application.
Charity proceeds will be utilized by the Kobe Marathon Friendship Bank.
A charity number card allows you to display your name or a nickname on your front and back.
Please select one of the three options listed below.
*JAAF-registered runners are not permitted to wear charity number cards.
Get 100 times more power when supporters cheer you on by your name or nickname!
(1) Name (full name)
NOTE: The following will not be accepted as nicknames
●Names of companies, enterprises, shops, or products
●Nicknames containing or consisting only of numerals, emoticons (emoji), or symbols
●Nicknames containing religious or faith-related content
●Nicknames deemed to be containing discriminatory or explicit language
●Nicknames deemed to be against public order and morals
●Any other nicknames deemed inappropriate by the event organizers
(3) Charity donation only (no name or nickname will be printed on your charity number card)
*Charity number card illustration
- (1) Please note that the Kobe Marathon Runner Call Center or secretariat cannot respond to questions or inquiries about the status of an application or results of the drawing.
(2) When applying via the Internet, the computer terminal, operating system, or browser used by the applicant may prevent the applicant from being able to file his or her application.
(3) Receipts for entry fees
Receipts will not be issued. Entrants are asked to substitute the credit card company's account or billing statement for an official receipt
(4) The passage of emergency vehicles including ambulances may impede the progress of runners. In such cases, no record adjustments can be made to compensate for the time lost.
(5) The organizers may permit the commissioned sale of photographs and other approved products.
(6) Minors must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian for entering.
(7) For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.
(8) These guidelines are for Kobe Marathon 2017.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Kobe Marathon Committee|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||7F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan|
|Business hours||9:30 - 17:30 (Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd)|
Kobe Marathon Committee
JTB Sports Station
7F, MPR Hommachi Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho,
Office Hours: 9:30 - 17:30
Office Closed: Every Weekends, National Holidays and Dec. 30th to Jan. 3rd)
Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)
【Notes on application】
(1）The following will result in applications being rejected.
●Duplicate applications for the same event by the same person
●Applications for multiple events by the same person.
(2) False declaration of age, gender or entry by a person other than the applicant (fraudulent entry) will not be tolerated. In such cases, entry will be cancelled and entry fees/processing fees will not be refunded.
（3）Once an application has been accepted, the contents of the application cannot be cancelled or changed, the application cannot be cancelled, and entry fees will not be refunded. In case of necessary to confirm the application details, the organizers will contact applicants registered phone number or email address, directly.
（4）The organizers accept no responsibility for delays in applications as a result of defects with internet devices/lines.
（5） An event cancellation due to an earthquake, storm/flood damage, snowfall, accidents, epidemic disease, or any other reasons, the organizer will not refund the entry fee.
(6) The organizers will not be responsible for entrants arriving late due to public transport or road traffic conditions on the day of the marathon.
（7）With exception of providing emergency response measures, the organizers accept no liability whatsoever for sickness, loss, or other mishaps.
（8）During the event (including on the course), entrants are prohibited from wearing or displaying logos or trademarks representing a company or product name for the purpose of advertising.
(9) I understand that during the race or in related activities, I may be photographed, filmed, and/or videotaped. I agree to allow my name, photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate promotional purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers and assigns.
（10）The organizers will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information in handling the personal information of the participants.
（11）The event will be conducted in compliance with all related laws and regulations of Japan.
（12）For event-related matters not covered above, please follow the instructions of the organizers.