Kanazawa Marathon 2017
Summary of the event
- Period of the event
- 29 Oct 2017〜29 Oct 2017
- Event venue
- Event type
- The number of capacity
- Open Event
Participation application acceptance period
01 Mar 2017 10:00 ～ 16 May 2017 17:00
Banner for the event
*Please click following URL for Entry and Application Procedures.
*The residents of Japan cannot be entry from this site.（It is not accepting the residents of Japan, irrespective of nationality.）
*Overseas Residents are able to participate without lottery,
however the application is accepted by first come, first served who have completed the application. Please be advised that it is not able to complete the application if it is fully booked.
10:00 a.m. of Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 to 5:00 p.m. of Tuesday, May 16th, 2017
If this is the first time you are using JTB sports station,you need to complete the process of new membership registration in advance.
The event information
Click(tap) and look at item information
- Date and Time
- Sunday, October 29th, 2017
START: 8:50 a.m.
FINISH: 3:50 p.m.
*The event will be held rain or shine
- Course Overview
- The course begins in front of Kanazawa City Hall and finishes at the Ishikawa Prefecture Seibu Ryokuchi Park athletics field.
This course is approved by JAAF and AIMS.
- Marathon Regulations
- The Kanazawa Marathon will be held in accordance with the provisions of this marathon and the 2017 JAAF competition rules.
- (1)Entrants must be born before April 1st, 1999.
(2)Those who are the residents of overseas as of now.
Also, applicant who is able to provide an identification to proof
the residential address which is same as the application at runner's check in.
（The residents of Japan cannot be entry from this site.）
※Entrants are not permitted to use wheelchairs in this marathon.
- Event/ Capacity/ Time Limit/ Entry Fee
Full Marathon (42.195 km)
13,000 runners (Including the online registration of 1000 positions for overseas entrants.）
※The entry will finish even if it is before the deadline when the applicants count reach the capacity of 1000.
7 hours（Time will be counted from the gun start.）
※Transaction fee will be required separately.
- Record Measurements
- ・Race time will be measured using timekeeping chips.
・Gross race time (measured from the start gun) will be used to determine entrant rankings.
*Rankings will be announced accurate to the second.
In the event that two or more entrants achieve the same time, rankings will be determined by 1/100th of a second.
Net time (measured from each individual's passing of the start line) will also be used as supporting evidence.
The finish certificate will be issued as instant record at the event day.
The complete certificate will not be issued due to the record might be changed after the event.
- Time Checkpoints
- Time checkpoints will be set throughout the marathon, based on transport safety, security, and our operations and logistics requirements. Entrants who arrive at the checkpoint well after the designated closing time will be asked to withdraw from the marathon.
Checkpoint Distance (km) Stage Distance (km) Closing Time
Checkpoint 1 3.8 3.8 09:40
Checkpoint 2 7.1 3.3 10:10
Checkpoint 3 14.4 7.3 11:17
Checkpoint 4 18.1 3.7 11:52
Checkpoint 5 21.1 3 12:21
Checkpoint 6 26.7 5.6 13:17
Checkpoint 7 32.5 5.8 14:12
Checkpoint 8 34.8 2.3 14:34
Checkpoint 9 38.8 4 15：13
Finish 42.195 3.395 15：50
- ・General category, men's/women's: 1st–8th place
・10-year age groups (Under 29s–Over 70s) men's/women's: 1st–6th place (award certificates will be sent out at a later date)
- Number Bib Pick-up
Friday, October 27th, 2017 2:00 p.m.～9:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 28th, 2017 10:00 a.m.～8:00 p.m.
Ishikawa Ongakudo Interchange Hall
・Please be sure to pick up the bib number during the above period.
・Number Bib Pick-up is NOT accepted on the race day of Sunday, October 29th, 2017.
・Please bring along your personal identification for verification. (All pickups must be in person and proxy is not accepted.)
・It might be required to show the identification which can verified the runner's residential address at Runner's Check-in desk.
・Companion runners are also required to pick up during the same period.
- Participation Awards
- T-shirts will be provided as the participant's awards.
Please see the size chart (JASPO Standards) on below.
SIZE SS S M L O XO
HEIGHT(cm) 157～163 162～168 167～173 172～178 177～183 182～188
CHEST(cm) 81～87 85～91 89～95 93～99 97～103 101～107
WAIST(cm) 67～73 71～77 75～81 79～85 83～89 87～93
*Size change is not accepted after registration.
*Entrants who do not specify their choice T-shirt size will be provided L size shirts for men or M size shirts for women.
- Personal Information
- The Kanazawa Marathon event organizer values the importance of personal information. Entrants' personal information will be handled in accordance with the relevant laws and statutes concerning protection of personal information, and the privacy policies of the event organizing committee. Personal information will be used for published race times, as well as the improvement of services for all marathon entrants, including balloting, event guidance, registration notification, related event notifications, and other miscellaneous services from the marathon's supporting and related organizations.
*The event organizers may contact you to confirm the details of your registration.
Event secretariat information
|Event secretariat||Kanazawa Marathon Entry Desk|
|Application address||JTB Sports Station|
|Postal address||7F MPR Bldg, 3-1-8, Minamikyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan|
|Business hours||hours 9:30-17:30; closed Sat.,Sun.,holidays **Japan Standard Time (GMT+9)**|
Please direct inquiries to:
Kanazawa Marathon Entry Desk
JTB Sports Station Desk
JTB Western Japan Corp. MICE Division
Office hours : 09:30-17:30 (Closed : Sat, Sun and Public Holiday <30Dec-03Jan>)
7th Fl, MPR Bldg,3-1-8 Minami-Kyuhoji-cho, Chuo-ku, Osaka,541-0058,Japan
TEL : +81-6-6252-4009
FAX : +81-6-6252-4015
【Application Terms and Conditions】
(1) Only applications from persons who qualify under the “Application Eligibility”section will be accepted.
Applications from persons who do not qualify under the aforementioned section will be canceled, regardless of intent or accident, and no refunds will be made.
(2) Multiple applications from one person are not allowed. Applicants found submitting multiple applications will be disqualified, and no refunds will be made.
(3) In the event that applicants experience any illness, loss of belongings, or similar incidents during the Kanazawa Marathon, the event organizers take no responsibility outside of emergency measures such as first aid treatment. (Entrants will be covered under the event organizers' accident insurance.)
(4) Submitted applications cannot be canceled or changed for personal reasons. If there is any problem for the application, the secretariat will contact to the entrants.
(5) The provision of false information (age, gender, address, etc.), or participation in the marathon by a different person to the registered entrant, is not permitted. Any applications found to contain false or misleading information after submission will be canceled and no refunds will be made.
(6) If the event is canceled due to reasons not attributable to the organizer, such as earthquakes, wind and flood damage, snowfall, incidents, accidents, diseases, we will not refund any entry fee or commission.
(7) No refunds will be made for overpayments or multiple payments for one application.
(8) The event organizers reserve the right to use and publish in print, visual media or online materials, any video footage, photographic images, or written articles from the Kanazawa Marathon containing any entrants' likeness and details (name, age, location (country, prefecture, or town name). Additionally, with the authorization of the event organizer, some photographs and other material may be sold commercially.
(9) The event organizers will conduct the Kanazawa Marathon event in accordance with these terms and conditions and the rules of the Marathon.
(10) The Kanazawa Marathon will be conducted in accordance with all Japanese laws and statutes.
(11) The organizer will organize in accordance with the application policy and event agreements.
(12) Entrants who is under 20 years old must obtain the permission of their parents or guardians before applying.
(13) The event organizers take no responsibility for any late applications caused by Internet connectivity/device malfunctions.
(14) Please note that some applications made over the Internet may not be successful due to the applicant's device, operating system, or Internet browser.
(1) Entrants are expected to take their health into consideration and complete sufficient training before participating in the marathon, as well as undergo a health check before race day to ensure their condition is suitable. During the marathon, entrants are encouraged to keep to a manageable pace so as not to compromise their health. Entrants are advised not to participate if they experience any physical health problems prior to the marathon.
Entrants must fill out and submit a health-related checklist as part of the registration process. Should entrants experience any abnormal physical discomfort during the marathon, they should withdraw immediately.
(2) The runners' personal belongings will be delivered by the organizer from start area to finish area. It might be delayed the delivery due to traffic conditions.
(3) There are no parking lots near the starting venue, so please public transportation on the day of the event, The sponsor will not bear responsibility for lateness caused by a delay or accident while traveling, so please factor in time for unexpected events when traveling to the venue.
(4) The starting position will be determined by the arrangement of designated blocks. Each block will refer to the reported (estimated) start time; if the reported (estimated) time is not reported then those entrants will start from the last position.
(5) Please do not come to the marathon wearing any clothes or costumes that may inconvenience, endanger, or offend others around you.
(6) Any patterns or logos representing businesses or commercial products for advertising purposes, or any other advertising material, must not be displayed or worn at the marathon (including while running).
(7) Please refrain from activities that would inconvenience others, such as littering, using unauthorized bathrooms, or taking too much from the water/food supplies. Please use common courtesy so everyone can enjoy a good run.
(8) Receipts for the participation fee
* If paying with a credit card
Receipts will not be issued. Please use your card's statement of use or bill.
(9) Any inquiry of the application status or result of the lottery to the entry center or secretariat is not accepted.